Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
EF Coming Up On STV

...shortly

Re: EF Coming Up On STV

My dad foned to tell me, come in out bk garden and not a mention? Did I miss it?

Yes. We were referred to as 'tiny East Fife'.

... And "The Methil minows".

They must think that there's numerous fulltime teams within Methil

I would say there are no full time teams in Methil!

Hope we actually sign some players soon. look forward to confirmed signings of senior, 1st team players.

Umm it was confirmed at the SC Q&A that East Fife will be a fulltime team next season.

You must be one of the very few people that are against the bringing through of youths from the academy of 300+ players!

East Fife for whatever reason in the past has rarely brought through youngsters and we've got no where!

Now some of these youths (because of the size of academy) can potentially make us more money than East Fife have ever had, But for some reason there were people grunting at the idea during the SC Q&A!

Ridiculous!

Even if we don't bring any youths through, Just having the youths will entice their families to come watch The Fife!

hahaha - I'm for players who are of the standard to wear the black and gold. Whether they are 19 or 119 I don't care - as long as they are good enough

No one will get through unless they're good enough and I doubt they'll even get tried in the first team unless the match was dispensable.

Glad to see your for it NC.

Coonsil Tax Payer
Yes. We were referred to as 'tiny East Fife'.

I think the reporter had to be a lino fan as the only club near us is....you all know who? that has the links market every year in this town or maybe because dunfermline are in the leauge and from fife we were classed as this on tonights sports news.
Btw i herd aswell we are east neuk and not levenmouth around these coasts, someones surely no been here on holiday like hendo

Noisy Crossbar
hahaha - I'm for players who are of the standard to wear the black and gold. Whether they are 19 or 119 I don't care - as long as they are good enough

I know four people who are 119 but I reckon probably only two of them would have made our first team last season.

They may well have made it last year but definitely not this season

KotS
Noisy Crossbar

I know four people who are 119 but I reckon probably only two of them would have made our first team last season.

Hahaha

If we re sign Johnston, McBride etc they might still.

Fred
Hahaha

If we re sign Johnston, McBride etc they might still.

True, Get them trialed