Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dutot and Manu

Where were they today?

Re: Dutot and Manu

I don't know if there is any truth in this at all, but the rumour is that Dutot has left the Club and has gone back to France!!!

Hope that is all that it is, a rumour!!!

The salubrious surroundings of Methil?

Surely not.

Alexis Dutot was at the game yesterday along with his girlfriend. He couldn't play as his previous French club have not completed the necessary paperwork for international clearance. It should all be sorted this week

What about wee Manu? Looked a talented player in pre season. Hope it's just the same issue.

I know!
Alexis Dutot was at the game yesterday along with his girlfriend. He couldn't play as his previous French club have not completed the necessary paperwork for international clearance. It should all be sorted this week

I hope this is true and his former club gives him the green light to get his clearance sorted as we missed him yestarday.
Dutot and Mbu look like the solid centre back patnership at the club a bit like the old Tweed & Smart patnership we badly missed.

Manu was at the game too :)

I believe there was a quote from the Chairman a while back stating, Transparency at the club. Seems like a good time to tel us what's going on, I too have heard a rumour around the French lads that they are away back to France. Just a rumour though.

Bon
I believe there was a quote from the Chairman a while back stating, Transparency at the club. Seems like a good time to tel us what's going on, I too have heard a rumour around the French lads that they are away back to France. Just a rumour though.

they were at the game on sat

Bon

I'm interested to know what you think you haven't been told?

The situation regarding Alexis Dutot was answered in Aitchison's Post Match interview on EFtv and he also cleared up the situation regarding Adam Bouzid. He didn't mention Manu but then he wasn't asked.

Are you hoping that the club will issue a statement every time someone invents a rumor on a fans forum?

Spoke to Alexis yesterday outside bayview and hes still there, not gone back to france or anything.

Zak, Scott. Cheers that was what I was hoping to hear. Ewan cheers for a totally unhelpful answer if you knew just say.

Anything else you know please let me know I don't get up to watch games often due to work commitments @ weekends.

I do however watch the youth games the full time lads that were. Told they would play the reserve games still waiting for that to happen one year on. Yes I know they got a couple and I know the results were favourable certainly the ones I was at, the games involving the first team player got quite embarrassing especially the stenny game 6-1 I think it was young striker Love still laughing at collier in the goal.

No Manu or Kevin Nade in the squad tonight v Celtic unless they are trialists. Dutot is starting.

Scott Young
Spoke to Alexis yesterday outside bayview and hes still there, not gone back to france or anything.

That was lucky - you'd have looked a bit of a divvy standing outside Bayview talking to him if he had gone back to France.

Fred
No Manu or Kevin Nade in the squad tonight v Celtic unless they are trialists. Dutot is starting.

Both came on as second half subs.

EF won 2-0 with both being scored by a very useful 6 ft plus centre.
Some good performances tonight.