Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Registered players

Unfortunately due to work commitments, I was unable to attend the meeting on Thursday. I feel a mix of excitement and apprehension about the new direction the new Board are taking the Club and hope that this is the start of a new dawn for East Fife. One thing I feel the new Board needs to repair from the previous regime is communication with the fans. There has been conflicting information regarding players who have signed for next season with some on social networks claiming that the players named as having resigned with the Club ( Brown, Smith, Johnstone & Gormley) have in fact not resigned. Surely the Club should be confirming these signings on the Official website if they have been signed. If they have not signed I feel a big mistake has been made in naming them as having signed, as they are likely to go elsewhere.
Preseason training can't be far away from starting with a friendly organised for 10th July v Hearts and as it stands we presently would seem to have no players officially signed. I hope I am worrying about nothing but there are so many rumours about who have / have not signed, who's supposed to be coming to Bayview, who we are trying to sign. The previous Board were not very great regarding communication - hopefully the new one will show them how it should have been done.

Re: Registered players

Bayviewboy
Unfortunately due to work commitments, I was unable to attend the meeting on Thursday. I feel a mix of excitement and apprehension about the new direction the new Board are taking the Club and hope that this is the start of a new dawn for East Fife. One thing I feel the new Board needs to repair from the previous regime is communication with the fans. There has been conflicting information regarding players who have signed for next season with some on social networks claiming that the players named as having resigned with the Club ( Brown, Smith, Johnstone & Gormley) have in fact not resigned. Surely the Club should be confirming these signings on the Official website if they have been signed. If they have not signed I feel a big mistake has been made in naming them as having signed, as they are likely to go elsewhere.
Preseason training can't be far away from starting with a friendly organised for 10th July v Hearts and as it stands we presently would seem to have no players officially signed. I hope I am worrying about nothing but there are so many rumours about who have / have not signed, who's supposed to be coming to Bayview, who we are trying to sign. The previous Board were not very great regarding communication - hopefully the new one will show them how it should have been done.

Has the board actually stated who has signed from last years squad, or is it only rumour on the web? If the club have not made any statement, then they are not responsible to respond to internet gossip, I would say. Internet gossip is no different to pub gossip and they wold defo not comment on that.

Also, do you think the board would be arranging games if they could not raise a team for it?

Savoyman
Bayviewboy

Has the board actually stated who has signed from last years squad, or is it only rumour on the web? If the club have not made any statement, then they are not responsible to respond to internet gossip, I would say. Internet gossip is no different to pub gossip and they wold defo not comment on that.

Also, do you think the board would be arranging games if they could not raise a team for it?

If you were at the meeting on Thursday or have watched the video of the meeting you will see that they have named players who have signed - not Internet gossip ! None of these 'signings' are confirmed on Official website. I would have thought they would have been really keen to announce confirmed signings asap to show a squad is being built for next season.

If you listened to what lee said it sounded more like players have agreed to sign deals but the paperwork ain't been sorted so can't be published on website

well what i herd we are still talking to scott durie, steven campbell & Scott McBride in staying at the club again, well atleast BlackNdGold was listening to what Lee said in his talk. I thank EFTV & Graeme to flim this on the website and show others who wasnt there on Thursday and those who stayed away, to just come back and be involved in the club again. So time to get my scarf out my bottom drawer me thinks and does anyone know whats happening to Bobby Barr? is he signing for Stenny/Ayr or is he staying with Livi for the time-being?

Mon The Fife!

It appears to be all talk about who has signed and i would like to see confirmed what players will be here next season.With the season tickets on sale i would have thought the new board /management would be making an increased effort in informing all potential fans of signings.So far i think the saying talk is cheap applies.

topper
It appears to be all talk about who has signed and i would like to see confirmed what players will be here next season.With the season tickets on sale i would have thought the new board /management would be making an increased effort in informing all potential fans of signings.So far i think the saying talk is cheap applies.

So far, it is clear there will always be whinging on this website about anything to do with East Fife.

topper

What a moaning clown, it's amazing that anyone wants to get involved in a football club when there is the permanent glass half empty crew on here

So are you saying the fans(the paying customers) do not need to know what players are going to sign.

topper
So are you saying the fans(the paying customers) do not need to know what players are going to sign.

I expect that things will be announced as they happen - at the moment with your "talk is cheap drivel" you merely confirm that you are pretty negative person, I dunno maybe you are that prick with the bald head who seems obsessed with shouting abuse at the games

I am always optimistic about the coming season no matter what has gone before. I have bought a season ticket but don't think Topper is being unreasonable in wanting to know who we have registered as players for the season ahead.

Candy crush
topper

I expect that things will be announced as they happen - at the moment with your "talk is cheap drivel" you merely confirm that you are pretty negative person, I dunno maybe you are that prick with the bald head who seems obsessed with shouting abuse at the games

You are an arse.

Nothing to do with being negative ya clown. All rumours and gossip and until anything has been confirmed it will stay that way.

Man up.

FS
Candy crush
topper

You are an arse.

Nothing to do with being negative ya clown. All rumours and gossip and until anything has been confirmed it will stay that way.

Man up.

Aye, so will you grow up at the same time then?