Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bobs pies

Bob Moreland pies are back hope they are better than before,They did not taste as good as the ones he sells in his shop.

Re: Bobs pies

I remember Bob providing free pies for the protestor's on the mound a few years back.
They were first class then.

Never got the chance to try one,sold out before half time!

Can i just say the pies were shamazeballs.......dee-lish, and felt like i wasnt eating a greasy mess like last year.

Good job!!

Was there pies ?.Thought the pie shop was a bit of a disaster area.No pies,ages to get served and no spoons,sugar where it should

Ok but they were cold and the team behind the counter needed a hand. They were all trying to serve and do the till

the pies last night were totally disgusting they were cold and didn't taste like moreland's pies something needs to change for Saturday's game...Turn the ovens up higher or something... It was a waste of £1.50 and £1.80

Looks like you need to get one of your professional catering managers in there quick Lee.

Waited for ages, to be told there were no Bovrils and paid for a steak pie but got a mince pie instead which wasn't the best either. It was cold too, which was indefensible and there was no salt/pepper, but I sympathised with the staff as they were clearly doing this for the first time at Bayview and didn't have a good system in place, unlike the previous staff who were extremely efficient. I expect it will get better though.

disgruntled fan
the pies last night were totally disgusting they were cold and didn't taste like moreland's pies something needs to change for Saturday's game...Turn the ovens up higher or something... It was a waste of £1.50 and £1.80

CMON GIVE THE GUYS A BREAK, IT WAS THERE FIRST TIME DOING THE PIE STALL, THEY ONLY LEARNED HOW TO WORK EVERYTHING THAT DAY, AND AS FOR PRICES THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STAFF, THEY ARE TRYING THEIR BEST.

Sounds like the pie stall is back to the bad old ways before they let it o
ut yo Tam Will. It was the one thing the club had sorted out, and if they have taken it back in house not a clever move.

yvonne
disgruntled fan

CMON GIVE THE GUYS A BREAK, IT WAS THERE FIRST TIME DOING THE PIE STALL, THEY ONLY LEARNED HOW TO WORK EVERYTHING THAT DAY, AND AS FOR PRICES THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STAFF, THEY ARE TRYING THEIR BEST.

Yvonne

That was the problem in the old days. Well intentioned amateurs doing what should be done by professionals.
You need professional managment (especially in the money generating catering trade) who know what they are doing.
It's always a management problem and nothing to do with staff.

It's not like the game was just arranged that morning, those delegated to work on the pie stall should have had some practice in the days leading up to the match. I mean no bovril! They definitely had ample time to organise appropriate stock, it was more like a tuck shop than a pie stall at halftime

It is not all the staff's fault, so give them a break as Yvonne says. I'm sure they will sort it out, as for a start, it will make it easier for them to operate it. By all means point out where they can improve, otherwise they will blissfully think all is okay when it's not, but give them a chance to make improvements before castigating them.

It's a must that Bovril is available for example (the powdered version and not watered down too thinly), the pies are hot and customers are not kept waiting too long. All easy to sort out! (Plus salt & pepper available)! The customers have to play there part too, by not dilly-dallying at the counter after being served. Get your stuff and make space for the next customer!

yvonne
disgruntled fan

Aye,its really difficult to stick a pie in the oven and make sure its hot?Its not Michelin star cooking

It was the first game for these new staff for fuck sake.I didnt appreciate the cold pie either but you have to give them a chance.Mistakes will happen but if they learn and correct them then whats the problem.How many of these people that are moaning got it 100% right on their first day at a new job.

Instead of bitching and moaning on here why don't you e-mail the club to let them know where to improve and what you would like to be sold in the pie stalls, as previously stated Wednesday was the 1st game for the new staff and hopefully they will have learned by their mistakes for todays game, the club e-mail is office@eastfifefc.info I am sure any issues will be addressed by the new board.

First things first, I am one of the people working the stall this year, and the reason the pies were cold was because we thought ovens would have been hot enough due to being turned all the way up. Second, there was no bovril as the supplier had none (we don't choose suppliers or order the stock so not our fault). Third, the pies running out wasn't our fault, as, like I have said, we don't order them so we have no control over that. Lastly, I am going to speak up about having a system in place where 2 people are serving, and the the other is taking the money. It was our first day guys, we had no previous training and we are going to work out some of the kinks for tonight. Hope this goes some way to appeasing you.

Well said Fenrir

BOAK