Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A New Dawn ?

Enjoyed the game tonight and thought our 'new' team did really well especially in the first half.
There were lots of positives to take from tonight
1) The team tried to play the ball on the deck and at times played some decent football against a good, physical Wolves side
2) The Manager was continually giving instructions and trying to motivate players
3) The atmosphere in the stadium was so much more positive than previous seasons
4) Some of the new players were impressive. Dutot, Mbu, Johnny Stewart all look very good signings
5) The three trialists all did well and I wouldn't be disappointed especially if Ishmael Bouzid signed
I'm not getting carried away and going to make any rash decisions but I'm certainly optimistic that this season will be better than last year. Thanks in particular to Lee Murray for leading the Club forward and initiating the'feel good' factor which seems to be returning to Bayview .
C'mon the Fife !

Re: A New Dawn ?

Certainly sounds promising.
1st game I'll be back for is Forfar. Good to be looking positively forward to the new season.

A good turn out? Wolves fans in force??

About 150 in a crowd of 695

Spoke to a few Wolves fans and they said it was good enough game and felt they were treated well by the east fife fans and staff.
One question was brought up "programmes not being sold at away end ?."

Wolverhampton Wanderers site has match report and photos.

Union berlin
Spoke to a few Wolves fans and they said it was good enough game and felt they were treated well by the east fife fans and staff.

There were programmes being sold outside the away end and ended up being virtually sold out.

We sold out of programmes last night but I have checked with the printers & we have another 20 that can sell.
Anyone requiring a programme please post here or e mail me at
liam.anderson3@btinternet.com

Tam
Union berlin

There were programmes being sold outside the away end and ended up being virtually sold out.

sorry to say there was no one selling programmes when we arrived at 19-25hrs. on arrival we went straight into ground. Asked chap selling raffle tickets and people serving at pie stall they said no.
otherwise all was okay.
we picked up a couple after announcement was made that the programme laddie was selling them at halfway line.

Union Berlin
Tam
Union berlin

sorry to say there was no one selling programmes when we arrived at 19-25hrs. on arrival we went straight into ground. Asked chap selling raffle tickets and people serving at pie stall they said no.
otherwise all was okay.
we picked up a couple after announcement was made that the programme laddie was selling them at halfway line.

There was 2 boys selling programmes outside the ground at that time. Sorry that you missed them.

quote]

otherwise all was okay.

[/quote]

Programme laddie!!!!! I'll give you $%$%$$$ programme laddie! ;-)
Boys were still selling them when I wnet into ground at 7.40pm

I spoke to the programme seller at East Fife end about 7.30 as I was asking about the deal on paying up front for programmes. I also had passed the seller at the away end who had a few supporters buying programmes off him at that time.

Liam Anderson
quote]

otherwise all was okay.

Boys were still selling them when I wnet into ground at 7.40pm[/quote]

without getting to an argument --
no sellers when we went in to away end. fact
comment was made by announcer. fact

enjoy your season.

Union Berlin
Liam Anderson
quote]

otherwise all was okay.

enjoy your season.[/quote]

Also without getting in to an argument but you are wrong. There were 2 boys selling programmes outside the ground up until 5 minutes before kick off. This has been backed up by others on this thread. I also know this to be true as my son is one of the programme sellers and I was standing near him at that time. Fact.

With regards to the stadium announcer, did she make the comment that there was no programmes being sold outside the ground at 7.25pm? No she didn`t. She simply announced that there were some extra programmes available to anyone who didn`t get one. Fact.

Enjoy your season as well (even though I was under the impression that you were an East Fife supporter,going by your previous posts under Union Berlin).

Tam
Union Berlin
Liam Anderson
quote]

otherwise all was okay.

enjoy your season.

Also without getting in to an argument but you are wrong. There were 2 boys selling programmes outside the ground up until 5 minutes before kick off. This has been backed up by others on this thread. I also know this to be true as my son is one of the programme sellers and I was standing near him at that time. Fact.

With regards to the stadium announcer, did she make the comment that there was no programmes being sold outside the ground at 7.25pm? No she didn`t. She simply announced that there were some extra programmes available to anyone who didn`t get one. Fact.

Enjoy your season as well (even though I was under the impression that you were an East Fife supporter,going by your previous posts under Union Berlin).

[/quote]

I was with Union Berlin and can state that no programmes were on sale at the turnstile at the away end or inside when we arrived at the ground. The announcemnet was made at halftime about the availability of programmes with a person holding them aloft. Then we were able to purchase 2 which we now have for a remeberance of my visit.
Yes Union berlin was a supporter of east fife at one time, he brought me to see my team wolves.

Swiss Tony
Tam
Union Berlin
Liam Anderson
quote]

otherwise all was okay.

enjoy your season.

I was with Union Berlin and can state that no programmes were on sale at the turnstile at the away end or inside when we arrived at the ground. The announcemnet was made at halftime about the availability of programmes with a person holding them aloft. Then we were able to purchase 2 which we now have for a remeberance of my visit.
Yes Union berlin was a supporter of east fife at one time, he brought me to see my team wolves. [/quote]

I was late getting to Bayview, however I bought a programme after 7.30pm at the reception, along with a team sheet. I can't understand how everybody else managed to buy their programmes if no one (allegedly), was selling them outside, cos I doubt very much that reception sold them to everybody?? Maybe Union Berlin and his mate Tony weren't looking hard enough, because they were more focused on getting in for the original kick-off time?

What a load of waffles. I bought a programme at 20.30 local time in Brussels from a Belgian cousin of your new media sales executive Innes. Unfortunately your other new executive Connor has no relatives in Belgium.