Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Signings

Nade signed and Dutot???? not even Google's heard of him yet Lol...anyone any info on him?

Re: New Signings

kenwit
Nade signed and Dutot???? not even Google's heard of him yet Lol...anyone any info on him?

Ha I did exactly the same thing, right on google to try find out about them. Loading up football manager now to try to get some info.

Think his first name is Alexis, played in the French 2nd/3rd division I think. A defender if I have the right guy

westcoastfifer
kenwit

Ha I did exactly the same thing, right on google to try find out about them. Loading up football manager now to try to get some info.

update: Kevin Nade...Not Christian

still he looks like a beast tho , can only find him to have played 2 seasons in Cyprus 2nd and 1st div ....anything else ?? Is he even re-lated to Christian ?

English lower leagues too, Ebbsfleet I think

So will Christian sign too.. Or has it always been Kevin?

Looks like the 2 of them and Christian are all friends on facebook, so one pack deal maybe ?? will help them all settle in anyway.... Looks like Alexis dutot has a lot of promise,....

hope it happens for him

i'm trying to stay positive here and welcome all the new players ,should be a fit young team but starting to worry that we could do with a few older heads in the team, i'm sure the manager knows that though and hopefully a few will follow

Fifer Jay
Think his first name is Alexis, played in the French 2nd/3rd division I think. A defender if I have the right guy

FC Rouen.....I think?

French not my strong suit but yeah, formerly FC Rouen, after some twitter digging :/

I think he was at Motherwell for a short spell - but who knows!!!

Scott Durie
Graig Johnstone
Scott McBride
Ross Brown
Kevin Nade---Alki Larnaca F.C.
Ryan Stewart---Brechin ex Hearts
Alexis Dutot---Rouen (France)
Jonny Stewart---Brechin ex Dundee and Hearts
Gary Thom---Stenny and Stirling Albion
Michael Andrews---Brechin

Bolstered by some of our up and coming youngsters.

So who is full time and who is part time? I can see why Lee Murray said he would be delighted with 7th. Roll on start of season.

Paul Willis now confirmed as one of the full timers. Good grief.

Its like a much worse version of last seasons failures.

Hope that is a wind up. Willis did not deliver last year and was a waste of £450/wk

Thought once he was moved more centrally Paul Willis was one of our better players.Hard to assess where we are but certainly need at least another 2 quality players.

Who is Dutot? Has he had a trial? Has he been scouted? All a bit strange.

dougie hope
he looks like a beast tho

What definition of beast are you using ........ Immense physical specimen sort of beast or operation yew tree type of beast?

kenwit
i'm trying to stay positive here and welcome all the new players ,should be a fit young team but starting to worry that we could do with a few older heads in the team, i'm sure the manager knows that though and hopefully a few will follow

Agreed. We need 2 or3 older pros preferably with good Division 1 experience. Any update on Darren Dods, is it Forfar or us?

Can`t believe we are wasting a full time wage on Willis,god awful player,very disappointed season ticket holder here!

Delighted that Paul Willis is staying. An experienced central midfielder needed now to play alongside him.

Thought Willis was outstanding towards the end of last season.

Happy willis has signed always try's to play football.

My goodness Willis he can't tackle, can't header, has one foot, selfish, lazy , a legend in his own mind and full time wages.

Get aff his back Martin u twat stop yer moaning n support the team...

martin black
My goodness Willis he can't tackle, can't header, has one foot, selfish, lazy , a legend in his own mind and full time wages.

This club has a long history of fans getting on the back of guys who try to play a bit of football. Seems some prefer players that run around like headless chickens to no great effect, who can get stuck in, make reckless, crunching tackles, hoof the ball up the park and then get sent off to actual footballers.

There is now a new regime, new manager and a new era at the club. Willis to me has something about him and this could be the making of him. As said above can we give the lad a break please and get behind the team. Or is that just too much ask?

martin black

Willis is one of the player from last year that I am glad we retained.Gave his all for the team last season and Im sure he will do a good job for us in the coming season.Pity some of the players from last season didnt give as much as this loan did.

Last season we suffered in the middle of the park as we often had three of the midfield 4 who were rarely making and winning challenges. Barr, Willis and McBride were decent going forward when we had the ball but not so good when it came to the defensive stuff. With Willis and McBride now resigned I hope the management have two ball winners for the middle of the park or we could struggle again. Hopefully still a few signings to come.

Penpal
Scott Durie
Graig Johnstone
Scott McBride
Ross Brown

Thats a pretty decent side building up ahead of the new season and Willis playing in the middle, we just need a back-up keeper, few more attackers...hopefully Shagger and Gormley put pen to paper soon or someone to add to Nade and few other areas strengthen with our youngsters. We will have a team to field! Mon the fife!

Cambuslang Fifer
Penpal
Scott Durie
Graig Johnstone
Scott McBride
Ross Brown

Thats a pretty decent side building up ahead of the new season and Willis playing in the middle, we just need a back-up keeper, few more attackers...hopefully Shagger and Gormley put pen to paper soon or someone to add to Nade and few other areas strengthen with our youngsters. We will have a team to field! Mon the fife!

Pretty decent?? Need a few quality players to add before that squad becomes pretty decent.

Is Christian nade signing or was it always kevin nade who was joining?

Welcome back Paul Willis. Delighted to see him back.

I want Campbell, Gormley plus 3 experienced players of decent quality, if not its going to be one long tough season... It's a wee while to go uet..Have confidence that the new board will deliver.

I agree get Campbell signed he has played in the 2nd division for a few seasons now and at a higher level previously , why is he not signed already ?? need a couple of more midfielders and a couple of more strikers. If the management thinks the young kids will do well in the 2nd division I truly think we will struggle big time. We need guys who have done it before in this league it is ok to put 1 or 2 young kids in but 3/4 is a masssive ask when none of them have any experience and are still maturing.

Lee Murray said he would be happy with 7th. Well by the looks of the team that is shaping up it will be a miracle if we get that far up the table. I hate to be negative but I have to put us as major relegation candidates.

Some of the optimism on here reminds of what happens before every Scotland world cup qualifying campaign to be honest.

This will be the hardest season we have faced in division two since we came up five years ago and its looking as though we will be fielding by far the weakness team that we have d ever done.

I'm very worried