Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Trialists

From the East Fife Twitter....
'Ismael Bouzid will be joined by his brother Adam Bouzid and also Aimen Demai (former Kaiserslautern) also playing as trialists'!

I kind of feel that the way this is announced is that these guys are unlikely to sign for us and more as if they are guest players for the evening. Any thoughts on this, are they serious signing targets?

Re: Trialists

I thought I was the only one. The wording of this just makes it sound like they're only turning up for a one-off game in our 'glamour' fixture tomorrow against Wolves. I really hope I'm wrong though and that they genuinely want to sign for us. The thing is however, if they do, we certainly won't be short of defenders next season. Could do with a few extra attacking players in the squad.

The East Fife twitter is run by a fan like you or me.

I doubt our manager is stupid enough to waste valuable game time on players that we have no chance of signing. A lot of players would benefit from playing against decent opposition.

The message i got from Lee Murray on twitter:

yes defo if they perform and we can agree a deal of course why else would we let them play in the Black & Gold #monthefife

According to The Scotsman we have another Trialist going to feature tonight. A 20 year old, 5'11" striker who was with Burnley. His name is Joe Jackson. Hopefully he may be the new Kenny Deuchar !

Bayviewboy
According to The Scotsman we have another Trialist going to feature tonight. A 20 year old, 5'11" striker who was with Burnley. His name is Joe Jackson. Hopefully he may be the new Kenny Deuchar !

Looking forward to seeing him Steppin' Out tonight.

agree striker looks like he could do a job. however Bouzid cant see him signing and if he does how much will he cost? be good if he does good experience big solid unit too.

McNeil is not interested in signing as he said himself looking to go abroad so why waste time with him give the young lad a shot. seen him play a few reserve games decent. as for all the youth boys if they are good enough get them in or next year we'll be saying their not experienced enough again.

but that's the shout in Scotland just now, "youth is the way forward", but you cant put them in because they don't have enough experience. that's because no one is willing to give it a go, there are good young lads at the club who will need to leave soon they need to work.

Anyone know why Aimen Demai (former Kaiserslautern) didn't feature last night? Is he actually training with the club?

He was injured in training. He's still expected to feature at some point.

Bon
Bouzid .. big solid unit too.

I didn't see his unit but I'll take your word for it.

Ismael (no.4) looked solid as you say. I'd like him to get signed up if possible

Paul Raymond
Ismael (no.4) looked solid as you say. I'd like him to get signed up if possible

I'm really hoping we're in the middle of discussions about getting him signed asap. Thought he was excellent at the back last night and would be an immense addition to the squad for next season. If we get him signed we could have one of the strongest defences we have seen for a long, long time.

still need another striker added to this squad...plenty more friendlies to go before season restarts again and players to try out, surely we can get a few in to look at this week with killie on Wednesday and Hamilton on Saturday