Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Liam Gormley and Kevin Nade

Gone.

Re: Liam Gormley and Kevin Nade

Not surprised by Nade.

The only reason i can think of is that a bigger team has come in for Liam and he's asked to be released. Easily good enough and our best player this pre-season.

Nade was never really up to much, but surprised about Liam.

Keteoj
Not surprised by Nade.

The only reason i can think of is that a bigger team has come in for Liam and he's asked to be released. Easily good enough and our best player this pre-season.

Liam is poor and very light weight , no chance a club would come in for him . He would struggle in 3rd

All makes sense. Nade was embarrassing and Gormley isn't going to score goals unfortunately

I thought Gormley looked really good in pre-season. He was getting himself into decent positions and I reckon would have been worth a few goals this season. Is he better than Buchanan though? no chance.
As for Nade - sorry, he won't be missed.

Gormley struggled to put that tap in against Berwick and Kevin Nade is never a footballer.

Fash will be another local lad who comes good for us like Stoney and Buchanan is a proven scorer at this level.

Happy with these changes upfront

I thought Gormley looked really good in pre-season. He was getting himself into decent positions and I reckon would have been worth a few goals this season. Is he better than Buchanan though? no chance.
As for Nade - sorry, he won't be missed.

shocked gormley has left thought he would do well for us.

think buchanan, Christian nade and Clarke will be better finishers though and we do need goalscorers so overall i think it is looking good up front.

thought k nade would go as he is not the most agile of players.

wish them both all the best in there future careers.

heard good things about fash so hopefully he makes the step up and scores some for us.

Great news about Nade,wouldn't get a game for Eastvale nevermind East Fife.

Sorry to see Nade go,he`ll be a great player when he`s fully fit.

S Deehell

Ha Ha, brilliant!!

S Deehell

is it April 1st already?

Lee Murray would have been a better option up front that Kevin Nade! I'm sure Kevin is a decent guy but never in a million years is he a footballer. Pleased about the two signings

Do we really have to rip the pish out of guys who will clearly be gutted this evening. I would have given anything to pull on the black and gold just the once but I was nowhere near good enough. These lads have done that but I'm assuming better players have come along. There really is no need for these comments.
All the best to Liam and Kevin in their future careers.

Lochee Fifer
Do we really have to rip the pish out of guys who will clearly be gutted this evening. I would have given anything to pull on the black and gold just the once but I was nowhere near good enough. These lads have done that but I'm assuming better players have come along. There really is no need for these comments.

Aye! But we are Jocks. That's what we do. Rip the pish out of the unfortunate and, because life is so unfair, metaphorically greet into our pint of McEwans Export.

Good luck to Liam and Kevin.

Lochee Fifer

"Ripping the pish" out of players is as big a tradition at East Fife as the black and gold colours I'm afraid

Management wanted gormley to sign long term but he would not sign when asked, looks like he was holding out to get something better,thats why management pulled the plug.