Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
new people

The cost before becoming public, in trying to buy any football team is considerable. Mr. Murray and Co. have come in, not to lose money, but certainly not to make it! Their motives would seem to be totally altruistic and I applaud them without reservation.
We are a small club who, just about, could be a top first division club with occasional forays into the Prem. Wouldn't that be great!!!!!
There are as many opinions about what we should do as there are fans.....so lets join together for the whole season and give the people who have put their money up front, our total support
At the first game of the season, it would be wonderful if we could all stand up and applaud the board for what they are trying to do.
Childish yes..........but Fife till I die

Re: new people

Well said, not childish at all. What would be great is fans coming out in numbers.The publicity over the last few weeks has been phenomenal so attendances should be up but no guarantee. let's hope , eh.

loins girder
The cost before becoming public, in trying to buy any football team is considerable. Mr. Murray and Co. have come in, not to lose money, but certainly not to make it! Their motives would seem to be totally altruistic and I applaud them without reservation.
We are a small club who, just about, could be a top first division club with occasional forays into the Prem. Wouldn't that be great!!!!!
There are as many opinions about what we should do as there are fans.....so lets join together for the whole season and give the people who have put their money up front, our total support
At the first game of the season, it would be wonderful if we could all stand up and applaud the board for what they are trying to do.

I am cautiously optimistic. I like what you tho. The new folks have my backing too.

Mon the Fife!

loins girder

Well said. Hope we get decent crowds next season. Murray and Co obviously have a plan and good luck to them. Bring on the new season. Mon the Fife.

Kerriann
I am cautiously optimistic. I like what you tho. The new folks have my backing too.

Mon the Fife!

I concur, I like what you tho too!!!

This has been the most eagerly awaited start to a season in a long time!!!