Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Line up v forfar

1-andrews,2-durie,3-johnstone,4-thom,5-mbu,6-j.stewart,7-willis
8-mcbride,9-clarke,10-buchanan,11-wilson
subs 12-r.stewart,14-fotheringham,15-austin,16-brown,gk-greg paterson

Re: Line up v forfar

2 nil down after 30 mins

2-1 forfar buchanan penalty

Wilson replaced by ryan stewart before half time due to injury I hope its not serious. Next 45 mins crucial if we want to remain in challenge cup and qualify for next round folkes. Cmon fife!

why is dutot not playing ?

Fife down to 10 men

Thom red card, elbowing. Nightmare.

Gary thom sent off for use of elbow, oh dear 15mins to go and still hanging on going to be tough now and still need to find a goal to force extra time.

Fash coming on for his debut for east fife, replacing bridey. Shagger and stonie booked for both sides.
Fife going 3-3-3 and swankie for forfar narrowsly misses, hahaha. Cmon big punt in these last mintues to shoot.

Comfortable win for a depleted Forfar side. Big improvement needed for Morton next week.

Hope to see dutot back and patnering mbu at centre back and bouzid's too as thom will be missing through supsension. Like to see more exprienced keeper in goals don't rate andrews purely his judgement and position in goals is poor and is weak at set piece and going by forfar second goal they scored from free kick this happened at home to hamilton just my opioion. Hopefully westwood make him better as a goalie and cut his errors out and work on his weakness in games.

rab b
why is dutot not playing ?

This.

Oooooh eh dutot?

on way home
Comfortable win for a depleted Forfar side. Big improvement needed for Morton next week.

I totally disagree about the goalkeeper he kept the score respectable,with 3 or 4 decent saves.The basic facts are we got the game plan all wrong in the first 45 minutes.We went433 and gave Forfar the freedom of the pitch.It took the management team 45 minutes to change to a 442 and we competed a lot better until the sending of.I cant understand, how the manager said during a pre season game, that 433 did not go well for the team,then play the same system today.Buchanan did well first half but tired.The shape of the team was all over the place, and Forfar tore us to shreds for the vast part of the game in all honesty.We will need to improve very fast in the middle of the park or we will toil against most teams.

Agree we got it all wrong 1st half but forfar have a good side and that was a weaker team with andrews and dodds out. They have some good players even there subs were good when they come on. Our defence was shit and our midfield is shocking with mcbride and Willis both having poor games. Thought the strikers did ok but no real goal threat still . The sending off was a joke the ref had a shocker. If we don't start getting a winning mentality then we will struggle all year. Thought McManus and swankie look good together upfront once they are both sharper but our 2 forwards looked good and will get better with games. It's going to be a tight league this year

Does my 20/1 for you to finish bottom look good?

Levenmouth Rover
Does my 20/1 for you to finish bottom look good?

Wot's up? All your little boyfriends early to bed and no-one in the playground to stalk?

we need to start playing our strongest team against morton or we are in for a tough season when season starts in two weeks, i still think broonie should have re-signed having been experience enough to play in games even though i agree with the person above saying he made a couple of saves but he's very vulnerable to free-kicks not that am slating a player but the player needs to work on this thats twice in two games poor position.
are they more arrivial expected? Seen paterson on bench..how many keepers have we got to back-up first choice Andrews. whats happening to McNeil, Shaw and Collier are they at the club? its like a game of guess who every match lol
Can we afford to be releasing players like gormley who re-signed go without having to pay compensation?

Gormley only had a one month contract.

Letting Gormley go is a mistake he did well against wolves ansd killie and just as last season when he only got chance as a sub remember he got shot service we have been poor in middle. Wish him all the best but hope the new unproven star we have signed does the job. Reading the report on his about to score sounds good but if this is his mates posting just remember by doing that you are putting pressure on the boy from the start

Sorry that it doesn't seem to have worked out for Liam. All the best to him and Kevin Nade. Shows though that the management team are prepared to make tough decisions for the good of the Club. Seems they've decided that change was needed and they've taken action.