Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wolves' Subway Army

One of the best firms in England. They NEVER come in peace.

Re: Wolves' Subway Army

I'm sure the wolves fans that come to bayview will be decent football people who are proud of the club they represent.

Bette Noir

Idiot

Bette Noir

That's worthy of a ban surely?
Anyway they'll have a hard job getting to Methil on the subway.

I prefer McDonalds or Greggs.

If your paying greggs full prices when you can buy them frozen for the the price in Iceland, then this guy must be the idiot...

I don't have an oven

Noisy crossbar
I'm sure the wolves fans that come to bayview will be decent football people who are proud of the club they represent.

I hope so. Bad memories of Wolves

Kings of Fife
Bette Noir

Idiot

What is your problem? If you've got issues with me then next time I'm up come and tell me, I'll buy you a beer; life's too short for this unfriendly, nasty shit. I've realised it at my ripe old age so why don't you?

Wolves have some rotten fans, that's a fact. I'm sorry by pointing it out seems to have offended you. I really hope the idiots stay at home and decent fans turn up, I really do.

I'm more than sure the game will pass without incident. Will Wolves bring a decent support up? This will be my 1st game under new regime and I'm looking forward to it.

Bette Noir
Kings of Fife
Bette Noir

Idiot

What is your problem? If you've got issues with me then next time I'm up come and tell me, I'll buy you a beer; life's too short for this unfriendly, nasty shit. I've realised it at my ripe old age so why don't you?

Wolves have some rotten fans, that's a fact. I'm sorry by pointing it out seems to have offended you. I really hope the idiots stay at home and decent fans turn up, I really do.

Dont know who you are but I'm struggling to understand your glib use of the phrase "one of the BEST firms in England" if you're now saying you think they're idiots. Glorifying trouble makers, then distancing yourself from the trouble!

Bette Noir
Kings of Fife
Bette Noir

Idiot

My problem is you under various guises continually trying to bring English problems into Scottish lower division fitba.
There is no difficulty with race relations in Levenmouth, by and large we get on together. We also have no interest in "firms", whatever they are. We have local rivalries with other Fife teams and have a bit of mostly friendly banter with other supporters in our division.
In short stick your racism and "firms" up your arse.
We are not interested.

MiniFifer
If your paying greggs full prices when you can buy them frozen for the the price in Iceland, then this guy must be the idiot...

Glad your promoting my firm Mini

Kings of Fife
Bette Noir
Kings of Fife
Bette Noir

Idiot

My problem is you under various guises continually trying to bring English problems into Scottish lower division fitba.
There is no difficulty with race relations in Levenmouth, by and large we get on together. We also have no interest in "firms", whatever they are. We have local rivalries with other Fife teams and have a bit of mostly friendly banter with other supporters in our division.
In short stick your racism and "firms" up your arse.
We are not interested.

East Fife are playing Wolverhampton Wanderers so any 'English problems' as you call it, could be coming your way. What the fuck has 'race relations' got to do with it? Who brought that up? You did.

I was probably watching 'lower division' Scottish football before you were born so who the fuck are you to give me a lecture?

You are just looking for confrontation with me any opportunity you can get. I'm not interested in your pussy talk; just grow up.

If you think there's even a remote chance of trouble at this friendly you're living on a different planet.

Nades shorts
If you think there's even a remote chance of trouble at this friendly you're living on a different planet.

You're probably right; I'm realy, really, sorry I even mentioned it now.

I love this thread, funny as fek, just thinking of people getting all angry bashing at the keyboard. I've done it myself before but really I think AFTN for the new season should try to keep to the positive side of things. We need to give the new mob a chance, but keep them on their toes too as it will probably help them keep focused. Getting back to the thread, I was just imagining groups of blokes last night in some rough end pub in Wolverhampton working out which end of the road they should put a block in to trap the unsuspecting East Fife fans (well known for our crazy hooligan element throughout Europe) They will probably be concerned about the fact that the Burger crew may join forces with the concession casuals and trap them in a pincer movement right in front of the club shop. To be fair it is probably enough to put them off travelling, so I think we will be safe that day. The only hooligan I saw at bayview last season was some fanny who grabbed Cazza's mic and started being a gobshite for a few minutes.

Bette Noir
Nades shorts

Hey Bette Noir , I think most, even all people will not understand the difference between life in Fife compared to London . Don't take to much to heart , Fife is a totally unlike London mate , you have a different view on football matches and even life it's self . The comparison is like night and day , but people who have never been to London will NEVER understand . I understand, you only want to promote passion and support

BT
The only hooligan I saw at bayview last season was some fanny who grabbed Cazza's mic and started being a gobshite for a few minutes.

mr305
Bette Noir
Nades shorts

Hey Bette Noir , I think most, even all people will not understand the difference between life in Fife compared to London . Don't take to much to heart , Fife is a totally unlike London mate , you have a different view on football matches and even life it's self . The comparison is like night and day , but people who have never been to London will NEVER understand . I understand, you only want to promote passion and support

Thanks my friend.

mr305
Bette Noir
Nades shorts

Not quite how I would have phrased it but .........Yeah.
Totally different outlook on football and life in metropolitan London in my view.
I can see where Bette Noir was coming from and I suspect it was from a position of true Fife passion and nothing else.

You are Bette Noir AND Fadi though. You are both that guy Davitt from Luton.

Sometimes I despair Dave!

All very interesting but which director is Jocky ?

And more importantly! Did the Trust really land on the moon?

Fadi the Fifer
And more importantly! Did the Trust really land on the moon?

Probably before the Americans claimed to have done it!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I was on the moon failing to represent Trust members and not asking "the man" what he intended to do with his controlling interest of the moon.
There were no American astronauts on the moon but there was an American film crew and actors doing some sort of reconstruction.

Fascinating to hear all the banter about the impending invasion of the hordes from Wolverhampton. Without you knowing it, there’s been a Wolves fan in your midst for the past 40 years who’s followed the Methil Milan from places as far flung as Stranraer to Peterhead through thick and (mostly) thin. Apart from the weird accent, the boys from the Black Country are just like any Fifer; football daft and on the look-out for a decent pie and pint. Spare them a bit of sympathy as they’re having an even harder time than EFFC just now after the free-fall over the past two seasons. Who will I be supporting on the day? Let’s just say I’m looking forward to a fast open game and a high-scoring honourable draw.

Not The Other Chairman
I was on the moon failing to represent Trust members and not asking "the man" what he intended to do with his controlling interest of the moon.
There were no American astronauts on the moon but there was an American film crew and actors doing some sort of reconstruction.

Happy Wanderer
Fascinating to hear all the banter about the impending invasion of the hordes from Wolverhampton. Without you knowing it, there’s been a Wolves fan in your midst for the past 40 years who’s followed the Methil Milan from places as far flung as Stranraer to Peterhead through thick and (mostly) thin. Apart from the weird accent, the boys from the Black Country are just like any Fifer; football daft and on the look-out for a decent pie and pint. Spare them a bit of sympathy as they’re having an even harder time than EFFC just now after the free-fall over the past two seasons. Who will I be supporting on the day? Let’s just say I’m looking forward to a fast open game and a high-scoring honourable draw.

Like this post.

Dave
You are Bette Noir AND Fadi though. You are both that guy Davitt from Luton.

I don't live in Luton and I don't know who 'Fadi Fifer' is either. You carry on pal.

Happy Wanderer

Good to hear.

Pleased to report that other than a mild skirmish outside the Tower Bar and an episode in the "Fun" pub there were no major incidents to report yesterday. Rumours that the Lower Largo louts and the Young Windygates Posse were set to put aside a decade long rivalry to join forces and "meet" with the Subway Army on their arrival at Markinch Station proved unfounded.
I can however confirm that Bette Noir remains a tit.

Levenmouth Casual.
Pleased to report that other than a mild skirmish outside the Tower Bar and an episode in the "Fun" pub there were no major incidents to report yesterday. Rumours that the Lower Largo louts and the Young Windygates Posse were set to put aside a decade long rivalry to join forces and "meet" with the Subway Army on their arrival at Markinch Station proved unfounded.

Big tit!

Levenmouth Casual.

Iron

Fookie Nell
Levenmouth Casual.

Big tit!

Iron