Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Attention available strikers!

Lots of positives from the team and great to see the punt disappearing! However, we are in desperate need of strikers and wingers! Anyone out there??

Re: Attention available strikers!

What's the story with Joe Jackson? Him and Christian Nade along with Kevin Nade and Liam Gormley and we're set up top...

We surely can't class Kevin Nade as a footballer let alone a striker can we??

I have to agree we need another striker and a wide boy.. Although Manu looks handy and looks like he can do a job on the wing however I will caveat that with he never gets enough air time for me make my mind up for certain. Nade is certainly lacking fitness and I don't just mean match fitness! He needs to loose a few stone and work on his stamina. Only then will we able to get a true appreciation of his footballing ability as its being eroded by lack of fitness! On a positive note Dutot was absolutely awesome, top player so we struck gold there!

Manager said after the game that we have missed out on Jackson for family reasons.
Other strikers coming in next week for a look at.
Dutot was simply magnificent with the exception of that one pass in the first half!
Thought Dallas was shocking today! Yes in a competitive match the red cards would have been merited but all he had to do was have both players subbed & that would have the end of it! Both managers highly critical of him after game. Apparently they were warned at half time hence the substitutions of Nade & Adamson.
Good workout again with plenty of promise I think.

What was the score?

no score draw.

Wasn't too impressed with big Joe at left back. Had thought he was excellent at centre back on Wed night.

All in all though I thought we were very competitive and looked the most likely in the second half.

defo need another striker, gormley and nade played ok 1st half but lacked the options upfront to make something and only seen a couple of shoots at goals from corners and gormley missed his chance on 1 on 1 with goalie which their goalie found it easy to handle. we have enough cover in defence now and we need to strengthen strikers and wingers too much space and players camped in the middle of midfield.
McNeil made a brilliant save at the end of the game to denied cowdenbeath a goal when he came on for andrews and everyone played their part.
Emmauel Semendo looked promising and was energetic along with grieve so more to come from them I hope.
Whats the story about Samuel and where's he now? someone to hold the ball up the park to gormley to run onto would be ideal and isn't feared to hit the ball at the goals.

despartely need strikers but also providers. not many shots at all never mind on target!! Jurys out on Nade. looks a bit cumbersome

newby
despartely need strikers but also providers. not many shots at all never mind on target!! Jurys out on Nade. looks a bit cumbersome

We blamed strikers last year but the bottom line s we have got he worse wingers in the league. Mcbride is as soft as cheese and Willis s like a fairy when running with ball. Strikers need service and the players who have stayed are not going to cross the ball

So after 3 games the slaggings begin. Sorry pal but your moaning is soooooo last season. This year it is about supporting not criticising........who knows, it might actually result in improved performances

McBride was our top goalscorer last season I believe? and Willis always gives 100% and is technically actually a rather good player, something which I didn't think when he first signed. Give the guys a break! New season, new team and after our first few friendlies it's clear to see the foundations are in place and we just need 1/2 more players to help us on our way. I agree we are a little lightweight up front (excuse the pun) but once C Nade is fit and K Nade can get more game time we'll be okay. Plus I'm sure the manager is working on bringing a few more trialists in for the remaining games.

It's going to be a good season.