Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gary thom

Has signed a one year contract

Re: Gary thom

No disrespect to Gary Thom but he was released by a lower Third Division club after a season where he often didn't get a game, and when he did he managed to get sent off a fair few times.

I'd love him to prove me wrong and be brilliant for us but is anyone else alarmed by the level of ambition this signing seems to imply?

Its often said by people in football that if you want promotion you need to fill your team with players from the lower end of the league above you. The clubs official position seems to be that they want to stay up this season, I'm not sure that taking guys who've been freed from clubs at the bottom half of the division below will be the way to achieve that.

There's been a lot of huge talk from the club, but reality seems to be kicking in now.

Arnie
No disrespect to Gary Thom but he was released by a lower Third Division club after a season where he often didn't get a game, and when he did he managed to get sent off a fair few times.

I'd love him to prove me wrong and be brilliant for us but is anyone else alarmed by the level of ambition this signing seems to imply?

Its often said by people in football that if you want promotion you need to fill your team with players from the lower end of the league above you. The clubs official position seems to be that they want to stay up this season, I'm not sure that taking guys who've been freed from clubs at the bottom half of the division below will be the way to achieve that.

There's been a lot of huge talk from the club, but reality seems to be kicking in now.

Here we fuckin go!. You know nothing of the players history at his previous club from a behind the scenes perceptive. Why do people like you come on and poison this site with negativity and Pish trying to deramp the new beginning at the club? Ffs come on! if there is one thing I hate about East Fife it's pricks like you. Get behind the new regime and give them your support and trust if not go and follow someone else. Rant Over!!

Count to 10
Arnie

Here we fuckin go!. You know nothing of the players history at his previous club from a behind the scenes perceptive. Why do people like you come on and poison this site with negativity and Pish trying to deramp the new beginning at the club? Ffs come on! if there is one thing I hate about East Fife it's pricks like you. Get behind the new regime and give them your support and trust if not go and follow someone else. Rant Over!!
Well said

Must same I'm pretty concerned about next season. Players being announced as signed/signing at the meeting have not materialised. Michael Brown on Twitter has announced he won't beat the club next season and is clearly unhappy and rightly so that he was announced as signed. He also states the club are now claiming he turned the contract down but he wasn't offered the contract in the first place. Not the way a player with 5 years service should be treated. I thought the new Board would herald a new beginning with openness and honesty but obviously things have not really changed. Really disappointed. All the best to Brooooooooonyy ! The Board obviously feel we are well covered with Stoney and Gary Thom !!

Welcome to Bayview Gary, get used to the negative comments from football keyboard experts on here. All the best for the season

Ps. Arnie, can you comment on the guys playing ability once you've actually seen him play

He will do good for us hope we get his pal Mark Ferry as well

how anyone can slate a player who has not yet pulled on an east jersey is beyond me.
give the guy a chance he could turn out to be a good signing for us.
you cant judge players on how they were at other teams especially when its a team that did not do that well. was it all his fault. I don't think so.

we have signed players from better teams and it has not worked we have also signed players from teams below us and they have done well.

welcome to east fife gary.

It must be true, it was on the Official website!!!

Welcome to Bayview Gary, hope you do well!!!

That's one then, at least 10 more to go!!!

King Kebab
It must be true, it was on the Official website!!!

Welcome to Bayview Gary, hope you do well!!!

That's one then, at least 10 more to go!!!

Thats fucked your countdown clock KK

No it hasn't, the countdown continues till we have enough players to field a team!!!

The sooner it happens the better though!!!

King Kebab
No it hasn't, the countdown continues till we have enough players to field a team!!!

The sooner it happens the better though!!!

Think you'll find we have the youth's, who'll be in the 1st team this coming season!
Maybe if you got your arse away from internet forums and actually watched the reserves last season then you'll know we have SIGNED players,Your countdown may look good to other fans but actually shows your ignorance to your own team.

Think you will find that the youths will be making up the remainder of the squad once we do finally get the players that the management wants resigned and targets that he wants successfully registered!!!

Think your determination to prove a point is showing up your own ignorance of the Board/management teams plans!!!

Don't get me wrong if even two or three of these youths over the course of this season become regular first team picks then IMO the overall plan will have been a suces!!!

you state we don't have enough players to field a team. my answer is we do....I don't know what audience your trying to play to on these forums, its like your trying to show East fife up as some kind of joke, have some patience King Kebab,i'm sure Mr Aitchison will have players in place by the next few days

kenwit
you state we don't have enough players to field a team. my answer is we do....I don't know what audience your trying to play to on these forums, its like your trying to show East fife up as some kind of joke, have some patience King Kebab,i'm sure Mr Aitchison will have players in place by the next few days

Yes we do, if you want to destroy any potential these kids may have, do you seriously think we could field a team of under-19s in the Scottish 2nd Division and not suffer severe consequences???

We both know that is not the plan the NB have for East Fife, these kids will work within the squad and be bleed in slowly and gradually around a nucleus of experienced professionals, I and the majority of the Fans are just waiting for them to arrive!!!

I don’t play to anyone on these Forums, kenwit, I dance to the beat of my own drum. Do not mistake what I do as an attack or an attempt to show East Fife up as some kind of joke, I can assure you that is something I would never, ever do!!!