Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
andy murray

well done andy murray....superb victory

Re: andy murray

Makes you proud to be British!

Brilliant to see my old pal, and fellow East Fife fan Mr Salmond, taking the time to support Andy Murray at Wimbers.Despite his busy schedule Mr Salmond was there to support his fellow Scot,and cheer him to victory,just as he and I done a few years back at New Bayview whilst supporting the Fife.Well done Mr Salmond it really is a pleasure to call you my pal.Lang may yer lum reek.

How long have you and Mr Salmond been friends ?

Tam
Brilliant to see my old pal, and fellow East Fife fan Mr Salmond, taking the time to support Andy Murray at Wimbers.Despite his busy schedule Mr Salmond was there to support his fellow Scot,and cheer him to victory,just as he and I done a few years back at New Bayview whilst supporting the Fife.Well done Mr Salmond it really is a pleasure to call you my pal.Lang may yer lum reek.[/quote
You would have seen me if I had got a freebie like him

Tam
Brilliant to see my old pal, and fellow East Fife fan Mr Salmond, taking the time to support Andy Murray at Wimbers.Despite his busy schedule Mr Salmond was there to support his fellow Scot,and cheer him to victory,just as he and I done a few years back at New Bayview whilst supporting the Fife.Well done Mr Salmond it really is a pleasure to call you my pal.Lang may yer lum reek.

Nice to hear Mr S has a soft spot for the Fife but to be honest like today he was probably there for the free nosh, cos we can all see he likes a pie or three. Anyway well done to Andy a true Scot with a good fight in him, delighted he thanked the British fans, who All got behind him, bet that has yer pal choking on his strawberries and Champers

k

Politics has got hee-haw to do with it.
I don't grudge anybody celebrating his win for Great Britain, but if he'd been gubbed, he would be all the f***ing useless Jock twats of the day.

.........and everybody knows it!

I know sod all about tennis but I thought it was both Scottish guys in the final - Andy Murray and Jock O'Veitch.

Didnt Djokovic deal with defeat so graciously too! Stroppy footballers take note!

For fuck sake, i come on here to get some east fife news and all i see is andy murray, everyone can see for thereselves hes won wimbledon, anyone who comes on here to find that out isnt worthy of comsuming that information anyway, anything for a post...

Minififer come on son calm soon save the frustration for the season ahead it will help you belt oot some songs

BT
Minififer come on son calm soon save the frustration for the season ahead it will help you belt oot some songs

k

Just picked up on this. Andy Murray is Scottish and he comes from Scotland. He is not English, Welsh or Northern Irish. It is a triumph for the nation of Scotland.

Britain = English colonialism of the Celtic countries. If you live in England, it soon becomes clear that British and English are, in fact, one and the same. The term 'British' is used when someone who isn't English wins something. If Murray had been English do you REALLY honestly believe that he would've been called a 'British champion' and not 'English champion'?

The Scots and Welsh are unemployed, ungrateful scroungers who are nothing but a drain on English financial resources and a net loss to English taxpayers. Northern Ireland isn't even on the radar.

You should know your place by now FFS.

Hook, line and sinker. Mugged off again.

Bette noir or whatever you call yourself reading your posts makes me think you are a complete lush or stark raving mad if it's not coventry or wolves sending hooligans to bayview it is a racist rant which attempts to categorise all English people as right wing home counties snobs. I am afraid that is not true so please keep yer anti English phobia to yourself fifers are above all that bollocks at the end of the day we have enough pricks to deal with in Kirkcaldy never mind the 50 million English

isn't calling 50 million English people 'pricks' racist?

Lol