Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Craig Johnstone

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
LIST OF SUSPENSIONS
ISSUE NO. 44: THURSDAY 30 MAY 2013
CRAIG JOHNSTONE (EAST FIFE F.C.) 1 SFL FIRST TEAM MATCH FROM 29/05/2013

The basic defensive mistakes that Johnstone made yesterday in the first period of ET highlight that we need a proper left back. This is a problem that has been carried over from last season. If Johnstone is suspended then I think this is an ideal opportunity to find someone that can do the job properly.

I know that Johnstone is a local lad and he is popular with the supporters, but he can't do the job and we need to find someone who can.

Re: Craig Johnstone

We should try and get Reece Donaldson on loan from Raith. Quality full back with good pace, available for loan as far as I know.

Agree. Stoney great player on his day but makes too many silly mistakes.

Seems he had a bad day at the office yesterday but he's been out most consistent player for the last two seasons, so lets not all join the queue to kick him when he's down. He's our captain so we should be getting behind him, and I'm sure he and the management will work on his shortcomings. That all said, I do feel some competition at both full back positions are needed.

Where is Matthew Park these days?We had him on loan from Hearts a couple of seasons ago.

DIB
Where is Matthew Park these days?We had him on loan from Hearts a couple of seasons ago.

I know that he was taking a break from the game due to knee problems. That was a few months back, not sure if he's back playing now.

He was actually left one on one on a few occasions and two on one at least twice.

He was constantly telling (no 10) not to shut down their right back. As when no. 10 was sucked in their right midfield simply moved into the empty space and took the pass from the right back.

Its a simple shape issue, not Stoneys fault. Heard him shouting at this guy quite a few times.

Takes time to settle in. Mcbride injured? so this was a new pairing. Should have this sorted during preseason. No.10 (Cyrus??) just arrived at the club?

Nades shorts
We should try and get Reece Donaldson on loan from Raith. Quality full back with good pace, available for loan as far as I know.

Not aware of Donaldson being available for loan.
He wasn't in our 16 last Saturday or yesterday, but he will feature at some point as our squad is pretty thin.
Ironically, Donaldson probably had his best game in a Rovers jersey playing at centre half in the recent friendly against Hibs.
Left backs are pretty thin on the ground right across the leagues just now- I didn't particularly care for either of our last two ( Malone now at Stenny and Dyer now at Dundee). The boy Booth we have on loan from Hibs looks pretty decent so far, but time will tell.

Fifer
LIST OF SUSPENSIONS

The basic defensive mistakes that Johnstone made yesterday in the first period of ET highlight that we need a proper left back. This is a problem that has been carried over from last season. If Johnstone is suspended then I think this is an ideal opportunity to find someone that can do the job properly.

I know that Johnstone is a local lad and he is popular with the supporters, but he can't do the job and we need to find someone who can.

I thought that after your opinion on how badly Craig played ( penpal was a bit more constructive than you) there might have been a few lines on some of the more positive aspects e.g. Brown,Grieve and Austin as well as good performances from several senior players but you seem happy to live on the negatives.

Ok he did fek it up in ET but that no 10 was utter mince. He could nothing with the ball just ran with some of the poorest attempts at deliveries you will see. When stoney got the ball inLb position instead of going to try and. Get a touch or a 1-2 or he just ran off and with no 6 hiding stoney had nothing and ended up under pressure. The fucking manager stood and watched this time after time and did nothing. How Cyrus was not replaced I don' t know. Too much tan, gel and prancing. Harsh yep but he was contributing greatly to us having no outlet from defence and for giving it away. Ps I would start fashion next week after his cameo brought us to life. Well done son

Stonie has come on leaps and bounds in his new defensive role recently. I'm sure he'll have been the first to hold his hands up for the mistake leading to Morton's fourth goal but he'll learn from that decision making error.

BT
Ok he did fek it up in ET but that no 10 was utter mince. He could nothing with the ball just ran with some of the poorest attempts at deliveries you will see. When stoney got the ball inLb position instead of going to try and. Get a touch or a 1-2 or he just ran off and with no 6 hiding stoney had nothing and ended up under pressure. The fucking manager stood and watched this time after time and did nothing. How Cyrus was not replaced I don' t know. Too much tan, gel and prancing. Harsh yep but he was contributing greatly to us having no outlet from defence and for giving it away. Ps I would start fashion next week after his cameo brought us to life. Well done son

Can't argue with any of that! Ps its Fash though not Fashion!

Everyone has a bad game. He'll bounce back.

Watched the Gaffers post game interview and laughed when he said Cyrus had a good game. I honestly couldn't count the number of times he was in a fantastic position for a cross and it was blazed wide. Shocking! Still, first game and all that.

I'd love to see Dutot at right back and push Durie to right mid! It could unearth the Gareth Bale in him!

Nades shorts

The club must have another left back in the squad, be it an older/younger player to cover that position, so no need for any loan signings.

DIB

This is a fantastic shout, the guy is class and perhaps the Gaffer knows him from his Hearts days!!!

Definitely worth a shout or to see if he is up to it!!!

Not The Other Chairman
Fifer
LIST OF SUSPENSIONS

I thought that after your opinion on how badly Craig played ( penpal was a bit more constructive than you) there might have been a few lines on some of the more positive aspects e.g. Brown,Grieve and Austin as well as good performances from several senior players but you seem happy to live on the negatives.

I agree there was a lot of positive, but I think the left back position has been a problem for a while and that was the reason for my post.

I have no problem with Johnstone. I don't doubt his application or his desire to win. I just don't think he is suited to playing left back.

Can anyone clarify if Johnstone is carrying forward a suspension from last season, and if he is do we have anyone in our squad who is a natural LB? I don't think we do, and I think this is probably why Stonie has been playing at LB in the first place.

King Kebab
DIB

This is a fantastic shout, the guy is class and perhaps the Gaffer knows him from his Hearts days!!!

Definitely worth a shout or to see if he is up to it!!!

i would love to see Park back at left-back, strengthen that area of the park against Dunfermline and others with his pace and height at LB. Scored a cracker against Aberdeen for us in the cup its a real shame he hasnt got a club to play for and it would be worth a crack permantely at us though he might no have the same level of fitness but am sure the coaches will put him back on track.

PLAYER DETAILS ON SKY SPORTS.com
Name Matthew Park
Age 25
Club Free-Agent
Position Defender
Born Melbourne, Australia
Player rating 5.0
Clubs: Hearts & East Fife(Loan) before released by Hearts.