Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
When does pre season training start?

Any info? I see a few teams will be starting theirs over the next week or two.

Re: When does pre season training start?

I reckon the best guess would be, when we actually have some players to train!!!!

Cones? check
Bibs? check
Funny-sized goalposts? check
Players? Oh, fuck!

The poor Pre-season last year contributed to a poor season and a lack of quality right through the team, this was compounded by Billy Brown doing nothing to sort it in January.

So far this Pre-season is as much a shambles if not more so than last. I would Say that Stonie is our only signed player as that has been confirmed by him. People are saying Nade has signed but not seen anything official.

The board have delivered a lot of good sound bites for the press but we need to see some positive action on the playing front. If we can't compete wage wise with other PT teams why bother having FT players? Having two or three semi decent FT players isn't going to be any good if we sign mediocre PT players. The whole situation is confusing and to he honest gets more worrying.

I've been told stoney has a friendly away to Alloa on July 6th!

Good news we play Alloa away on the 6th of July

Ef
I've been told stoney has a friendly away to Alloa on July 6th!

Surely it's only fair that he's put on the Full time wage list if he's the only player we've got???

Stoney's a versatile sort of guy, has a good engine and gets around the park so i'm confident he can get a result against Alloa.

and we might have a not quite fit yet Nade on the bench?

Spirit of the Mound

No I don't think so, they said he wouldn't be rushed back, I'm afraid Stoney might just have to do it himself!!!

King Kebab
Spirit of the Mound

No I don't think so, they said he wouldn't be rushed back, I'm afraid Stoney might just have to do it himself!!!

"we all dream of team of stoney's, a team o stoney's, a team o stoney's na na na...."

official song for this season