Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Todays game.

Andy McNeil is on the bench. Ex Raith Rovers keeper.

Re: Todays game.

Team is:

Andrews; Durie, Johnstone, Dutot, Mbu, Stewart, Willis, McBride, Gormley, Brown, Stewart.

Subs - Thom, Nade, Semmedo, Davieson, Falconer, Wilson, McNeill.

From a quick Google search it looks like 'Semedo' is a Portuguese defensive midfielder; formerly of Sheffield Wednesday.

Dutot and Mbu look solid at the back. Johnny Stewart playing very well in Midfield.

Doubt its that chap. He's a wee but above our level.
Think its more likely this chap:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Filipe_Correia_Semedo

any idea who wilson is?

First 45 has been decent.

We look very solid. I think if we can get 2 more attacking players with a little bit of quality we can have a good season. Hopefully one is Christian Nade.

It seems a pretty good game and i hope we keep this up in the second half, Cmon The Fife!

whats the score.

i herd on twitter its 1-0 to alloa but its seem quite good and we've had lot of attempts at goal with semedo on for brown and thom on for willis.

1-1 j.stewart

1-1 now thanks to Johnny Stewart!! its looking good and much positive i cant wait to go on wednesday. keep it up lads come on east fife!

Tall Fifer
From a quick Google search it looks like 'Semedo' is a Portuguese defensive midfielder; formerly of Sheffield Wednesday.

Thats José Semedo, the guy we've signed is Emanuel Semedo!!!

Stevie
Think its more likely this chap:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Filipe_Correia_Semedo

See above!!!

King Kebab
Stevie

See above!!!

Whats his background? Cant see anything about him on the net?

Are you sure it's this guy. Born in 1979 is a bit old to be kicking about with us?

well thats a good draw with a club thats in the first division and also be good for those players to take some experience from todays game as we prepare for next season am sure brown, davidson and thom etc will have like this, so positive all round i say by reading all the comments on twitter.

wee c
any idea who wilson is?

He is Kyle Wilson,one of the youngsters from last year,have high hopes for him as hes a relative.

Well pleased with the performance today. Good passing game from East Fife, players looked fit and up for it. All players gave their best so a very positive start,I particularily liked Dutot and J Stewarts contributions. I'm sure a couple more experienced midfield/forward signings will see us comfortably through this consolidation season.

By "see above" I meant see the answer I gave previously, those links refer to Jose Semada not Emanuel Semada!!!

Tonight I'm not boring,I'm concerned. For most of the game today we persisted in trying to pass the ball out of defence. If we persist in this type of play we are in danger of being called a football team.
Apart from that behaviour I thought we played well as a team. I know it was a friendly but we looked as good as Alloa (probably why it was 1-1)
Again it's a first friendly game but Mbu looked fit and ready to go.

Not The Other Chairman
Tonight I'm not boring,I'm concerned. For most of the game today we persisted in trying to pass the ball out of defence. If we persist in this type of play we are in danger of being called a football team.
Apart from that behaviour I thought we played well as a team. I know it was a friendly but we looked as good as Alloa (probably why it was 1-1)
Sarcasm?

Fact.

Not The Other Chairman

Good video of the game on site.