Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ramsdens Cup Draw

Forfar away for us. Not exactly anything wondrous.

Re: Ramsdens Cup Draw

That's just about as bad as it gets. A trip to poxy wee same division rivals, shite crowd and nae money to be made. Only a visit to Stair Park would have been worse

Full list of the ties, for those interested

NORTH/EAST SECTION

Formartine United v East Stirlingshire
Stenhousemuir v Arbroath
Forfar Athletic v East Fife
Elgin City v Montrose
Cowdenbeath v Dunfermline Athletic
Peterhead v Brechin City
Alloa Athletic v Dundee
Raith Rovers v Stirling Albion

SOUTH/WEST SECTION

Annan Athletic v Morton
Berwick Rangers v Livingston
Queen's Park v Ayr United
Queen of the South v Spartans or Threave Rovers
Albion Rovers v Rangers
Clyde v Falkirk
Stranraer v Dumbarton
Airdrieonians v Hamilton Academical

DATE FOR TIES - SATURDAY 27th JULY, 2013

Agreed Grim. Even a trip to a run of the mill 1st division side, or a 3rd would have been better. A trip to a mid table team we'll play four times this season is a bit dull. But c'est la vie. Hopefully we can make a run of it.

Yeah boring game away to Forfar but good luck to east fife will miss it be in Blackpool for my 21st brithday

No a fan o this cup, waste o time, unless u get to final.

me thinks forfar will hump yous pissey fifers

dicky boy
me thinks forfar will hump yous pissey fifers

Me thinks you're an iron.

Two shocks on the card with formantine utd beating east stirlingshire and berwick still holding onto a 1-0 lead v livingston interesting.
I would avoid elgin in next round though if we win and avoid a repeat of last season scottish cup humaliation that we took even though its a new team.

Morton losing to Annan as well!!!

Stranrear and formantine are through beaten dumbarton and shires, big result for them today. Thought stirling would have forced extra time when their equaliser came in but raith won 2-1, lucky.
And there's full time whistle we are out we turn our attensions to morton at home next Saturday then dunfermline leauge now hopefully we will have the bouzins back and dutot for them. Glad buchanan scored his first for the club I hope there's more to come.

CF - never lucky. Super Joe (no longer a townie) Cardle put the Bino's to the sword with a wonderful last minute strike. Shame you hams are out so early as I'm sure you would have loved the chance to rectify the 25+ years of hurt.

Levenmouth Rover
CF - never lucky. Super Joe (no longer a townie) Cardle put the Bino's to the sword with a wonderful last minute strike. Shame you hams are out so early as I'm sure you would have loved the chance to rectify the 25+ years of hurt.

yeah pity the referee was against you and they nearly forced extra time so i say lucky result and to score the winner in 90th min, you will still need to get past the next round and still very good teams like Elgin City.

Aye at least some of the shite teams are out eh!