Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mbu??

Was on twitter checking out who the fife follow nd they have recently added joe mbu not sure if he has signed for stenny but they have been starting to follow all new signings so maybe he is a new signing

Re: Mbu??

He is a free agent.

He would make a good signing for any second division side after guiding Cowden to 1st Division, a player that we should be looking at to bring to bayview and if Campbell does decide to re-signs on for the club. He and him would make the best centre-back pairing for sure but its up to the club and lee to bring their players on who they want at east fife.

Cambuslang Fifer
He would make a good signing for any second division side after guiding Cowden to 1st Division, a player that we should be looking at to bring to bayview and if Campbell does decide to re-signs on for the club. He and him would make the best centre-back pairing for sure but its up to the club and lee to bring their players on who they want at east fife.

Have you seen Dutot play that you know they will be the best pairing?

Cambuslang Fifer

What's your second language?

Nope, i havent got a clue untill i see him play then i will decided. I will have faith in dutot and Thom as they are East Fife players and for us' supporters we need to back these players and see what they can do or offer.
I have saw Mbu play for Cowden and saw what he can do, something we lacked most games last season was a most consinsent, focus and well organisied centre-back in the team. Most goals were also lost at defending corners and hopefully we get this one right this time round. So Mon The Fife!

Why would you want to know that, Jack? its not like am out the country that was a bit random comment to ask but ohwell

Cambuslang i also seen Mbu play for cowdung but that was a few seasons ago and the games against us were food and drink to any half-decent centre-half, he strolled through the games as we aimed punt after punt up to his head. Not saying he's a bad player but judging on the games against us is hard to go with unless you've watched home in other games.
I still think we need an experienced spine through the team but i trust the manager to rectify this problem

joe mbu signed for the fife tonight.

Cambuslang Fifer
Nope, i havent got a clue untill i see him play then i will decided. I will have faith in dutot and Thom as they are East Fife players and for us' supporters we need to back these players and see what they can do or offer.
I have saw Mbu play for Cowden and saw what he can do, something we lacked most games last season was a most consinsent, focus and well organisied centre-back in the team. Most goals were also lost at defending corners and hopefully we get this one right this time round. So Mon The Fife!

Why would you want to know that, Jack? its not like am out the country that was a bit random comment to ask but ohwell

I saw Wardlaw and Mcquade play for Cowden and thought they were outstanding.

I saw yardley play for east fife and he was terrible.

Noisy crossbar
I saw yardley play for east fife and he was terrible.
Better watchout he might ask for his Telstar record back. What would the Fife play then to run out to?

Utoga Fine Time to Leave Me Lucille

Stenny fans don't seem to rate him. Hope he does well for us.

Stenny fans know jack shit about anything as befits a puny wee club that has done nothing and never will. Actually we are in the middle of the Stenhousemuir golden age right now, the middle of Division 2. They have never had it so good.
Tossers.

Right, who's next?

so did I. was he in goals or centre forward??? A real utility player!!!!!

Grim Reaper
Stenny fans know jack shit about anything

true and still hang onto Gemmell for another season, did Mbu play any games at stenny last season or do they actually not rate a player thats played in fife?