Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Novo

Holding talks with East Fife

Re: Novo

One of my most hated footballers ever! Badge kissed with the R**ers when he scored a hat trick (I think) against us at bayview!

Hahahahaha funniest post yet ....... Aftn comedy at its best

But we'd take him, right?!
He'd do until we got somebody decent!

Initial thoughts were that this was tongue in cheek publicity stunt.
It is, isn't it?! Come on now. Own up...

Fat Doug
One of my most hated footballers ever! Badge kissed with the R**ers when he scored a hat trick (I think) against us at bayview!

i hate Gareth Bale but i'd take him, he'd a be fantastic back-up if Stonie got injured ;-)

Heard about this last week, dont think we're chasing him believe it ot not he's chasing us!

Soc
But we'd take him, right?!
He'd do until we got somebody decent!

Initial thoughts were that this was tongue in cheek publicity stunt.
It is, isn't it?! Come on now. Own up...

Too right we'd take him!! In time I can forgive people! Currently hate him!

He could kiss his tattooes for all I care, get the deal done Lee but h.t.f can we afford it unless there's sponsorship involved!!

It's on STV, type 'Nacho Novo East Fife' into google.

I hate the wee rat b*stard

I for one will not be won round.
I hope it falls through.

East Fife are to hold talks with Nacho Novo over a return to Scotland for the forward.

The 34-year-old is a free agent after leaving Spanish side Huesca, his third club since quitting Rangers in 2010.

Novo, who has also played for Sporting Gijon and Legia Warsaw since leaving Ibrox, had expressed an interest in returning to the Glasgow club but could now come up against them in the Second Division.

STV understands discussions are due to take place between the player and the ambitious third tier side later this week.

The Spaniard first came to Scotland in 2001, joining Raith Rovers from Huesca.

A move to Dundee followed, where he scored 34 in 87 appearances before moving on for a six year spell with Rangers.

He netted 71 times for the club in 253 games across four years before returning home to join Sporting Gijon.

East Fife, who are under new ownership, have already moved to sign Brechin duo Michael Andrews and Jonathan Stewart, as well as securing last season's club player of the year Craig Johnstone.

Former Hearts forward Christian Nade is expected to be unveiled as an East Fife player later this week.

Little rat of a person,I for one am in two minds whether this is a good move or not.Have spent so long loathing this little ratbag that it will be very difficult for me seeing him in the Black and Gold.

Some people are beyond help, who cares what you think of him as a person! He would obviously would be a brilliant signing for East Fife & we would be a better team with him, I for one hope it goes ahead & will be the latest in what will hopefully be a summer of exciting additions to the club.

I'd be the first to put my hand up and admit that I lost faith in this club last season but we have a chance to start again, get behind the board & give them the chance to make this club good again!

So if it does happen, welcome to East Fife Nacho

Vambo
Little rat of a person,I for one am in two minds whether this is a good move or not.Have spent so long loathing this little ratbag that it will be very difficult for me seeing him in the Black and Gold.

Grow up FFS.

I'm more than happy to have a player of this calibre playing for us. We are going to have a very young team on the whole so experienced quality players like this will be essential for the squad.

Anyone know the Darren Dods situation?

Vambo

So you know him personally then?. I dont care what his history is, if he bangs in 20 goals? He will do for me.

What is it with u guys. You whinged for the past 4 years (and more) Now we have a new board who are trying to build a squad for the 1st division and whats your comment??

God almighty, what did the fife do to deserve fans like you.

Ex Raith and Rangers. Bit of an embarrassing CV to say the least.

He'd better be decent.

if he does a job for us that's all that matters

The Dude
Vambo

Grow up FFS.

I'm more than happy to have a player of this calibre playing for us. We are going to have a very young team on the whole so experienced quality players like this will be essential for the squad.

Away and fuck yourself Dude,I hate this little fucker and have said I would find it difficult seeing him in the Black and Gold.I have not said he shouldnt be signing or that I wouldnt be happy if scored every game.Read the post I am just stating I dont like the cunt,the last time I felt like this is when Ramsay signed for us a few years ago...obnoxious little cunts

Fat Doug

So he kissed his badge after scoring a hat-trick. Wow, nobody has ever done that before. The cad!

I don't care if he dropped his pants, scratched his bollocks and had a wank in front of the wives of the directors so long as he can notch a few goals and get us in the top half of the table.

Vambo
The Dude
Vambo

Grow up FFS.

Away and fuck yourself Dude,I hate this little fucker and have said I would find it difficult seeing him in the Black and Gold.I have not said he shouldnt be signing or that I wouldnt be happy if scored every game.Read the post I am just stating I dont like the cunt,the last time I felt like this is when Ramsay signed for us a few years ago...obnoxious little cunts

What exactly do you find obnoxious about him mate? Has he nicked your bird or something?

Grim Reaper
Fat Doug

So he kissed his badge after scoring a hat-trick. Wow, nobody has ever done that before. The cad!

I don't care if he dropped his pants, scratched his bollocks and had a wank in front of the wives of the directors so long as he can notch a few goals and get us in the top half of the table.

Oh GR, you are awful!!

Brilliant. Best laugh today for me.

Fat Doug

No hat-trick, only 2 goals - Shaun Dennis scored the other, although Novo's winner was in the last minute.
I had a dose of the Tex Ritters that night and spent the entire first half on the khasi under the stand, missing EF's 2 goals (nothing to do with your pies I hasten to add). By the time my guts had emptied it was half time and I was 50/50 for going home, but thankfully stayed.
Novo divided opinion among the Linos - many saw him as a typical wee foreign badge-kisser, but most were happy to overlook it given the 20 plus goals he scored in a rank rotten Rovers team which was relegated that season.

Saw it on Sky sports news. Would be a good signing imo, plenty of experience and youths could learn from him.

Really don’t understand some of the Anti-Novo stuff on this thread!!!

Yes, I remember when he played for Wraith and yes, he was a wee shite!!!

Yes, I remember when he played for Dundee and yes, he was a wee shite!!!

Yes, I remember when he played for Rangers and yes, he was a wee shite!!!

But I’ll bet you if you asked any Wraith, Dundee or Rangers Fans what they thought of him, they would tell you he was a good professional who always gave 100% and scored a shitload of goals and that they all loved him and that hey didn't give a fuck what any other team's fans said, he did the business for them and he was their wee shite!!!

If the rumours are true and if they are, firstly I think the Board should be congratulated for such a forward and bold move, whether he becomes our wee shite or not, the publicity is putting us on the map and is perhaps making us a more attractive proposition to future signings!!!

He is a goalscorer, the papers will pay attention to him and therefore us, I’m pretty sure he can still cut it in the 2nd Division as I’m pretty sure the Segunda División B is better than what we are in, it’s all win-win as far as I can see!!!

And the people that are bring up the fact he played for Rangers as an excuse for either hating him or not wanting him are only giving grist to Lee Murray’s thought mill that all East fife Fan’s support a Big Scottish Team, if you know what I mean???

Great post KK.

Novo is a guy I've hated when he plays against us or elsewhere but as soon as he pulls on an East Fife jersey it's a different story. He's one of us now.

I'll have a wee word with Kenny Miller and see if I can tempt him to Bayview instead of heading to Ibrox at the end of the MLS season as rumoured. Might want to play with his old team-mate!

King Kebab

But I’ll bet you if you asked any Wraith, Dundee or Rangers Fans what they thought of him, they would tell you he was a good professional who always gave 100% and scored a shitload of goals and that they all loved him and that he was their wee shite!!!

If the rumours are true and if they are, firstly I think the Board should be congratulated for such a forward and bold move, whether he becomes our wee shite or not, the publicity it putting us on the map and is perhaps making us a more attractive proposition to future signings!!!

He is a goalscorer, the papers will pay attention to him and therefore us, I’m pretty sure he can still cut it in the 2nd Division as I’m pretty sure the Segunda División B is better than what we are in, it’s all win-win as far as I can see!!!

And the people that are bring up the fact he played for Rangers as an excuse for either hating him or not wanting him are only giving grist to Lee Murray’s thought mill that all East fife Fan’s support a Big Scottish Team, if you know what I mean???

well said it's though some would be happy to ditch the Novo idea and re-sign the likes of Jamieson and Wardlaw.

GoF
Great post KK.

Novo is a guy I've hated when he plays against us or elsewhere but as soon as he pulls on an East Fife jersey it's a different story. He's one of us now.

I'll have a wee word with Kenny Miller and see if I can tempt him to Bayview instead of heading to Ibrox at the end of the MLS season as rumoured. Might want to play with his old team-mate!

Talk about a mindfuck for some people, they wouldn't know what to do, he played for Celtic and Rangers didn't he???

Miller's actually on top form right now. Like watching the Kenny of old. Check out these two crackers from our game on Saturday night (ignore the shit commentator if you can. He's awful).

cant believe anyone wouldn't want novo in our team. he has proven himself a goalscorer at spl level and the fact we are even talking about him in a fife jersey has to be a positive.

what do some fans on here want people who have not upset them (because they have put in good performances against us) or people they think are good guys in their opinion. novo may not be popular but he is a winner and any team has to want winners in it. there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. but to be honest if he comes and does a job for us I don't care if he is arrogant.

some posters moaned because we had signed no one now some of the same posters are moaning because we are signing players they don't like. get a grip ffs and get behind the team and the board who at least have got people talking about east fife in a positive way.

I cant remember being more excited for a season to start at least were having a go but some people are never happy

kceffc
cant believe anyone wouldn't want novo in our team. he has proven himself a goalscorer at spl level and the fact we are even talking about him in a fife jersey has to be a positive.

what do some fans on here want people who have not upset them (because they have put in good performances against us) or people they think are good guys in their opinion. novo may not be popular but he is a winner and any team has to want winners in it. there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. but to be honest if he comes and does a job for us I don't care if he is arrogant.

some posters moaned because we had signed no one now some of the same posters are moaning because we are signing players they don't like. get a grip ffs and get behind the team and the board who at least have got people talking about east fife in a positive way.

I cant remember being more excited for a season to start at least were having a go but some people are never happy

Says the man that was one of the biggest moaners on here last season

so your moaning about my moaning. nice one.

I have never slagged a signing because I don't like him. I give every signing the same chance if they put effort in and give 100 % that is enough for me.

my moaning as you put it was mostly about the old board and manager and I stand by that. this is a forum and is about opinions whats yours again ?

Be interesting to see how this develops...must confess not one of my favourites in the past but as alluded too above if he does sign (which I doubt but quietly hoping he does) as soon as he walks out for the Fife i will support him.
Got to say this is building up to be one mind fook of a season!

King Kebab

But I’ll bet you if you asked any Wraith, Dundee or Rangers Fans what they thought of him, they would tell you he was a good professional who always gave 100% and scored a shitload of goals and that they all loved him and that hey didn't give a fuck what any other team's fans said, he did the business for them and he was their wee shite!!!

If the rumours are true and if they are, firstly I think the Board should be congratulated for such a forward and bold move, whether he becomes our wee shite or not, the publicity is putting us on the map and is perhaps making us a more attractive proposition to future signings!!!

Totally agree. Pisses me off that some folk hate him because he used to play for Celtic or Raith. We have been through utter shite over the years and the current situation at East Fife is a breath of fresh air.

Nacho Novo playing for East Fife??? Bring it on!

Tam
King Kebab

Totally agree. Pisses me off that some folk hate him because he used to play for Celtic or Raith. We have been through utter shite over the years and the current situation at East Fife is a breath of fresh air.

Nacho Novo playing for East Fife??? Bring it on!

*Cough* Rangers *Cough*

I got some pretty reliable info last night at bayview (Thurs 20th) that Novo was holding talks with the board at Agenda in Leven ! Hope this goes through

kenwit

so much for those sveco fans that wanted him back at Ibrox a couple of months ago its just a pitty the guy didnt have a carrer with the Lino lickers and then played for rangers and threw his fist up at most of the east fife fans at eep when he scored past Willie McCulloch, lucky then disappeared

Monday 24th signed cert. Come on Fife

Fifer
Monday 24th signed cert. Come on Fife

what country is cert from? And what position does he play?

think certs a dead sert ;-) BTW.............

He's to good for shit like you lot.

Cambuslang Fifer
kenwit

so much for those sveco fans that wanted him back at Ibrox a couple of months ago its just a pitty the guy didnt have a carrer with the Lino lickers and then played for rangers and threw his fist up at most of the east fife fans at eep when he scored past Willie McCulloch, lucky then disappeared

Wow, the guy played for Raith and rangers, whilst at rangers he celebrated a goal in the league cup.

You need to grow up mate, or stick to "paradise park" as you call it.

Candy crush
Cambuslang Fifer
kenwit

Wow, the guy played for Raith and rangers, whilst at rangers he celebrated a goal in the league cup.

You need to grow up mate, or stick to "paradise park" as you call it.

Lee you have to realise you don't have to be a Tim to hate the Huns.

What happened to the supposed official announcement being made yesterday about Novo.Any of the posters who said this was happening like to back it up with some facts.
Too many sweetiewifes on here.

Hohoho
What happened to the supposed official announcement being made yesterday about Novo.Any of the posters who said this was happening like to back it up with some facts.
Too many sweetiewifes on here. [/quote

was on here - not to many sweetiewives at all .

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/east-fife/229814-east-fife-to-hold-signing-talks-with-former-rangers-forward-nacho-novo/

Not talking about that,Courier says Lee Murray distanced himself from any chances of getting Novo.
Its the posters on this and other threads that said the announcement would be made yesterday regarding his signing.
Like i said,sweetiewifes.

Oh ok , i heard today that christian nade will not be signing either . might be just gossip tho .