Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AFTN Website Revamp

Our long, long overdue revamp of the actual AFTN site is underway and we hope to have it finished for August 1st if not sooner.

New, fresh looking website coming up. Design nearly done, just transferring over content. Anything you'd like to see on it? Anything we should just get rid of from the current stuff?

Forum's different. No changes to that just now.

We're also looking for some regular contributors to the blog. Want to get that going again. Doesn't have to be about East Fife. General football posts would be great.

Also if anyone wants to help out on AFTN's twitter. Not a lot involved. Just looking at regular updates, interesting links to stuff etc.

If you're interested, drop me an email at: aftn at hotmail dot co dot uk

Re: AFTN Website Revamp

Looking forward to seeing the new look. I know some folk are into this twitter stuff, but aftn is where I always come for East Fife news, and have done for many years now. Brilliant site and long may it continue

how bout different pages for scottish fitba, other fitba/sport, and a pub section for all non sport related items

Bump.

This still happening, Gof?

Still happening but will take a bit longer, as life got in the way and haven't had time to finish it all yet.

Might be a few weeks yet, but soon!

How about registration for the site? As a victim of constant cyber bullying I think registration would go a long way toward making people respect the opinion of others. This is not AskFM.

Bette Noir
How about registration for the site? As a victim of constant cyber bullying I think registration would go a long way toward making people respect the opinion of others. This is not AskFM.

If there was registering for AFTN, you would have been banned permanently many moons ago. Please do not like the tragedy of a little girls suicide to the crap you are known to post.

GoF
Our long, long overdue revamp of the actual AFTN site is underway and we hope to have it finished for August 1st if not sooner.

New, fresh looking website coming up. Design nearly done, just transferring over content. Anything you'd like to see on it? Anything we should just get rid of from the current stuff?

Forum's different. No changes to that just now.

We're also looking for some regular contributors to the blog. Want to get that going again. Doesn't have to be about East Fife. General football posts would be great.

Also if anyone wants to help out on AFTN's twitter. Not a lot involved. Just looking at regular updates, interesting links to stuff etc.

If you're interested, drop me an email at: aftn at hotmail dot co dot uk

You informed me about your new website in a burger joint in Vancouver in 2008 (or something), so dinnae start with your false dawn pish.

I'll believe it when I see it.

GoF,

When the site is updated a bit, is there a chance that it can be done that when you reply on a thread that you do so on the same page? Rather than clicking reply, being redirected to a separate page to say what you want to say then going back...

Not sure you can do that on bravenet. It puts the last comment at the bottom but that's about it.

Will have a look.

Had been looking around to changing from Bravenet but the problem is what to do with the archive here as it can't be exported by the looks of it.

Does the archive need to be transferred?

I'm obviously speaking for myself only, but I'm not interested in threads from 4/5 years ago...

There's some good stuff in there, but yeah not sure how many people read it and we could possibly do something else with it.

Throw this open to others. Do you care about the old threads?

Nope. I'd be happy to move forum, would't read old threads.