Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Durie/Campbell/McManus/Gormley

Hello from Bulgaria
My understanding that the club offered contracts to the above players.
Since then I have seen or heard nothing.
Anyone any info.

Generally I would have expected more signings to have been announced by this time.
Good also to read that more than 200 Season Tickets have been purchased.Perhaps an announcement of a "big" signing might stimulate more ticket purchases.

Re: Durie/Campbell/McManus/Gormley

According to the EF Mail talks with players from last season are still ongoing or haven't even started yet due to holidays etc, presumably that includes some or all of the above.

Squad looking a bit shallow in terms of numbers and quality I feel. No sign of any 'marquee' signings as yet....

Isn't the plan 10 youths plus 12 more experienced players? If so not too many more slots to fill - just 3 more if the above quartet sign up.

its 8 youths and 4 from east fife ladies team

Scott Durie has just put on his Twitter that he has signed on for next season.

We need to sign 4 or 5 quality players and quickly if we're going to have any chance of staying up.

Just signed Ryan Stewart from Brechin City - ex Hearts youth.

Forgive me for being slightly worried but we've basically got a weaker version of last seasons poor squad, with a few released players for division 2 and 3

It seems to have gone very quiet on the Togo centre half, the Portuguese under 21 international, the French League 1 player. Anyone any news on whether these players are signing or not ?

Has Nade signed?

Glad Durie has signed.
What about Campbell / McManus and Gormley?

Durie has signed , not sure about Gormley hope he stays as I think he will do well if he gets a run of games he is quick and sharp. Mcmanus has been released. Dont know whats going on with Campbell but I hope we get him signed up been one of our best players over the past 3 seasons. Why have we signed Gary Thom who got released from a 3rd Division club ??????????????

dont know where you get your info jim d, mcmanus has not been released, he has been offered a new contract. but like all the other players the clubs offer is pish, just like the treatment he got last year. FACT.

Getting Campbell to sign should have been a priority for the new manager.
The strategy which is proposed of blending youth players with experience is fine if the balance is correct and the quality of both is good enough. I am seriously concerned tab out the quality of the new signings, the lack of evidence that the youth players are ready and the loss of a player of Darren Smith's experience. I do hope That my fears prove to be wrong.

jim d
Durie has signed , not sure about Gormley hope he stays as I think he will do well if he gets a run of games he is quick and sharp. Mcmanus has been released. Dont know whats going on with Campbell but I hope we get him signed up been one of our best players over the past 3 seasons. Why have we signed Gary Thom who got released from a 3rd Division club ??????????????

Don't know about Gormley but I do know McManus has not been released and is going in for pre season. I'm not too bothered about Gormley hardly saw enough to stay he should stay and as for McManus would be glad if he signed and good a good pre season behind him and stay injury free. We are looking very weak so far and I think we will struggle with who we have brought in.

Correct fat Sam he has not been released and has to go in for pre-season training with the rest of the squad. I also heard he has to take wage cut and like all the other players who got offerd deals will move else where. No wonder players a leaving when the full time players are getting the part time players money. This is going to be a long season and I'm not a happy so far with the squad.

Fat Sam
jim d

Don't know about Gormley but I do know McManus has not been released and is going in for pre season. I'm not too bothered about Gormley hardly saw enough to stay he should stay and as for McManus would be glad if he signed and good a good pre season behind him and stay injury free. We are looking very weak so far and I think we will struggle with who we have brought in.

P.s you could do with fixing your words lol

I don't think the season is going to be as good as what we all hoped. Something tells me that we have got the management wrong again I don't know why but I'm not happy at who we have signed. I think this is all a publicity stunt to get us all to get season tickets. The new manager has no experience at any level and by the looks of things no one wants to come and play or for eastfifefc bar boys who got released from clubs. We have signed a player who is injured and needs an operation and is the size of 2 armand one's. this to me shows that he is going for the old pals act. We are also trying to sign players who have went passed there sell by date in Dodd , Andrews, novo. I don't think it will be that long before we are calling for a new manager.

Have to agree with you there but let's hope we are both proved wrong

Hey Mady !! how many usernames are you using ??....I make it at least 4 .....

Mady. We have signed a player who is injured and needs an operation and is the size of 2 armand one's. this to me shows that he is going for the old pals act. We are also trying to sign players who have went passed there sell by date in Dodd , Andrews, novo. I don't think it will be that long before we are calling for a new manager.[/quote

Who is the injured player?

Dods and Novo would do a job so I disagree. Just my opinion...

What evidence do u have that we are looking at Andrews?

Too many high profile managers have joined in the past and failed big time...nothing to lose bringing in an unknown, again my opinion.

Think next week is make or break to mellow the wrath of the moaners who sadly look for any opportunity to crucify players, managers, board members. What makes even more unbelievable is that the majority of the aforementioned are new and have not been given a chance to prove themselves.

McManus won't be here for pre-season. He's away to Forfar.

steve campbell has signed

Plenty time to go before season starts. If we can avoid relegation next season I would be happy. Think most of us Inc me read too much into the hype when Lee took over. Hope we can have a decent season and u never know, we might surprise a few. Bring on the pars.

Tall Fifer
McManus won't be here for pre-season. He's away to Forfar.

That's not what I heard? I spoke to him the day up at kdy retail park and he said he doesn't know what he is doing next year but said he will make his mind up next week so doubt he has signed for Forfar .

wee c

Excellent news if true. Best defender we had from last seasons squad.

wee c

It's true, confirmed on official site.

Absolutely delighted that Stevie has re-signed.Really hope that both McManus and Gormley follow suit.

It must have been hard for last years players to have been offered lesser terms than last year and to still be willing to play for the club.

The new Board have also the problem of coming up with a solution to increasing the capacity of the ground.There will be a cost involved-hence a reason for a cut in player costs,perhaps.

Like others I am concerned about the lack of experience within the squad but at the same really looking forward to the season ahead.

McManus to sign for Forfar tonight.

Ef
McManus to sign for Forfar tonight.

For me, Mcmanus is welcome to go. He's past his best now and signing for Forfar would surprise me. 3rd Division striker these days.

Terracing Now!
wee c

Nothing on the official site about this that I can see.

Kings of Fife
Terracing Now!
wee c

See EF twitter.
East Fife FC @EastFifeFC
East Fife are delighted to announce that Steven Campbell has signed with the club for the 2013/14 season.

Could do now with some forwards signing.

sammy
Kings of Fife
Terracing Now!
wee c

See EF twitter.
East Fife FC @EastFifeFC
East Fife are delighted to announce that Steven Campbell has signed with the club for the 2013/14 season.

Surely we should make an attempt to re-sign Ryan Wallace on a full time contract? Don't see why not to be honest.

sammy
Absolutely delighted that Stevie has re-signed.Really hope that both McManus and Gormley follow suit.

It must have been hard for last years players to have been offered lesser terms than last year and to still be willing to play for the club.

The new Board have also the problem of coming up with a solution to increasing the capacity of the ground.There will be a cost involved-hence a reason for a cut in player costs,perhaps.

Like others I am concerned about the lack of experience within the squad but at the same really looking forward to the season ahead.

To fund the full time contracts it would have been necessary to reduce the part time wages. It's a bit of a high risk strategy, I'd imagine that an enhanced bonus structure will be in place to make up for the reduction. The main objective will be to consolidate our position in the second division and begin to bring through players from the youth system. We are going to have to be patient.

effc
sammy
Kings of Fife
Terracing Now!
wee c

See EF twitter.
East Fife FC @EastFifeFC

Surely we should make an attempt to re-sign Ryan Wallace on a full time contract? Don't see why not to be honest.

I believe he signed a two year contract with Dunfermline last year so there is still a year of that to run.

If I win the euro millions tonight we can sign as many full-time players as we like,as long as dh is kicked off the board.

With Gormley having signed a 1 year full-time contract,I suggest that getting 3 out of 4 of the above players is not a bad return.Time will tell whether Paul McManus comes back to haunt us.

With Gormley now being full-time , can someone list who the other full timers are.

I feel that the squad is now taking shape but like other supporters , would prefer more experienced players being signed in both midfield and forward positions. Perhaps there may be Trialists playing to morrow.?

Full timers are...

Michael Andrews.
Johnny Stewart
Ryan Stewart.
Paul Willis
Alexis Dutot
Kevin Nade
Liam Gormley

Part time are

Scott McBride
Craig Johnstone
Scott Durie
Gary Thom
Steven Campbell
Joseph Mbu
and the kids.

I thought the kids were full-time? Won't be able to do much full-time training with just seven.