Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tonight??

Noticed between our starting 11 and bench we have 3 trialists. Anyone know who they are?? And is bouzid brothers suspended and injured for tonight??

Re: Tonight??

Ex Raith and Dunfermline Pat Clarke is one. No.9 if you're at the game.

Clarke will be a stand out at 2nd division level. Always looked a very intelligent player at the Rovers last season, but they never seemed to know exactly where to play him as he's more of a link-up player than an out and out centre forward.

anyone got any info on game tonight

Decent run out again tonight. Thought we were going to get pummelled early on but after that we were very good defensively & continued the passing philosophy. Still needing to create some more chances but these are higher level teams we're playing. Willie & Drinks very upbeat after game as was Joe Mbu. Interviews on EFtv later.

the sub trialist that didnt come on looked like one of the cowden trialists from the weekend

Thought Joe Mbu and Stoney were by far our best players. Stoney really looks like he's proud to be captain.
Our keeper really didn't have a save to make so that's encouraging defensively. Our forwards didn't really get enough service to judge how potent they will be in the league, but overall I'm more optimistic than last season, and the fans are definitely more upbeat!

stoney needs to work on his passing,too many times ball upto Mcbride drifting over the touchline.Thom had good game and Dutot looks comfortable regardless where they play him.Fitness looks good from the team.

fan 67
anyone got any info on game tonight

There was constant updates on Twitter last night as the action happened...... its real easy to join and the club keep you constantly informed with a DAILY update .....

Aye the twitter feed is good. I can't be arsed with (anti)social media, but I joined twitter to keep up to date with East Fife news and I'm glad I did.

Noisy Crossbar
Aye the twitter feed is good. I can't be arsed with (anti)social media, but I joined twitter to keep up to date with East Fife news and I'm glad I did.

Classic denial here, I think. Anyone can go on and read the EF Twitter stuff without joining Twitter. You can even see it on the official site. Just a poor excuse from someone who's clearly been dying to get signed up to social media.

KotS
Noisy Crossbar

Classic denial here, I think. Anyone can go on and read the EF Twitter stuff without joining Twitter. You can even see it on the official site. Just a poor excuse from someone who's clearly been dying to get signed up to social media.

Noisy Crossbar

Jessica Ennis on Twitter too...

What's the score with our team trying to play out from the back but trying to do it 90% of the time through stoney? I like the guy but it stopped us from competing properly vs killie as he dithers when he gets it because he's not got the confidence to play it out. Plus the fact that instead of getting round him for the first pass the rest of the lads run away giving him nae option and letting opposition close him down. We we loose goals if we persist fair enough use it sometimes but we need to vary it.