Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Courier today

It says that confirmation of Michael brown Darren smith Christian nade Liam gorley stoney and Gary thom will be confirmed in next few days due to players being on holiday it's been hard to finalise paper work. We are in talks with Steven Campbell Scott mcbride Scott durie and Paul McManus and us and Forfar are talking to Darren Dods we have offered him player coach deal according to courier

Re: Courier today

Darren Dods, Stevie Campbell and Gary Thom in defence could be excellent. Really hope we can beat Forfar in landing Darren Dods. Exactly the type of leader we've been chasing after since the Steven Tweed days.

How about the board do what is required instead of saying we are trying to sign these players. Some concrete news would be nice.

I personally dont think that they will sign Dodds and i am a bit concerned that Nade will miss most of pre-season due to his current injury and we will be left with a striker who is half fit.

It is good that the board are talking to the press and East Fife are getting a bit coverage, but so far they have told us nothing that isnt just a rumour.

One confirmed signing, we where in a better position last year and look how that pre-season turned out.

Official confirmation of our one and only signing so far would be nice, is the person who deals with the official site on holiday???

King Kebab
Official confirmation of our one and only signing so far would be nice, is the person who deals with the official site on holiday???

Wouldn't it be nice......

to have KK and 'what's the point' as volunteers at Bayview to put out the information they crave? Trouble is, would they be willing to do it if they are on holiday?

what is the point
I personally dont think that they will sign Dodds and i am a bit concerned that Nade will miss most of pre-season due to his current injury and we will be left with a striker who is half fit.

There is no doubt that Nade will probably miss the whole of pre-season but one thing is for sure he won't be played until he's fit!

Brian is a physio, he's not going to risk further injuring a player by playing them when they're not fit!

Beachboy

to have KK and 'what's the point' as volunteers at Bayview to put out the information they crave? Trouble is, would they be willing to do it if they are on holiday?

Actually smartarse, I am on holiday this week and would be willing and able to put out the information that is so craved, but in your pathetic effort to divert this thread with your “ I’m a real fan and you're no, don't rock the boat, you should sit in the dark and be happy to be fed shite" lickspittle type post, you are avoiding the real issue here, that is that it appears that the New Board appears to have inherited the same Communication issues as the previous incumbents!!!

Perhaps it is because they have inherited some of the previous Board!!!

Hahaha
what is the point

There is no doubt that Nade will probably miss the whole of pre-season but one thing is for sure he won't be played until he's fit!

Brian is a physio, he's not going to risk further injuring a player by playing them when they're not fit!
would that be the same Brian that made McManus play whilst no where near fit?

DPH
Hahaha
what is the point

would that be the same Brian that made McManus play whilst no where near fit?

Brian McNeill would appear to be the man who has pulled this whole deal together and is what gives me (a lifelong EF supporter) a bit of cautious optimism in this affair. He was articulate throughout the meeting last week and spoke sense when questions were diverted in his direction. He has also intervened in this forum in a level headed manner in the past when allegations were being thrown about in relation to the running of the youth teams.
IF this whole episode results in East Fife Football Club returning to the control of people that we can put our trust in then I will be forever indebted to Brian McNeill.

I was impressed with lee Murray.

Brian's role as DoF will be very demanding. If the playing side is successful, he''ll have earned the praise. If not, the I think Brian will be the first port of call for the frustrated support.

Beachboy
King Kebab

Not being funny but if there was a position for a communications official I would say give it to Hahaha as he has more or less been doing the job for the last few weeks.

King Kebab
Beachboy

Actually smartarse, I am on holiday this week and would be willing and able to put out the information that is so craved, but in your pathetic effort to divert this thread with your “ I’m a real fan and you're no, don't rock the boat, you should sit in the dark and be happy to be fed shite" lickspittle type post, you are avoiding the real issue here, that is that it appears that the New Board appears to have inherited the same Communication issues as the previous incumbents!!!

Perhaps it is because they have inherited some of the previous Board!!!

What do you want KK? A board hot line to your dedicated mobile?

Cwm Rhondda

What do you want KK? A board hot line to your dedicated mobile?

No, I don't need that at all because, believe it or not, it turns out that the Club actually possess this thing called an “Official Club Website" (I know, I couldn't believe it either!!!), this new-fangled gadget can apparently can be used for sharing important and breaking news and events happening on a day to day basis at the Club!!!

This could be news the Club can share with their main stakeholders and perhaps more importantly their supporters, this could be news such as upcoming events such as the Open Day or perhaps even the signing of players!!!

What do you think??? Think it’ll catch on!!!