Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Commercial update

Good News, All but one of the match ball sponsors for our forthcoming home games this season have now been sold.
Firstly this is down to the hard work of our vice-chairman David Hamilton and secondly this is great revenue and publicity for our club.
Your continued support is much appreciated, anyone wishing the last sponsored game available please contact David thru the club.
There are many other types of sponsored packages available for information please contact the club office Thank you..

Re: Commercial update

That's great news Brian. Seems all OK behind the Commercial scene. Great work.

Fifey
That's great news Brian. Seems all OK behind the Commercial scene. Great work.

It would be if the twat Hamilton wasn't involved

You and Zak do a lot of good work as well. So can you not just give it a rest.
Everybody is trying to work for the club and posting negative comments like this is totally unnecessary.

There are those that will be quite happy to see the new regime fail and by posting like this you are playing into their hands. If you don't like him ignore and avoid him. How would you like it if someone came on and made comments like this about you. I'm sure you wouldn't be happy. Given his position as Vice Chairman he will not be coming on here to trade insults in response.

Moderators was there not a direction made about people making personal insults on the forum. Could you please look at this and clarify the rules for everybody please.

Well said. People need to move on from petty bickering.

Hamilton has stabbed every chairman he has worked under in the back,lee will be no different
He wull do the same to him, so I do not see any reason to praise him or defend him like yous are doing.

Zak
I do not see any reason to praise him or defend him.

I think thats the point Zak!!!

Do neither!!!

No one will convince me that Hamilton is good for East Fife and I wish he wasn't involved. However he has been appointed and for the time being I will just have to get over it I suppose. If he had anything about him he would leave of his own accord, but I doubt thats going to happen

Lesley
You and Zak do a lot of good work as well. So can you not just give it a rest.
Everybody is trying to work for the club and posting negative comments like this is totally unnecessary.

There are those that will be quite happy to see the new regime fail and by posting like this you are playing into their hands. If you don't like him ignore and avoid him. How would you like it if someone came on and made comments like this about you. I'm sure you wouldn't be happy. Given his position as Vice Chairman he will not be coming on here to trade insults in response.

Moderators was there not a direction made about people making personal insults on the forum. Could you please look at this and clarify the rules for everybody please.

Are you Hamilton in disguise ?

Personally think he should be applauded for his efforts in selling out the match ball sponsorships.

Albert Tatlock
Personally think he should be applauded for his efforts in selling out the match ball sponsorships.

Are you hamilton in diguise

Davie Hamilton has burned a lot of bridges in his previous times at Bayview and there will be a lot of fans that won't forget stuff that's happened.

It's going to be hard for him to build up any sort of trust or support from some of our fans and they're entitled to feel like that.

Personal abuse towards the guy on here isn't really going to help anyone though.

Best thing to do is just to ignore him if that's how you feel about him, which is what I'd ask you all to do.

We're not going to heavily moderate, but if it gets too personal then we will.

Ultimately, whether you like the guy or not, he's here to do a job and we should all be rallying together to build our once proud club back up again.

For all his previous faults, he seems to be doing a pretty good job in his new role and I hope he succeeds.

Still doesn't mean I won't forget the past.

Why did Brian not just put it on the official website,instead of putting it on here we are not interested in hamilton.

Because it's a good news story. A sign of success and part of the promised transparency from the board.

Plus we need to get that info, especially around still available opportunities, out to as many people and via as many mediums as possible.

Aye Whatever,But why was it not put on the official website then.

Change the record Zak. Ignore him and move on.

Dont expect to see Hamilton on the 1938 bus any time soon then?

Brian doesn't do the official website and he thought it would be good to share a bit of positive news with everybody. If you look at the time of his post he just had a late night thought about it and decided to share.

Was this the wrong thing to do? Maybe folk can clarify if they want to hear about things like this or if it would be better keeping quiet.

The Portugal posts were all well received and created a bit of a buzz and a good feeling about the club. Then the next week back to the same old stuff.

I am delighted that information is being shared more widely.

Commuication has improve hugely since the take over, keep it up!

Lesley, Ignore one or two fans with personal grudges. Most fans are happy to hear this sort of positive news coming out of the club. Good progress

Lesley
Brian doesn't do the official website and he thought it would be good to share a bit of positive news with everybody. If you look at the time of his post he just had a late night thought about it and decided to share.

Was this the wrong thing to do? Maybe folk can clarify if they want to hear about things like this or if it would be better keeping quiet.

The Portugal posts were all well received and created a bit of a buzz and a good feeling about the club. Then the next week back to the same old stuff.

To be fair I dont think anyone was having a go at Brian. I've never heard anyone being critical about him, whereas DH on the other hand......

Lesley

The Portugal stuff was great,but it was also posted on the offical webesite.

It was posted here first then copied from here to the official site. Was the easiest way to do it considering the busy schedules they had. Otherwise it would have had to be emailed to the club then posted when there was time. This way was quicker. Whoever transferred the post to the official site could have done the same with his last post. Obviously they chose not to, probably given the negative response.

Lots of info.....dont care where it is...keep takin the pills