Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
M. Brown

It appears as though Broonie hasn't signed on for next year going by his twitter '@Michaelbrown79: Thanks to everyone that supported me at #EFFC In the 5 years I was there. It's a shame I won't be there next season. Made some good friends.'. Shame, I always thought Brown was a solid keeper for us, can think of a lot of points he's saved us compared to point he's lost us. All the best Broonie

Re: M. Brown

We were told that Michael Brown had signed but he has confirmed on various social media avenues that he has left.

Anyone else starting to hear alarm bells ringing?

The only players who appear to have definitely signed for EF are: Gary Thom and Stoney.
Is that correct?

Is it true he's leaveing I heard he was going to Stranraer ?

Pissed aff that Broony has left. It's a bit of a shambles really.

absolutely gutted that brooney is away. a great keeper for us and fantastic servant to the club.

all the best brooney

after being kept out the team by 2 loan keepers then maybe he wasn't guaranteed the No1 jersey for this season.
Bring in Rab Douglas

CALM DOWN ALL, question is will his replacement be better than him? I appreciate your loyalty to last season’s players but remember the team we had were in the relegation play offs! He is moving to Stranraer, enough said.

Rab Douglas? NO THANKS.

Would much rather have Craig Gordon instead of Rab Douglas

Concerned
We were told that Michael Brown had signed but he has confirmed on various social media avenues that he has left.

Anyone else starting to hear alarm bells ringing?

The only players who appear to have definitely signed for EF are: Gary Thom and Stoney.
Is that correct?

Stoney has not signed yet. Has agreed to sign but, who knows that could change!
Got this from his twitter page.

Craig Gordon isn't a bad shout. Lee Murray mentioned something possibly "big" happening and with Aitchison having good contacts with hearts.

Unlikely but you never know

Halfpenny
Craig Gordon isn't a bad shout. Lee Murray mentioned something possibly "big" happening and with Aitchison having good contacts with hearts.

Unlikely but you never know

Craig Gordon may never play again because of an injury.

Ridgers.

Noisy crossbar
Ridgers.

Good call!

he put on facebook himselg that he has signed

Craig Gordon has probably ruled himself out of the revolution going by what he's been saying...

"Coaching can wait – I'm only 30, it's not as if I need to be diving into it now. I may look to go into a club sometime next season, but only if I feel it's going to be of benefit, and only when I'm ready. At some point, the sharpness and the quickness of movement will have to come into it – you can't do that stuff by yourself so I'll have to commit to that if I want to get back to any kind of level. That won't happen overnight, it will take weeks, maybe months – but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I've had calls to see if I'm available for next season, but until I know what state I'm in I don't want to go and let anybody down, sign as one of their keepers then not be able to play for a whole season. That's something that wouldn't weigh very well on my conscience. I'd rather wait and make sure I could contribute. I don't want to let myself down by going back too early, and going back just to earn some money is something that doesn't interest me at all."

Well, are we still disappointed in losing Michael? Jonny Stewart on the books.

broonie has signed for queens park