Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Thank you Robert Sloan

Robert a big thank you for all your efforts for the fife. It is noted that you always gave 100% for the shirt and did the job often nobody wants thanks again hope all goes well with new club

Re: Thank you Robert Sloan

Couldn't agree more!
He obviously didn't fit with BB, but he would have been one of the first names on my team sheet!

The part he played in that win at Aberdeen and that cool goal he scored that night will never be forgotten. Great left foot, quality player, good luck Sloany!

Well said. Thank you Sloanie for your time with The Fife although a sub a lot the dedication was always there. Ill never forget that night at Pittodrie. Good luck for the future.

Couldn't agree more, I still feel he was never given a fair crack of the whip, remember two seasons ago after a period on the bench his goals got us into a late chance of a play-off place and he couldn't be left out, perhaps injuries played a part but even at the start of last season, especially the first game at Alloa, I felt we could have/should have been looking at building our midfield around him. Him and Smith would have been one of the best pairings in the Division!!!

Anyway for whatever reason it didn't work out for him and I do wish him all the best, he's still too good a player to be going into the level he now is in!!!

Where is he now,as I thought he was a very good player when he was with us.

Back junior with Boness

All the best Sloan. Thought he was a cracking player on his day and could pick a pass. Good luck at new club.

All the best sloany. That night at pittordrie when you score and we went onto win was great and never be forgotten of you and I wish you good luck at your new club. I thought last season it didn't work out with the managers in and out and I thought you deserved more than be on the bench but good luck in joining hislop and white in bo'ness.