Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
new board

i have not seen a list of who the new board is and what positions they will hold within the club does anyone know

Re: new board

An interesting question! Is there actually a new Board or is it mainly the same unloved faces with a couple or three additions at the top? Apart from Ian Henderson's principled stand has there been any falling on swords? There has been plenty of positives in the press but little on this very key question.

Dubya
An interesting question! Is there actually a new Board or is it mainly the same unloved faces with a couple or three additions at the top? Apart from Ian Henderson's principled stand has there been any falling on swords? There has been plenty of positives in the press but little on this very key question.

The only two remaining for the time being is Dave Marshall and Jim Stevenson.

The rest are gone and I don't think it'll be long before Dave and Jim follow.

highlander
i have not seen a list of who the new board is and what positions they will hold within the club does anyone know

Brian McNeill - Director of Football
Lee Murray - Chairman
Jim Stevenson (Remains for the time being)
Dave Marshall (Remains for the time being)

is it better to have directors that give up there time and money because they love the club or is it better to have directors that don't and can put in some cash or not? i don't believe lee or Brian have the clubs intrests at the top of there agendas

is it not also correct that john Donaldson will still be director?

highlander
is it better to have directors that give up there time and money because they love the club or is it better to have directors that don't and can put in some cash or not? i don't believe lee or Brian have the clubs intrests at the top of there agendas

So what is their agenda then? Why are they putting their own money in?

I think we should be told.

Hahaha
Dubya

Ahem!

Not quite.

Eugene Clarke
Hahaha
Dubya

Ahem!

Not quite.

Eugene's wee lassie is going to have to get the bus everywhere now just so Nade can get a few extra bob in his deal, and folk still forget all about him.

i am sure Lee will do Eastfife a lot of good in the short term but is it his aim to turn the club in to a profit making club,doubtfull.
I would be very surprised if Brian Mcneil has put one penny into the club.
I keep thinking of gretna and what over ambition can do to a club.

I notice that Davie Hamilton would appear to have a prominent position within the new regime, and that Dave Marshall's position is at best precarious.

Now I remember standing on the mound after marching in protest against Derrick Brown and being joined on the mound by Dave Marshall whilst Hamilton stood in support of Deek (I'm a bigger supporter of 50 wimmin than east fife ever was) Broon! So my question to the new regime is, why have Hamilton anywhere near the club? He is clearly a yes man (and this may appear attractive to new investors) but it will inevitably backfire. Please do the right thing and tell him to FUCK OFF!. I like the sound of the a youth academy and the long term thinking in pushing East Fife forward, but having Davie Hamilton on board in my humble opinion is a terrible idea!

Hahaha
highlander

Lee Murray - Chairman

Brian, Eck, Tam, Robert ......n all the doubters surely to fuk this proves its not me as a was sitting with u all nite c'mon to fuk go a boy a break as his wife is goin nuts about this.....u know where am comin from guys

Mini
Hahaha
highlander

Lee Murray - Chairman

Brian, Eck, Tam, Robert ......n all the doubters surely to fuk this proves its not me as a was sitting with u all nite c'mon to fuk go a boy a break as his wife is goin nuts about this.....u know where am comin from guys

Not a clue!

Eugene Clarke
Hahaha
Dubya

Ahem!

Not quite.

And of course Eugene... I thought that would have been clear though hahaha.

I don't believe you plan on going anywhere either?... Or at least I hope not

if he does decide to go then i hope theres a return ticket but it looks bright and decent than a month ago with things at the club looked very much depression under the old management and board that we had in before but i hope Dave Marshall does stay at the club when the offical deadline of the 1st July come and he has been involved at the club ever since and no too bothered about the others that were on the board before lee and his team came in.