Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PAT CLARKE ARRIVES

Glad to see that Pat Clarke has signed for The Fife. I work beside an ardent Rovers fan and like many of their support, he was extremely surprised Pat Clarke was released recently. He put it down to their tight finances and ruthless management policies in regard to player release. He also thought several fist division clubs would be seeking Pat's signature. After all, John McGlynn was a fan of Clarke and he got a lot right at Starks Park. Pat is not an out-and-out goal scorer, but can play in almost any position successfully in the team, when required. He is best at holding up the ball and supplying the final ball. He will create goal scoring opportunities for the main striker (when he arrives?) Perhaps Christian Nade will be the man, certainly not Kevin though, at the present rate.

To be honest Christian Nade has not scored a barrowload of goals in his football career, but has played at a high level. He scored 10 goals for Hearts between 2007-2010. Pat Clarke, on the other hand appeared 27 times for Raith Rovers last year and scored 5 goals, but assisted in many more. He previously scored 9 goals during his two years with Dunfermline. I'm don't want to be negative in any way , so here's hoping Christian Nade can get up to fitness quickly and form a successful partnership with Pat Clarke. Let's not forget Liam Gormley either. I have been really impressed with his work rate and sheer ability during the friendlies. Again, he is not a frequent goal scorer, but will pick up a goal now and again. When you add the abilities of these guys to the potential Scott McBride has also to score regularly, we should do just fine in division 2.

I continue to think positively about everything at New Bayview these days. From the various interviews posted so far, I like the honesty of the players and Willie Aitchison. They are keen to provide the supporters with the information which has been sadly lacking in previous years at new bayview and clearly this week, they have accepted that a wake up call has just been received. I'm sure matters will be sorted out on the park before next weekend.

Re: PAT CLARKE ARRIVES

think he will do well for us.
welcome to east fife pat

Good signing for the fife think he may settle in this league and do well for you. Thats him now done the Fife foursome and has played for the full set, how many other players down the years have done that?

Easily the worst player ever to wear an EF jersey.

Some people are deluded

Deacon
Easily the worst player ever to wear an EF jersey.

Some people are deluded

How many 'worst' players is that now? There have been quite a few players been branded as that on this site alone, but I would say there is nowhere near as many 'worst' players as there are 'worst' fans that we have and you are definitely one of them neebs.

Holly shit you think Clarke was worse than the midfield maestro Stewart.....

Hes not that bad? hes been injured and not had a run in the team so hes gonna be unfit especially when he doesn't do a lot of running when he is. From what I have seen of him this season hes been decent in his build up play and with the ball at his feet. Get him fully fit and he could be good for us.

Stand Banger
Hes not that bad? hes been injured and not had a run in the team so hes gonna be unfit especially when he doesn't do a lot of running when he is. From what I have seen of him this season hes been decent in his build up play and with the ball at his feet. Get him fully fit and he could be good for us.

This. Think people have been unfairly jumping on the 'Pat Clarke is pish' bandwagon without even actually seeing him get a decent run in the team. Been injured for the most part of the season for crying out loud. I think he could be a good player for us if we give him the chance ahead of Buchanan (who hasn't impressed me to be honest). I honestly think if Clarke is given the chance, he just needs one goal to get going again.

Nobody is worse than J Stewart. A pathetic excuse for footballer.
But let's be honest Pat Clarke is woeful. Even before his injury he never looked like he could be arsed. Apart from that goal he has never looked liked scoring.