Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Coventry City

I know it's English but I don't get it; Coventry City have been in dispute with the owners of the Ricoh Stadium for three years over rent, in fact they went into admin over the £1.3 million owed.

As of next season Coventry have decided to play 34 miles away at Northampton's Sixfields Stadium even though the owners of Ricoh Stadium have offered to let City play there next season FOR FREE but the City Board have turned the offer down. So fans from Coventry will have to travel down the M6/M1 to another town and a smaller ground if they want to watch their football club or jump on the train.

We have a go at the East Fife Board but how bad is this? Meanwhile The Ricoh Arena (opened 2007) stands empty.

Re: Coventry City

I think there is more behind the scenes problem with the owners of the stadium and COVENTRY.
Does seem strange that they have been offered free rental but is has been approved by club English FA have given permission for them to play at NORTHAMPTON so they must know reason why COVENTRY have refused offer.

That's a prety abreviated account of what's going on and leaves a lot open to interpretaition.

They were offered to use the stadium for free if they were "STILL" in admin but they should exit admin within the next couple of weeks.

It's a real sad state of affairs at CCFC, basically they were bought by a venture capital/entertainments company (SISU) that has eyes on owning the Ricoh complex outright so they stopped paying the rent in the guise to get a better deal but actually wanted Arena Coventry Ltd (ACL) to go bust and pick up the complex for peanuts.

Have a read through http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/forum.php to see just how bad it can get when money men get involved.

EFFC die hard and CCFC Fan
That's a prety abreviated account of what's going on and leaves a lot open to interpretaition.

They were offered to use the stadium for free if they were "STILL" in admin but they should exit admin within the next couple of weeks.

It's a real sad state of affairs at CCFC, basically they were bought by a venture capital/entertainments company (SISU) that has eyes on owning the Ricoh complex outright so they stopped paying the rent in the guise to get a better deal but actually wanted Arena Coventry Ltd (ACL) to go bust and pick up the complex for peanuts.

Have a read through http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/forum.php to see just how bad it can get when money men get involved.

Thanks, did say something must be going on. I have not looked into the situation and thank you for info. Will have a look at the skyblue forum
There was a bit on BBC NEWS that the ENGLISH FA had to give permission for COVENTRY to play at NOTHAMPTON?.

I'd guess it's similar in Scotland but the English FA take a dim view these days over clubs not playing in or around the places where they are traditionally from. The nonsense over Wimbledon, the problems Brighton had, etc. have brought about a tightening up of the rules.

Rotherham recently relocated from Millmoor to Don Valley in Sheffield (ground to ground probably less than 10 miles) whilst they developed a new ground & were pretty much told they had 3 years to get back to Rotherham or they'd be expelled from the League.

I think there's a fair bit of brinksmanship going on here & wouldn't be surprised at all if they are back there by the season start or soon enough after.