Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gut feeling something strange going on

Club being run by new team had me excited. Until information about our new manager is gained I think we should be cautious. His past as a youth coach is apparently questionable. His working life has been as a taxi driver not a football man. This is what I am hearing. Can anyone put it straight, I get the feeling we may be sleep walking into disaster. Please if someone has knowledge of the manager please share it. Otherwise Eugine you need to find out please. I also hear that signing targets are giving him a wide berth. The Drinkle as no2 is the only thing which seems to contradict what I am hearing as surly he wouldn't play second fiddle to a bluffer

Re: Gut feeling something strange going on

Manager watch
Club being run by new team had me excited. Until information about our new manager is gained I think we should be cautious. His past as a youth coach is apparently questionable. His working life has been as a taxi driver not a football man. This is what I am hearing. Can anyone put it straight, I get the feeling we may be sleep walking into disaster. Please if someone has knowledge of the manager please share it. Otherwise Eugine you need to find out please. I also hear that signing targets are giving him a wide berth. The Drinkle as no2 is the only thing which seems to contradict what I am hearing as surly he wouldn't play second fiddle to a bluffer

It's obvious the players who have been offerd don't like the man because from what I've heard they didn't like his man management talk .

Yes I sense there is a lot of apprehension among supporters. And I think that will last until we see a full squad put together and more information on the manager, the coaching team etc is announced. I am right behind the new set-up, love the ambition shown and all the rest but getting a bit worried about the make-up of the squad and how it will all fit together. Maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily and should have more patience but the squad is too full of the unknown right now, is short on numbers and that concerns me.

No joke here youth team coach. Minibus driver to youth games more like lol. Suppose we will have to eat humble pie when nuno gomez and David beckham turn up at bayview

Nothing like giving the new management team a chance!

Ex Hearts Reserve and Youth coach. (It's all on the Internet numerous times if you search)

Hearts seemed to produce a decent group of youth players during his time and this would fit in with the new management teams philosophy.

But it's more fun for the keyboard warriors to post pish I suppose.

Kevin Drinkell has a reasonable pedigree as well so let's get behind them and be optimistic for once.

At least until we get pumped on the first day off season.

As pleased as I was to read the concerns of three new supporters on a previous thread it was nothing compared to the delight at reading the comments of a first time ever poster and new fan "Manager watch". I thought we had found someone close to the manager who could keep everyone in touch.
I was ecstatic when I read that Brian supported his views because I have respected Brian's opinion since he endearingly called me a fucking fud.
However I was brought back down to earth when I learned that MW has carried a grudge since failing several trials for a girl's team run by the new manager. MW apparently left in tears after being told he couldn't even play like a big girl.

He seems to have worked with hearts 7 year total, been promoted every couple of years till he held assistant manager position for 18 months... at a top 6 spl team?? c`mon what more can we want ?? get a grip !!!!

Also numerous ex Hearts youngsters seem to be signing for us so the man management cannot be that bad.

Totally true derby bro

FFS one of the signed players was captain u19`s in 2008 at hearts emmm that be same time when willie aitchison coached them ??

To the other chairman. He is getting a chance, with our club. So I think i and Brian are entitled to assess his credentials. Nae bother though if it doesn't work out we can always find a kit man from a SPL top six club to have a go. SPL top 6 ..... Lol

Bring on Dunfermline, lets see our super star line up blow them away. The only other thing that is keeping me from being really worried is that Scott Durie has signed, can't see Gordon not having a good dig around about him. So Willie we are behind you lets see what you can do

Jose Mourinho was a interpreter!
The first winner of Mastermind was a taxi driver!
Don't judge a book by it's cover!

We could go on but I think you get the jist........

dougie hope
He seems to have worked with hearts 7 year total, been promoted every couple of years till he held assistant manager position for 18 months... at a top 6 spl team?? c`mon what more can we want ?? get a grip !!!!

I don't know where you are getting your information dougie, but none of what you have written is true. It amazes me that stuff like this, once it is repeated enough times, is eventually passed off as "fact". Aitchison was at Hearts for a very short time. He was a taxi driver with a bit of non-league coaching experience who Csaba Laszlo befriended, and he helped out with the youth team at Hearts. He was never appointed reserve team coach, and never in your life was he assistant manager of the Hearts first team. He might have been Laszlo's personal assistant, driving him around town and keeping him company, but he was never his No2 in football terms. He disappeared when Laszlo was removed. Laszlo was only at Hearts for two years.
Our new MD was quoted two weeks ago as saying that Aitchison has come to East Fife for more than he could have got elsewhere. That was a strange thing to say, because Willie has not worked in senior football since his pal left Hearts in 2010. He has very little experience of senior football, and no one has been banging his door down to employ him.
Whoever started this thread was right to raise these points. Some might mock, but they would do better to take heed, because some of them only betray their own ignorance by having a go at the person who is asking legitimate questions about the surprise new manager.

Manager watch

Of course you and Brian are entitled to assess his credentials but all you have produced is either hearsay or you have made it up. To make it worse Brian follows on like a collie dog with his assessment - two lines based on something he has heard.
Do you really think that is an assessment ?

Not The Other Chairman
Manager watch

Of course you and Brian are entitled to assess his credentials but all you have produced is either hearsay or you have made it up. To make it worse Brian follows on like a collie dog with his assessment - two lines based on something he has heard.
Do you really think that is an assessment ?
What I am talking about are facts. Kool story Bro

watching
dougie hope

I don't know where you are getting your information dougie, but none of what you have written is true. It amazes me that stuff like this, once it is repeated enough times, is eventually passed off as "fact". Aitchison was at Hearts for a very short time. He was a taxi driver with a bit of non-league coaching experience who Csaba Laszlo befriended, and he helped out with the youth team at Hearts. He was never appointed reserve team coach, and never in your life was he assistant manager of the Hearts first team. He might have been Laszlo's personal assistant, driving him around town and keeping him company, but he was never his No2 in football terms. He disappeared when Laszlo was removed. Laszlo was only at Hearts for two years.
Our new MD was quoted two weeks ago as saying that Aitchison has come to East Fife for more than he could have got elsewhere. That was a strange thing to say, because Willie has not worked in senior football since his pal left Hearts in 2010. He has very little experience of senior football, and no one has been banging his door down to employ him.
Whoever started this thread was right to raise these points. Some might mock, but they would do better to take heed, because some of them only betray their own ignorance by having a go at the person who is asking legitimate questions about the surprise new manager.

I think most of us with any sense have a right to be concerned.
There has been so many inaccuracies thrown around from the new board set up, which has led to more pish being spouted on here!
The proof lies undoubtedly in the pudding and as per usual (and rightly so) this new regime will be judged on results.
I hope it works, and until the new season kicks off we will just have to wait and see what transpires.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/59020-hearts-xi-v-dunduee-utd-xi-at-riccarton-today/
11 October 2009 willie aitchison replaced dave cowan as reserve team coach moving up from u14`s at tynecastle

Hi willie get off your own balls.