Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Longest since last meeting between two Scottish clubs

This is a thread that was running on PnB!!!

We don't have any records going for us, I think Aberdeen might have a couple as there are a couple of teams they haven't played since the 1920's, obviously we haven't played Celtic for nearly 30 years, but I think the fact that we have basically played everybody since the turn of the Century says a lot for our Excellent Cup tradition!!!

East Fife

2012-13 - Queen of the South, Forfar Athletic, Stenhousmuir, Alloa Athletic, Ayr Utd., Arbroath, Brechin City, Stranraer, Albion Rovers, Peterhead, Berwick Rangers, Cowdenbeath, Rangers, Elgin City

2011-12 - Montrose, Stirling Albion, Airdrie Utd, Falkirk, Dunfermline Athletic, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, East Stirlingshire, Dumbarton

2010-11 - Livingston, Raith Rovers

2009-10 - Clyde

2008-09 - Queens Park,

2007-08 - St. Mirren

2006-07 - St. Johnstone, Ross County

2003-04 - Hamilton Academical, Greenock Morton,

2002-03 - Motherwell

2001-02 - Partick Thistle,

1999-00 - Heart of Midlothian

1998-99 - Inverness CT

1996-97 - Dundee

1990-91 - Dundee Utd.

1989-90 - Hibernian

1983-84 - Celtic

So any of the bottom 5 in the cups this coming season will do me and of course keeping our fingers crossed for that first ever game against Annan Athletic!!!

Re: Longest since last meeting between two Scottish clubs

And before anybody says anything, it's only League and Cup games that count, so no friendlies!!!

As a side note,I have never seen EF playing Celtic at Celtic Park,when did that last happen?

3rd November 1973. We lost 4-2 to the tic at Parkhead. Jim Hamilton and Kevin Hegarty scored for us.

That's great work KK.

Can we have a list of league matches only? I think you will find that the last meetings with the likes of the Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hibs will be 40 years ago. Even the Motherwells of this world will be nearly 30 years ago and will be a truer reflection of our relative position in the great scheme of things.

Digressing for a moment, I remember a bit about the 4-2 defeat at Parkhead. I think we lost two goals in each half, on both occasions within a couple of minutes of each other. In the last twenty minutes, we scored both our goals and I seem to remember that we hit the post with the ball trundling along the line. I enjoyed watching the Celtic fans getting increasingly upset by our spirited performance.

David Baxter
Digressing for a moment, I remember a bit about the 4-2 defeat at Parkhead. I think we lost two goals in each half, on both occasions within a couple of minutes of each other. In the last twenty minutes, we scored both our goals and I seem to remember that we hit the post with the ball trundling along the line. I enjoyed watching the Celtic fans getting increasingly upset by our spirited performance.

Celtic's goals were scored in the 6th, 11th, 65th and 67th minutes with Hamilton scoring in 77 minutes and substitute Hegarty in 87 minutes. Our previous away game was a 1-0 win at Ibrox but our home form was atrocious that season, winning just three games and drawing twice.

Yes it was our shocking home form that relegated us. Away from home we were as good as most teams in the top half of the league. We had a great season the year before and should have kicked on from there (talk of European football at Bayview in the summer!) but that dismal home form and the sacking of Pat Quinn among other things meant that it was a frustrating season all round.