Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Season 13/14 Signed Players

I'm starting to lose track of whose signed and whos agreed to sign, there are others we would like to sign and some players we're talking to. Aaaarghhhh!!!!

Does anyone actually know who has put pen to paper and signed for us?

Re: Season 13/14 Signed Players

No !!

So, let's keep this thread for serious news, there's enough tongue-in-cheek nonsense on other threads. Anyone posting shit on here risks getting kicked off aftn - fair enough?

Until I see someone in the tunnel at Bayview draped in a scarf, like what normally happens when we make a signing..... Then as far as I'm concerned it's all wind and pish!

KotS
So, let's keep this thread for serious news, there's enough tongue-in-cheek nonsense on other threads. Anyone posting shit on here risks getting kicked off aftn - fair enough?

Apologies for answering the question posed ! Didn't realise that this thread was any more serious than any other but obviously my two lettered response has caused offence so rather than being kicked off aftn, I will ban myself from posting till the weekend as punishment. Maybe threads can be headed as serious, not too serious or absolutely taking the piss !

No offence taken.
Just would like to know exactly where we are with signed players(after last years stuttering start with half a squad).
Don't think we have a signed player yet?
Made a commitment to sign and Speaking to dont mean that much to me.
Think we've got a few players according to Lee Murray at the supporters club meeting but think its time for the official site to list them.

Good morning from sunny Bulgaria.
My understanding of the situation is that there is a lack of knowledge within the current Board of how to submit player registrations.To this end a former Board member,part of whose remit was to check and submit said registrations, has been asked to stay until the end of the month.
You may remember how EF got Paul McManus from Raith Rovers a few seasons ago because of a technicality in player registration submissions.
On a separate matter , I wonder who is to be the Stadium Controller since John Donaldson has left the Board. Anyone on the new Board with Health and Safety Certificates.
My own view of the structure of the current board is that it is fine at a strategic level,ie making the decisions at a senior level.
To me there should be,if you like a second level,eg at admin .level to keep the Official Site up to date and the Supporters better informed,at community level
meeting schools ,local businesses , local groups , in general speaking up East Fife and getting over to the public in general the vision of Lee Murray and his future of the club.

Just to add that the BOD named various players at the Supporters Club meeting.
Time for the Official Site to be updated to clear up any misunderstandings.
Talk is cheap.

If you were at the meeting on Thursday or viewed the video you would have seen that John DOnaldson has not resigned from the board or least he hadn't at that time! Things may have changed since then but not that my cousin has heard anyway!

C.mon guys let them get their feet under the table. The new regime has been there for barely a week and what we don't want is a repeat of the Collin Samuel farce of last year. Lee Murray probably shouldn't have named names at the meeting last week if things had not been finalised so hopefully it's just a case of waiting till the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed before announcing anything official.

Bayviewboy
KotS

Apologies for answering the question posed ! Didn't realise that this thread was any more serious than any other but obviously my two lettered response has caused offence so rather than being kicked off aftn, I will ban myself from posting till the weekend as punishment. Maybe threads can be headed as serious, not too serious or absolutely taking the piss !

Bayviewboy, my suggestion was definitely not aimed at your post (which hit the nail on the head btw). It was a pre-emptive strike against the way the thread was likely to pan out based on the other half a dozen similar threads. Though, even as I typed it I felt it was probably a forlorn hope. Time will tell.

Apologies for any confusion.

KotS
Bayviewboy
KotS

Bayviewboy, my suggestion was definitely not aimed at your post (which hit the nail on the head btw). It was a pre-emptive strike against the way the thread was likely to pan out based on the other half a dozen similar threads. Though, even as I typed it I felt it was probably a forlorn hope. Time will tell.

Apologies for any confusion.

Cheers Kots, I can now lift my self imposed ban ! Have to say it is pretty disappointing that it was stated at the meeting that 10 players would be signed by the weekend but here we are at Tuesday and the only player defo signed is Stoney and we only know that due to his comments on Twitter.