Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Things the club are doing well.

I was initially wary of the takeover at East Fife, but aside from a few minor issues whilst the new guys find their feet I think the club is doing really well on a number of fronts. There's a lot of negativity posted online nowadays and I thought it would be good for fans to highlight areas where the club is really excelling now.

Social media - the Twitter and Facebook stuff has been a breath of fresh air, feels like the club is constantly accessible and in touch. I know a couple of volunteer fans are behind this and they are doing a great job with the news and the updates from the games. The club website seems to be much more active now too.

Film & audio - Graeme's match highlights are first class and the guy has a fantastic talent, the club should do everything it can to hold on to him. The video and audio (Bayview Bites) stuff are brilliant too, especially the variety of players now speaking to the fans through these channels.

Listening to fans - The club took on board criticism of the Dunfermline vouchers issue and altered it. When would we ever have seen anything like that happen in the past?

The strip - Love the new jersey, although any chance of white shorts to top it off?

Commercial - the club is building bridges with local businesses and getting the community onside, for too many years now we've heard how local businesses were f@cked over by East Fife and don't want anything to do with them. At last this seems to be changing.

Youth system - The Portugal stuff was heartwarming and when you see how many young guys at all ages we now have on the books that's just the tip of the iceberg. This is the only long term way a club our size will succeed and its great to see youth development being taken so seriously and a system being put together in such a professional manner.

Re: Things the club are doing well.

Agree with all of that. It will take time for things to all come together but this is certainly the most positive I've felt about East Fife for ages.

NOT so well - just a small thing but this year the steak pies have less steak, less gravy, less taste but cost more. The Bovril is just hot coloured water. If the pie stalls are "in house" this year time to order from last year's supplier.

Yep you are spot on things going in the right direction in all of those departments. Young Grieve was decent when he came on on Saturday. Fash was also decent big Joe is one of the most honest players who is committed to every tackle. Could rival Stuart Burgess for me who was one of my boyhood favourites. Keeper made some decent stops, the French boy should be playing in centre mid could be good if we could sort minefield out. Big job for the new gaffer not easy with such a big turn over.

I don't mind paying the going price for a pie but £1.50 for a bovril is taking the piss. What was it last season? 80p? C'mon EF, bovril should be a pound maximum, no more. Oh and listen to the fans..........WHITE SHORTS!

Ya bunch o misers.......Wait till you see what it costs at ibrox or even east end .... it cost`s yi £2 just to park the car and £15 to get in at Dunfermline... aye but at least the Bovril is only £1.20...

Not beating the Rovers for the last twenty four years

We demand macaroni pies!
The mince ones at Bayview are awful!

Oh and white shorts

Everything else, carry on please....

thot we were gettin sky tv in the bars ??

Super Joe - it's 25 years and counting since East Fife beat the Rovers. Last win was in April 1988. Same season as the 7-1 at Starks.

I wouldn't know LR, I wasn't born then as a child of 1989. Although I do know that we've played more European games than league games against East Fife since 1990.

Super Joe
I wouldn't know LR, I wasn't born then as a child of 1989. Although I do know that we've played more European games than league games against East Fife since 1990.

I was born before then actually ( a child of 1951)and funnily enough, I do know that we have won more League and Scottish Cups than major cup finals your lot have even been in, in over 100 years!

Levenmouth Rover
Super Joe - it's 25 years and counting since East Fife beat the Rovers. Last win was in April 1988. Same season as the 7-1 at Starks.

To make up for it, how about we destroy you next time we meet?