Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AFTNometer

So, it's been one of the most interesting close-seasons in years. Are we on the verge of great things or is it all wind and bluster? Well,the long-term is what matters most I guess and time will tell how it all pans out but meantime what's the feeling for next season?

We thought we'd introduce the AFTNometer to measure opinion.

Just post what you think will be our finishing position in the league next season. Post as many times as you like over the coming weeks as things pan out. It might be interesting to see how this changes as signings are made (or not made), friendlies begin etc.

If I get round to it, I might tally up the average now and then so we can see the trend.

Right, whose first...

Re: AFTNometer

6th top. I'd be happy with that.

All bluster. 10th.

Toughest 2nd div in my lifetime. Hoping for experienced signings or could be a long season. I'd be happy with 8th.

7th would do me

I think we will finish 6th place . well I hope so

On the basis of our current signings/resigning a resounding 10th

It will take a lot of quality coming in now to make this squad anything other than cannon fodder.

Hard to say at this point, I'm excited but apprehensive. We definitely need 3 or 4 more experienced players with good 1st or 2nd Division credentials. If we can get those then I reckon a top half placing should not be beyond us.

Sitting on the fence then.

At the moment I would have to say 9th or 10th I'm afraid. Hopefully a few more good experienced players still to be added though yet.

After attending at most games last season, sometimes came away feeling we dropped points due to silly mistakes and our actual performance merited more.
Realistically mid table(6th)...hopefully playoff spot.

1st with a 100% record.

1st with a 97.22% record. We will lose at home to Stranraer.

Too early to predict. I`ll wait until we have a bigger squad as really can`t judge our finishing position with the players we have at present.

Third top

I think 4th will about right.

I think 4th will be about right.

Don't think anyone can predict at this juncture, all I will say is i think we need at least 3 experienced players to support the current squad that has been amassed..... Can't believe that there are so many punters on here crucifying the teams capability before a) the full squad is understood b) seeing what the new boys are capable of c) seeing a ball being kicked this season.

5th

6th hopefully

Not The Other Chairman
1st with a 97.22% record. We will lose at home to Stranraer.

Aye, forgot about that. AFTN will busy that week with "sack the board" threads and "I knew this would happen with a bunch of kids".

Can I just congratulate Tam and Mucky Sock on sticking their necks out and saying it like it is. FFS you post on a thread asking for your prediction and you say nothing. You two wait until April then jump in.

ill be happy with top 6

Not The Other Chairman
Can I just congratulate Tam and Mucky Sock on sticking their necks out and saying it like it is. FFS you post on a thread asking for your prediction and you say nothing. You two wait until April then jump in.

They're maybe waiting to see what colour shorts we're wearing.

AFTNometer Update

Average so far: 6th place

... or, for NTOC's benefit: 5.77th place

Hard work and optimism, and everyone pulling together, will see us finish in 5th place.
We'll pump the Pars at least twice!

I also feel that we lost more than we really desereved to last season. A few more experienced players and a shed load of confidence, we could make the playoffs. But I'll go for 5th. Get of the fence Mr muckysock!

Rangers
Dunfermline
Arbroath
Ayr United
East Fife
Airdrie
Brechin
Forfar
Stenhousemuir
Stranraer

Swap the places of Brechin and Dunfermline (who will really struggle I think) and that looks about right.

Paul Willis full time?

FFS!

Can only mean relegation.