Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Released players

Will the club confirm the list of players that have chosen not to re-sign or have been released?

So far Barr has signed for Brechin, Smith for Arbroath, Muir and Brown have left.What about White, Campbell, McManus, Samuel, Gormley, Sloan, McCormack etc

Re: Released players

As far as I know Campbell and McManus were offered terms but it was almost half of what they were on last season and both are weighing up their options elsewhere. Next season will be a disaster at this rate. So far we are weaker than last season and are taking a massive gamble with players untried at this level.

dave white has moved to bonnyrigg

DPH
As far as I know Campbell and McManus were offered terms but it was almost half of what they were on last season and both are weighing up their options elsewhere. Next season will be a disaster at this rate. So far we are weaker than last season and are taking a massive gamble with players untried at this level.

I have to agree with most of this. The idea of having full time players sounds great. Then we find out one is Paul Willis and the other is very inexperienced the idea falls on its arse. Another CB is a must wouldn't bother if it wasn't Campbell as I don't think he is that great. Yes he was good in play offs but against 3rd division oponents. However he has played more games than Dutot has in the French 4th Division. Also has Dodds gone to Forfar?

To be honest at the end of the season I wouldn't have said that McManus was worth another contract. Yes he was injured but I am not convinced that his legs haven't gone. If he doesn't get goals he doesn't contribute much else ( cue the he works hard brigade) as his passing and distribution is at times awful. But it could be a case of better the devil you know as Kevin Nade has hardly played any football and Christians stats suggest he can't buy a goal.

A lot of teams have started pre-season and we don't even have a squad. Will wait to see what happens this week, but if it's more obscure foreign players i will be even more concerned that this will be our Claude Anelka!

The club haven't been very good at keeping fans updated on this. Was there anything official on Barr moving to Brechin, or the Smith/Brown situations? Have the club even officially introduced the new manager to the supporters yet?

Also, are we in danger of having an "us and them" situation with the full time and part time players?

What is the point
DPH

I have to agree with most of this. The idea of having full time players sounds great. Then we find out one is Paul Willis and the other is very inexperienced the idea falls on its arse. Another CB is a must wouldn't bother if it wasn't Campbell as I don't think he is that great. Yes he was good in play offs but against 3rd division oponents. However he has played more games than Dutot has in the French 4th Division. Also has Dodds gone to Forfar?

To be honest at the end of the season I wouldn't have said that McManus was worth another contract. Yes he was injured but I am not convinced that his legs haven't gone. If he doesn't get goals he doesn't contribute much else ( cue the he works hard brigade) as his passing and distribution is at times awful. But it could be a case of better the devil you know as Kevin Nade has hardly played any football and Christians stats suggest he can't buy a goal.

A lot of teams have started pre-season and we don't even have a squad. Will wait to see what happens this week, but if it's more obscure foreign players i will be even more concerned that this will be our Claude Anelka!

Spot on. McManus is done and fingers crossed he finds another club. Willlis full time is a joke and a huge mistake. He'se3rd division at very best.
Something very wrong with that decision!

well all the football experts that come on and give their views. for the players concerned, ie shagger etc the best thing the players can do is come back with other clubs and shove it right up their arses.goodluck boys

Meaning that if Shagger, Campbell and the rest of the released players come back to Bayview with other clubs (if they are lucky enough to find a division 2 team) you'll be supporting them rather than East Fife?

That is just fucking perverse

Don Corleone
What is the point
DPH

Spot on. McManus is done and fingers crossed he finds another club. Willlis full time is a joke and a huge mistake. He'se3rd division at very best.

Something very wrong with that decision![/quote

Have you cunts ever played fitba? Not a got a clue or just that you wished you could play like Willis and shagger and like to bring players down

The new management's performance so far has certainly got the fans concerned.
"Figo" hasn't posted for 5 years so was obviously quite happy with last season's performance but is concerned about something which hasn't happened yet. I am also confused as to why he is not pleased at the Willis signing when he had no complaints through last season.
"Don Corleone's" concern was genuine - his first post for several years was five days earlier than Figo's.
"What is the point" decided in May that although he had nothing to complain about last season he could stay quiet no longer and just read what he came up with.
I am sure all three will continue to encourage EFFC throughout the season.
AFTN can have the same effect as rain.

p.s. this is a personal opinion etc etc

McManus is not done and will prove this next year . Will be with us for pre season and is looking forward to the new season

Not The Other Chairman
"Figo" hasn't posted for 5 years so was obviously quite happy with last season's performance but is concerned about something which hasn't happened yet. I am also confused as to why he is not pleased at the Willis signing when he had no complaints through last season.
"Don Corleone's" concern was genuine - his first post for several years was five days earlier than Figo's.
"What is the point" decided in May that although he had nothing to complain about last season he could stay quiet no longer and just read what he came up with.

Glad someone confirmed my "gut feeling something funny was going on"

Not The Other Chairman

Your right my post is a bit of a moan. And would love for everything to turn out as promised. Like every fan I want the best for the club.
Having FT players is step forward if these are guys who are proven to justify FT wages. A few clubs run with squads like this but the FT players are probably the best players at the club.
Believe it or not i am looking forward to this season.