Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
squad so far...

Goalkeeper - Andrews

Defenders - Campbell, Dutot, Thom, Durie, Stoney

Midfielders - R Stewart, J Stewart, R Brown, P Willis, S McBride

Strikers - K Nade

Anyone missed out? Is Kevin Nade the brother of Christian Nade? Has Christian Nade signed?

Re: squad so far...

It all seems to have went quiet with the potential signings Bouzid and Christian Nade. I would imagine pre season training will be under way soon and the squad at the moment does look weak.
The players that have signed however will get my backing.

Would love for us to sign that Portugese Zezinando Gomes fella, as well. Seen a few clips of him on Youtube and looks a handy little midfielder. Would make an excellent replacement for Darren Smith.

Wikipedia states East Fife as Christian Nade's present club but unsure how reliable that site is

From the official site:

The Club is pleased to announce the following signings to date ;

Michael Andrews – (23) GK Paul Willis - (21) Mid

Connor Shaw – (19) GK promoted from U/20s Scott McBride – (21) Mid

Gary Thom - (23) Def. Ryan Stewart – (19) Mid

Craig Johnstone - (28) Def. Ross Brown – (19) Mid. Promoted from

U/20s

Alexis Dutot – (21) Def. Kevin Nade – (19) - forward

Scott Durie – (19) Def. Daryl Falconer – (17) from U/19s

Stevie Campbell – ( 26) Def.

Johnny Stewart – (22) Def/Mid.

Stevie Campbell must feel ANCIENT at 26 years old.

Average age 21 , i think

At the moment the squad looks REALLY weak. We need more experience players. We virtually have nothing up front

anxious
At the moment the squad looks REALLY weak. We need more experience players. We virtually have nothing up front

I agree, but have patience, we are building a squad here, not just a starting 11 for this Saturday!!!

There are still 34 days to go and the players mentioned may be enough to give us that starting 11 but we don’t even have a full accompaniment for the bench and don’t even mention the fact that we haven’t even filled our “Full-Time Contract” allocation yet!!!

I’m pretty sure that there is more to come with hopefully even some Marquee signings on the horizon!!!

I'm hoping we can still bring in a couple of experienced players who will help us stay in div 2 next season. Squad looks weak at moment but will have my full backing nonetheless. Plenty time.

King Kebab
I’m pretty sure that there is more to come with hopefully even some Marquee signings on the horizon!!!

We're signing another French player, De Sade I think his name is.. from what I've heard, he's brutal.

Dear Soc, that post is going to fly over so many heads!!!!

Auld Geezer
Dear Soc, that post is going to fly over so many heads!!!!

Is Scott Durie only 19?? I thought he'd been with us for a few seasons now?

think he's 21

Soc
King Kebab

We're signing another French player, De Sade I think his name is.. from what I've heard, he's brutal.

The old ones are the best ones.

Glad some folk get my "humour"!

kenwit
think he's 21

Yep..he's 21. He is 22 in November

So in between the ouzo's from my holiday address, what's the score on the Novo man and also Nade? Do we have any striker signed up? Otherwise I fear a goal drought.

Folks, we need to calm it with the shouts re the dearth of forwards in the squad. I am sure Willie, Kevin and Lee are are well aware and the spaces will be filled by at least 2 full time contracts. News tomorrow on this I think.

Just saw hislop at Edinburgh airport and he is on his way to bayview to sign a full time deal.

Also the boy Mackie that was at Aberdeen.

Noisy crossbar
Just saw hislop at Edinburgh airport and he is on his way to bayview to sign a full time deal.

Also the boy Mackie that was at Aberdeen.
Is that supposed to be funny?

Hislop scored hunners last season. Given the right service I'm sure he could do a job for us.

Is it true Stevie Nicholas will return for his 18th spell? Free lipstick was part of the deal too.

I saw kevin Byers talking to Lee Murray in the adult shop in the high street yesterday. #midfielddynamo

Byers signing for Star Hearts

Noisy crossbar
Hislop scored hunners last season. Given the right service I'm sure he could do a job for us.
He was gash last time round so very much doubt it. According to twitter more signings will be announced soon and with rumoured wages being paid I wouldn't be surprised if he did sign.

I haven't seen quite a few of these players in the squad play so I really can't comment on their abilities. On paper it certainly requires some strengthening so I'm looking forward to seeing who the promised new signings will be. I do feel we need some guys with decent 1st or 2nd division pedigree as that experience will be needed in such a young squad.

I herd that Blackburn rovers have released portugal striker Nuno Gomez, can we get his services now

Whats happened to Collin Samuel re-signing for the club after losing Shagger to the tractor boys up north? his experience upfront would be ideal dont you think and his neat ball control would be someone we need to keep.

Cambuslang Fifer
I herd that Blackburn rovers have released portugal striker Nuno Gomez, can we get his services now

Whats happened to Collin Samuel re-signing for the club after losing Shagger to the tractor boys up north? his experience upfront would be ideal dont you think and his neat ball control would be someone we need to keep.

Did you actually believe we were going to sign Nuno Gomez haha!

New players announced over the weekend according to the Courier/East Fife telephone ringing off the hook with player offers

28 June 2013 4.56pm.
Nacho Novo has been linked with East Fife.SNS
East Fife boss Willie Aitchison has maintained the Bayview club will not live beyond their means, despite being inundated by players offering their services.

The Fifers have been linked with a catalogue of players in the past three weeks, starting with former Hearts forward Christian Nade, who is still expected to sign for the Methil outfit, ranging right through to the likes of former Rangers striker Nacho Novo, who is rumoured to be on the lookout for a club in Scotland. Aitchison is, however, well aware of the club’s budget.

Comparisons with the rise and fall at Gretna have been dismissed by all those involved with the Fifers and Aitchison insists incoming players must be the “right fit” for East Fife and their situation.

“There are players who are in the juniors, seniors, Premier League, First Division etc who are not getting contracts with their clubs and are looking to change direction, so the phone is constantly going,” Aitchison said.

“We’re speaking to players all the time and it’s a real compliment to Lee Murray and what he’s doing that some of the bigger-names are being talked about.

“Myself and Kevin (Drinkell, his assistant) are just trying to bring in players who will suit East Fife and the budget we have. We need players that are going to do specific things and play in certain positions.

“We’ve got 14 signed players in the squad at the moment and we’re very happy with those, although we want to maybe add a few things and a bit of experience.”

At least two more signings are expected to be confirmed over the weekend, as the targets in question are understood to be still on holiday.

Meanwhile, midfielder Robert Sloan has opted to move to the junior ranks with Bo’ness United following his release from East Fife at the end of last season.

I like what the gaffer is saying. I do wonder though, why are we now only linked with Christian Nade when we were told he'd signed at the SC meeting.

Its a NEWSPAPER get a grip! its just like the rest, ive seen the guy who writes the sport section, guy doesnt look like he even likes football!

MiniFifer
ive seen the guy who writes the sport section, guy doesnt look like he even likes football!

Too many ppl read into all the bullshit in newspapers and what they read on here. Our wage bill was ridiculously high last season and we couldn't sustain it on such poor crowds, Lee has seen this and has rightly cut wage bill. If we remain debt free and have a club to support with an honest chairman who cares about club and supporters then I'm happy. It's a new era, and will take time to get right. We need to get behind new board, management and players in what will be a long hard season. Fingers crossed we can maximise revenue and get temporary seating in to accommodate all the local gloryhunting bigots who will be hoping to see there team for 1st time.

spoke to nade the day he says he has not signed yet but will sign.
can only assume we will not sign him till he proves his fitness.
has to be a good thing us waiting till he proves his fitness.

Come east fife get singing players last singed was June the 20 can we not sing joe MBU and Andy kirk

I want to but I can't

Colin
Come east fife get singing players last singed was June the 20 can we not sing joe MBU and Andy kirk

Kirk signed for Alloa

Colin

We haven't had a singing player since James Allan.

Nades shorts
Colin

We haven't had a singing player since James Allan.

maybe we can sing/sign Ray Charles again

Colin

I think our last singed player was Willie Burns (ouch).

Sorry meant sign not sing we have not signed no one since June the 20th

Wasn`t it when the legend that is Davie Clarke played with a back 5 and it was then known as the Dave Clarke Five.

I`ll get my coat.....

Jim Butter does a great Elvis impersonaton.

Wee Bobby Linn tried to sing for us once.

Watchin Brazil v Spain! any o these guys out of contract????????????? only asking!!!!!!!!!!!

I notice that on the Official Site the Squad list obviously hasn't been updated with the new signings yet, no pictures obviously, Jim C. must be on an other SAGA Cruise, but all the players who have left have been taken down and all the players who have re-signed are still up, Campbell, Stoney etc, I couldn't help but Notice that Liam Gormley's pic and info is still there, does this mean he has also re-signed???

Also the young keeper Collier is still there as I know the other young keeper Conner Shaw was promoted to the Ist Team Squad along with Brown and Falconer???

Just wondering like!!!

Paul Willis has confirmed today that he's now signed his contract. One year, full-time.

First game on Saturday but do we have any forwards signed?

Think we are going to be going with a Craig Levein formation this season...6-4-0

Isn't Kevin Nade a striker?

We had the lo****** now we have the concernies so anticipating that we may have a full squad by the time the league starts how about some real concerns for the concernies.
Quantity of corner flags ?
Quantity of seats with numbers missing ?
Shortage of players with a Z in their surname ?

It's a worry !

And then there was the bories.

Which are you? Hmmmm

Joe Mbu confirmed tonight ......a good signature that one

Could almost be a football chant....
I'd rather be a borie than a concernie

Not The Other Chairman

Yes, but lets face it...

You are boring.

Fookie Nell
Not The Other Chairman

Yes, but lets face it...

You are boring.

Naw, the concernie's are the boring ones, just because they are concernie's. They just keep on thinking of things tae be concerned aboot, fae wan day tae the next.

Fookie Nell
Not The Other Chairman

Yes, but lets face it...

You are boring.

Yes.