Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
In talks

According to courier we are talking to Darren Dods and Gary thom has supposedly agreed terms

Re: In talks

Do you really want Thom?

Here's a quote from "Redweb" Stirling Albion's fans website, taken from his last game with the Beanos, against Elgin City

"Other than a couple of Nicolson tries from 25 yard range the visitors had created almost nothing in the second period. However, they very nearly took the lead courtesy of lapse in concentration by Gary Thom. The Albion defender dithered in possession and gifted the ball to Dennis Wyness only yards from goal. The veteran striker poked his attempt towards the net and it required a desperation stretch by Jamie Clark to keep the ball out. Have to say this is the kind of brain fart which should see Mr Thom departing the scene in the next couple of weeks. Just too prone to rash challenges or daft moments like this in his own box".

Absolutely underwhelming singing in Thom. Released by one of the worst Stirling teams ever.

Signing a released third division player and re signing a lot of the guys that almost got us relegated should set us up nicely.

remember people saying the same when we signed marc mcculloch from Arbroath and he turned out to be a good signing. give whoever we sign the chance to prove themselves before you slate them ffs.

kceffc
remember people saying the same when we signed marc mcculloch from Arbroath and he turned out to be a good signing. give whoever we sign the chance to prove themselves before you slate them ffs.

Totally agree, one week of ridiculous rumours and now we are too good and too big a club for players like Gary Thom, considering our defence was pretty much brutal last season perhaps he can add something? Like someone said he was playing in a poor Stirling team, maybe he'll do better with us.

I'm excited as the next east fife fan about the goingson at the moment but its time to come back down to earth. Small changes make the biggest changes. Listen to what Murray & Aitchison are saying in the press, sounds great to me! With or without signings like Nade, Gomes etc...

Half Empty
Signing a released third division player and re signing a lot of the guys that almost got us relegated should set us up nicely.

What players from last season?? Only Stonie so far. Both Gormley and Durie have said on twitter they haven't signed for anybody. Saying players have signed when they havent is a bit silly really.
Can see this turning in to last seasons joke Pre-season. I really hope not but 1 confirmed signing isn't great.
Getting plenty coverage in the press linking us with all sorts, which to be honest also worries me....

What is the point
Half Empty

What players from last season?? Only Stonie so far. Both Gormley and Durie have said on twitter they haven't signed for anybody. Saying players have signed when they havent is a bit silly really.
Can see this turning in to last seasons joke Pre-season. I really hope not but 1 confirmed signing isn't great.
Getting plenty coverage in the press linking us with all sorts, which to be honest also worries me....

You have every reason to be worried.
All is not as it should be and some serious flannel has been spouted this past week.

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns."

Don Corleone
What is the point
Half Empty

You have every reason to be worried.
All is not as it should be and some serious flannel has been spouted this past week.

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns."

Ssssshhhhhhhh.!!!!!!

Did anyone else see the courier interview with the new manager where he says the budget set by Lee Murray is stringent and will make it hard to attract decent players. So basically we are where we were last year but with the under 19s more likely to get a game this season?

Alarm bells are creeping up on me.....

DPH
Alarm bells are creeping up on me.....

They should.

Jeezo the manager has been in the job for about 1 week give the guy a break. It's early doors yet we aren't the only clubwho needs to rebuild.

We must go with our youth,the club will benefit in the long run.The season may turn out to be a complete disaster results wise,but we as supporters must give the team,especially the younsters, the same vocal backing as we gave the team at the end of last season.
Billy Brown wasn't interested in these young lads but Mr McNeill and Mr Aitchison knows the majority of the boys from 3 seasons ago and I think they can develop 1 or 2(hopefully more) of them into decent 1st team players.
Bringing in a few 'marquee signings ' may have a detrimental effect on the squad with last seasons players being offered part-time wages and offered the chance to train full-time.

Telstar Tam
We must go with our youth,the club will benefit in the long run.The season may turn out to be a complete disaster results wise,but we as supporters must give the team,especially the younsters, the same vocal backing as we gave the team at the end of last season.
Billy Brown wasn't interested in these young lads but Mr McNeill and Mr Aitchison knows the majority of the boys from 3 seasons ago and I think they can develop 1 or 2(hopefully more) of them into decent 1st team players.
Bringing in a few 'marquee signings ' may have a detrimental effect on the squad with last seasons players being offered part-time wages and offered the chance to train full-time.

But there will be nothing more damaging than having a 'complete disaster results wise' to erode all the goodwill that the new regime currently have. A losing team week in, week out is not going to attract more people to come and watch East Fife. You need to strike a balance. I'm all for blooding young players and that is the way we must go in the longer term but Murray has talked about East Fife thinking like a 1st Division club from now on. If we are in the 3rd Division in 2014/15 because we have wilfully played a load of not ready youngsters then that talk is going to sound pretty stupid.