Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Terracing

Just heard that we have been given permission to put barriers round the pitch and increase the capacity by 1500,has anyone else heard this.

Re: Terracing

did ye hear it fae the sweetiewife who told us aboot Novo?

True,been ongoing for a while now.Cant believe it hasn't been mentioned before.

I notice that our shirt sponsors for this season will be Doe Sport who install artificial sports surfaces among other things. I wonder if there is any significance to this?

Terracing Now!
I notice that our shirt sponsors for this season will be Doe Sport who install artificial sports surfaces among other things. I wonder if there is any significance to this?

i think having a plastic pitch like alloa has we could play in any weather without calling the game off and rent the ground out for junior teams or anyone to use the pitch on a monday to friday basis that would benefit the club. we have been to grounds like airdrie, alloa, montrose and stenny now and this doesnt effect them? and its more modern to use them in the Scottish leauges nowadays bar SPL where dunfermline had to lifted it off under the old SPL rules back then and our ground is much colder by the sea/harbour etc....what do you guys think?

The dugouts are now stand side

Ef

They were there when we first moved to the new stadium. Got moved a few years later by Dave Clarke I think (a wise man).

Grass got to be grass

Kings of Fife
Ef

They were there when we first moved to the new stadium. Got moved a few years later by Dave Clarke I think (a wise man).

Billy brown would have loved the dugouts to be stand side to avoid the fans last season.

Billy Brown would've liked the dugouts to be in Kennoway.

Cambuslang Fifer
Terracing Now!

i think having a plastic pitch like alloa has we could play in any weather without calling the game off and rent the ground out for junior teams or anyone to use the pitch on a monday to friday basis that would benefit the club. we have been to grounds like airdrie, alloa, montrose and stenny now and this doesnt effect them? and its more modern to use them in the Scottish leauges nowadays bar SPL where dunfermline had to lifted it off under the old SPL rules back then and our ground is much colder by the sea/harbour etc....what do you guys think?

All we need a a spare 200k+ to install it

Joey
Cambuslang Fifer
Terracing Now!

noticed that Doe Sport Scotland are based at Quayside House opposite Bayview.

sammy
Joey
Cambuslang Fifer
Terracing Now!

That's far too DEER
Make that 50k and a 10 year deal for a rebranded DOE SPORT Stadium.

I'm dreaming like!
But maybe we could do a deal with them at some point?!

Joey
Cambuslang Fifer
Terracing Now!

if we use the cash we recieve this season, the cash should be spent on improving the club stadium increasing the stadium more than 2,000 and on upgrading the grass to be use in all weathers including december when the snow appears so we dont lose out on the income on a saturday game at bayview...and if we get another decent run in any of the cups that would be a bouns to make it happen...but it'll all have to be take some time in planing this.

Additional income after additional expenses for 2 x Rangers + 2 x Dunfermline maybe £75K+
Lay plastic pitch and upgrade stadium £400K

Yes,that should work o.k.

i'd like to know how many games we've had called off due to snow in the last 2 - 3 seasons? think we've had 1 maybe 2 called off due to high winds, trying to think if 1 was called off due to frost this winter along the standside line. Would replacing the turf really be the best way to spend the clubs money?

Not The Other Chairman
Additional income after additional expenses for 2 x Rangers + 2 x Dunfermline maybe £75K+

And I thought the blinkered, short-sighted pessimists went out with Collumbine and Co. Good job you're nowhere near running the club or have any influence eh?

Terracing Now!
Not The Other Chairman

And I thought the blinkered, short-sighted pessimists went out with Collumbine and Co. Good job you're nowhere near running the club or have any influence eh?

Good job your not either or we would be bust before long.

I heard a while ago an idea was to make a stand opposite to the present stand, but make it a double-sided stand looking down towards the Leven side as well as to the main pitch. Lay an astro surface on the Leven side and bingo, you have an all weather pitch adjacent to the main pitch with a stand to boot, plus an increased capacity on the main stadium. Also, changing facilities could be under that stand.
How much that would cost I have no idea, but that would be the best solution to the longer term capacity issue and increased income from an astro surface. The present playing surface is second to none, very few times in comparison even to astro surfaces elsewhere are games cancelled. Income would come from the astro surface on the Leven side being used by various clubs/organisations and not just for football. Maybe the community (Fife Council) could help with the finance as the area needs something like that anyway?

You could even play entrance tunes on that side that the users (mainly kids and local football teams) would like!!

Terracing Now!
Not The Other Chairman

Exactly

Instead of an all weather pitch lets spend fortunes installing a new stand/terracing which will lie empty for the best part of this season and seasons to come.[:I}.Lets get things right on the pitch first,any spare cash we have should be spent on a better quality of player and the youths

Terracing Now!
Not The Other Chairman

To dear's post was suggesting improvements would be made "if we use the cash we receive this season". I simply pointed out the arithmetic didn't work.
A plastic pitch makes financial sense but EF certainly will not be able to finance it on their own. I have no problem with a plastic pitch.

It seems for bigger games we can increase our capacity to 3500 with a relatively small financial outlay. Does it make sense to spend £100k - £200K
to reach 5000 ?

Can't wait to read your plan.

sammy
Joey
Cambuslang Fifer
Terracing Now!

Also based at quayside house are JKF and Floods ins - a company owned by Lee Murray . Was told a year ago Bayview will have an artificial surface

wonder if the sea side of the stand could be filled in cos hell of a cold draught off the sea spent the last 2 games chittering and its the middle of July!!!!!

newby
wonder if the sea side of the stand could be filled in cos hell of a cold draught off the sea spent the last 2 games chittering and its the middle of July!!!!!

Agree we could do with the stand screen ends to cover the whole gap not just the small bit it does now. That would make a big difference to the atmosphere as well as keeping us warmer.

Seriously, we had a visitor on Wednesday who left 20mins into the second half because of the COLD. “I’ll no be back after sitting in that stand, its freezing” I have to agree I sit there sometimes wishing for the final whistle to blow (not because of the game by the way) We made a huge fuck up when building the stand and the only way to recover the situation is to shelter with another as a wind deflector at the same time creating an atmosphere.