Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Entrance Music

From East Fife's Twitter:

@EastFifeFC: Today's question to ponder: What music should the team run out to next season? Traditional Telstar or something new for the new era?

Re: Entrance Music

Telstar with some bad ass rapper mofo spitting lyrics from the east side ye'all.

Not sure but we must increase the tannoy volume at bayview, get the tunes pumping!!

Keep Telstar for coming out but the pre match tunes need improved greatly! Stuff which will get the crowd and team up for it!

Telstar!

Telstar for me!!

Telstar (oh by the way you lefties, it was Maggie's favourite track).

It's got to be Telstar.

HAS to be Telstar! But agree with other comments, volume needs cranking up and pre match and half time music needs to be greatly improved.

Could have some sort of signature song when we score too?

Think we covered this during the season and nothing changed!

Turning the volume up on that sound system will only increase the distortion. Better sound system required for a better sound.

k
Think we covered this during the season and nothing changed!

Fans were asked for suggestions, but few were actually given. I believe that there were different songs played as suggested by some fans, but unfortunately, they were no very guid! Oh for the 60's when it was eay for DJ's.

How about a guest DJ,Fans can put their name forward and play music of their own choice.
End of season prize to the best and worst song selection.

Bette Noir
Telstar (oh by the way you lefties, it was Maggie's favourite track).

What did she know about pop music? She thought little Richard was a posh way of describing a small penis.

Telstar is fucking pants, an imbarresing song for the younger generation. We need something hard and loud!

Metallica - Enter Sandman
Eminem - Till I Collapse
Limp Bizkit - My Way
Love Inc - Superstar

I'd prefer something like "Cecilia Ann" by The Pixies

http://youtu.be/WOn_80y8Peg

Mind you, Thunderstruck would be teckle

Telstar is shite and had it`s day. Something the wobbles the dentures of the old guys down the front! God i hate that tune with a passion.
New era, new tune!

Kasabian, Clubfoot!

Fookie Nell
Telstar is shite and had it`s day. Something the wobbles the dentures of the old guys down the front! God i hate that tune with a passion.
New era, new tune!

Kasabian, Clubfoot!

Pure shite! Telstar forever!

Nae harm in having different songs each week. Telstar is terrible. Wouldn't drop it all together but got the younger generation to think about aswell.

There might be no logical connection between East Fife and 'Telstar' (please enlighten me) but the fact that they've played it for so many years creates a connection.

We have no connection with 'Clubfoot' and in ten years time, we will think 'what is this poop?'

Can we not have 'To the East' by Electrelane?

Nazareths Hair of the dog

http://youtu.be/TVtJKErRBpI

awright song,but any cred they had collapsed after the new split wi SHY/DRS

Youngsters are talking bollocks; football themes are all about tradition.

You don't hear Forest fans moaning about the team coming out to 'Theme to Robin Hood'; Charlton Athletic and Bristol City's 'Red, Red, Robin'; Leicester City and Peterborough United coming out to 'Post Horn Gallop'; Everton and Watford Ballad of Johny Todd (aka Z Cars theme tune but actually a Liverpool folk song); Raith Rovers to YMCA; Norwich City have had the same song since 1904 ffs and they are proud as hell about it; Leeds United have stuck with a 70's record since Billy Bremner and co crooned on Top of the Pops. Crystal Palace fans love 'Glad all over' and wouldn't swop it for the world. Who doesn't know West Ham's 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' or Chelseas 'Liquidator' (as well as Wolves and West Brom)?

Man Utd still stick to Glory,glory Man Utd but Hibees changed from 'Glory Glory to The Hibees' to 'Sunshine on Leith but Hearts still retain the same song. I know Rangers have gone with 'Simply the Best' but I bet the fans prefer 'Penny Arcade'. I think Newcastle United made the best change ever to 'Going Home' by Dire Straits (and Aberdeen as well?)

In fact, the only team that I know that runs out to heavy metal is London Wasps - back in Black by AC/DC - and it is not to everyone's taste whether young or old. So you want to follow the example of a rugby team called London Wasps who don't even play in London? Yeah, good one.

Telstar has tradition and football has a lot to do with tradition. we are the only team in the world to use it other than FC Telstar - a Dutch lower league side.

I have 'Telstar' as my ring tone; great song, keep it I say.

Telstar played loudly is the only choice.. A mixture of music before and after the game would allow for different tastes to be catered for.

MiniFifer
Telstar is fucking pants, an imbarresing song for the younger generation. We need something hard and loud!

Eminem - Till I Collapse
Limp Bizkit - My Way
Love Inc - Superstar

Cmon M.F. We cant change our theme tune to suit every generation. Its not embarrassing, its just from the 60's. Everton run out to Z cars which is a Theme tune from a police drama based in Liverpool back in the 60's. Footballs about tradition, Telstar has been our tune since 1965 which is nearing 50 years, now that's tradition. If we changed to Eminem and some one said it was embarrassing 25 years from now, would you want it changed??

Although I don't want to ditch Telstar, I still like 'The boys are back in town' by Thin Lizzy. There was a time when we came out to this. Why did we change back to Telstar?

Was telstar played every game at the old bayview ? cant remember it myself ?

Fifey
MiniFifer

Eminem - Till I Collapse
Limp Bizkit - My Way
Love Inc - Superstar

Cmon M.F. We cant change our theme tune to suit every generation. Its not embarrassing, its just from the 60's. Everton run out to Z cars which is a Theme tune from a police drama based in Liverpool back in the 60's. Footballs about tradition, Telstar has been our tune since 1965 which is nearing 50 years, now that's tradition. If we changed to Eminem and some one said it was embarrassing 25 years from now, would you want it changed??

Not quite right; the Z Cars theme tune is in fact an old Liverpool folk song (see my earlier post). Agree with the tradition bit though.

Bette Noir
Fifey
MiniFifer

Eminem - Till I Collapse
Limp Bizkit - My Way
Love Inc - Superstar

Not quite right; the Z Cars theme tune is in fact an old Liverpool folk song (see my earlier post). Agree with the tradition bit though.

Didn't know that BN. Yes tradition is key. With the introduction of record players to the masses is when music started to be played over tannoys and run out tunes started to become standard. Before that it was pipe bands. In fact as a small boy i remember that East Fife always had a pipe band marching around the track before games and at half time. Would be a nice wee project to log which teams run out to what tunes and why??

Thunderstruck is used at Hearts

Why dont EFFC ask local bands to submit a demo of an anthemic,inspirational and motivational piece of music or a song.

It would also generate some good publicity

Are you an Idiot?, why the fuck would the club go out their way to organise a song with local bands when they can just think of one and put it on?

Sam sparrow its normal and we wear black and gold...problem solved.

MiniFifer
Are you an Idiot?, why the fuck would the club go out their way to organise a song with local bands when they can just think of one and put it on?

Are you a daftie? Why think of a song and change it from one that has been perfectly okay and loved by generations of supporters for almost 50 years? It's like saying, let's forget about the Scottish Cup & League Cup wins and replace it with the latest honour - winning the 3rd division - just because it happened more recently and has a better connection with the younger supporters!

MiniFifer

So I am idiot? Well let look at the benefits.

1) We would probably be the first club that has done this therefore we could maximize the publicity from it...and if handled correctly I am sure this would make the national news rather than just the local news.

2) As a community club it would raise interest from the community and just say the winning band or artist went on to make it big. e.g. if the proclaimers had written sunshine on leith for Hibs before they went on to make it big.

3) You could put the song entries on line and have people vote for the best. That would draw hundreds of people to the East Fife Website that would never normally visit it.

4) You could have a club event where the top 3 or more perform their entries live and the winner is announced on the night. This would create income for the club and publicity. You may also get TV new coverage of the event.

5) Families love x factor, the voice etc, I am sure the East of Fife would embrace this and it would give lots of local talent the chance to write something specific to East Fife. It may also lead to collaborations e.g. some people on this website could offer to team up with a local band and write the lyrics.

This doesn't have to be forever the prize only needs to be for one season.

Finally if I am an idiot you must be a total Fvckwit if you can’t see the potential in this for increasing publicity, generating community interest in the club generating much needed income.

BTW I love Telstar ....it is classic and synonymous with East Fife

For the moaners we could have "that don't impress me much" by shenia twain.

I'm funny as fuck like.

Noisy crossbar

I'm funny as fuck like.

Naw... yer no!

Get Telstar tae f@ck , dated pish , i fear it will remain tho Why don't we ask the players to have a say in this ? The song that will get them UP for games ? NEW BAYVIEW , NEW BOARD . I know tradition will be at SOME fans heart but i just don't like it . sorry !!!!!!!!!!

MiniFifer

That's it Mini - hearts and minds

Not The Other Chairman
MiniFifer

That's it Mini - hearts and minds

Well named - mini brain & mind

I like Telstar but open to change at HT. Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare For The Common Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0OLWgrr671g

You Fat Bastard , just to welcome Willie Grey back.

kenwit
I like Telstar but open to change at HT. Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare For The Common Man

Nah. I've heard other clubs using that, we need to keep the uniqueness of Telstar. I wonder though if there are other more up to date versions out there? Keep the original for the start of the game and use a variation for the 2nd half?

mr305
Get Telstar tae f@ck , dated pish , i fear it will remain tho Why don't we ask the players to have a say in this ? The song that will get them UP for games ? NEW BAYVIEW , NEW BOARD . I know tradition will be at SOME fans heart but i just don't like it . sorry !!!!!!!!!!

Will that be the same players whose heads you'll be calling for after a few games if result don't go well? Then we would have a new song chosen by players who have only been in the door 5 minutes and gone not long after!

Get a grip man! I like Telstar, it should stay and not be changed on the whim of a couple of fans and players who will no doubt prefer another song that is in the charts a few weeks later. Telstar is not at the heart of a SOME fans, it is at the heart of MOST fans! Check out what tune people were celebrating the 3rd Division win to a few years ago - TELSTAR, and a LOT of these fans were relatively young!

If this came up 20 years ago, we might have been lumbered with a Spice Girls song, God forbid!

wot aboot the lion sleeps tonite

oooooweoooooweoooooweooooowe

http://youtu.be/0VJcWYu8zgo

Good job its not this version thats played.I like Telstar but this is gash.

Noisy crossbar

I'm funny as fuck like.

Yeah, like the idea of local bands though; give them a chance to perform in front of a crowd. This can include pipe bands btw. Another way to get a wee bit more integrated into the community.

kenwit

Wolves run out to that! Swansea City do 'White Riot' which is brilliant (I like The Clash though, so a bit biased).

What about .....Rise by Public Image Limited (Rise up the Table)

Opinion
mr305

Will that be the same players whose heads you'll be calling for after a few games if result don't go well? Then we would have a new song chosen by players who have only been in the door 5 minutes and gone not long after!

Get a grip man! I like Telstar, it should stay and not be changed on the whim of a couple of fans and players who will no doubt prefer another song that is in the charts a few weeks later. Telstar is not at the heart of a SOME fans, it is at the heart of MOST fans! Check out what tune people were celebrating the 3rd Division win to a few years ago - TELSTAR, and a LOT of these fans were relatively young!

If this came up 20 years ago, we might have been lumbered with a Spice Girls song, God forbid!

You ALWAYS have to bitch at someone ! eh Jocky ?

mr305
Opinion
mr305

What a come back to strengthen your previous post! I take my hat off to you mate. This Jocky guy must be some dude, getting accused of being every Tom, Dick and Opinion!

So what were you saying again about Telstar? Wasn't it something brilliantly witty straight out of Maple Gardens?

Opinion
mr305
Opinion
mr305

What a come back to strengthen your previous post! I take my hat off to you mate. This Jocky guy must be some dude, getting accused of being every Tom, Dick and Opinion!

So what were you saying again about Telstar? Wasn't it something brilliantly witty straight out of Maple Gardens?

From East Fife's Twitter:

@EastFifeFC: Today's question to ponder: What music should the team run out to next season? Traditional Telstar or something new for the new era?

This is the post i replied to . My opinion ? , funny enough that is your NEW user name OPINION . Why do i need to strengthen my OPINION ? .You always come on here looking for an argument What has a street in Methil got to do with my OPINION ?

It's funny how my post is the only one you replied to ? regardless of other posters not in support of telstar ? come on now Jocky

One of my customers had Telstar as his ringtone when I asked him why, he said his team west brom used to run out to it, don't know if they still do?

Techno rubbish; I think it's called 'Insomnia'? Anyway, you'd know it if you heard it.

I have 'Telstar' as my ring tone.