Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Board

Does anyone know exactly who is on the Board at present, and if (as I suspect) there are still a fair few from the Collumbine era, when they are likely to get the heave-ho? It isn't very clear just how much of a "new" Board we have and the club website is certainly no help in working this out.

Re: Board

Why do you want to see these board members get the heave-ho? A board of directors is no different from other groups of people in that they are all different personalities. How do you know that they haven't had a hand in getting the old board disbanded, so that a new beginning could be had?

Besides, what has it got to do with you? It is entirely up to the owners of the club, surely? What is it with some people that are always wanting to see other people get sacked, or whatever?

Jimbo
Why do you want to see these board members get the heave-ho?

Because they are the living dead, and a die-hard Rangers fan has done more for the club in five minutes than the old board achieved in five years.

move on up
Jimbo

Because they are the living dead, and a die-hard Rangers fan has done more for the club in five minutes than the old board achieved in five years.

I would wait to see who we get before you give the new chairman plaudits . Mcbride , Thom, Stewart , are hardly big players and are average 2nd or even 3rd division players at best

move on up
Jimbo

Aye, and the self-same Rangers die-hard, also decided that these are directors he wants on the board! So what do you say to that? Also, how many games have we won so far in that 5 minutes?

Jimbo
move on up
Jimbo

Aye, and the self-same Rangers die-hard, also decided that these are directors he wants on the board! So what do you say to that? Also, how many games have we won so far in that 5 minutes?

Grow up. The biggest and potentially the most exciting thing that's happened to this club for years and you're whining like a five year old.

Has it ever occurred to you that the man just wants to inject some life into a community that he grew up in and lives in?

Bette Noir
Has it ever occurred to you that the man just wants to inject some life into a community that he grew up in and lives in?

Local businessman invests money in local football club shock. How dare he! He should made to profess his undying love for East Fife (in blood preferably) before he can do that and be able to recite the cup winning team of 1938 backwards and underwater before being let anywhere near Bayview.

Bette Noir

Hey guys, I'm on your side here. I am over the moon about what is happening at Bayview, but to have a go at directors who have remained, is out of order. I am saying that Lee is wanting these guys, so why is someone posting on here that he has made a bad decision effectively?

The same guy who posted that is saying that the new board have done more in 5 minutes, than the old board did in the last 5 years, well that is obviously just a load of crap. The old board got us a league winning team and we are still in the 2nd division, so why have a go at the directors that are still at the club?

These directors are part of what is happening now, are they not?

Aye Jimbo. Agree with you here.
If you get rid of everybody then you lose the corporate knowledge built up over mamy many years.
And even though some of the boys still in position can be a pain in the arse somtimes they have a lot to give the club.
I am delighted how Lee Murray has conducted his business so far.

Jimbo, sit down and shut up. Do you have the money to invest? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I hate negative posts at this stage.

Fifer
Jimbo, sit down and shut up. Do you have the money to invest? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I hate negative posts at this stage.

Actually yes, but not enough to make much of an impact unfortunately. I hope it would help somewhat though.

Oh, and ... you shut up!