Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cyrus moosavi

Been doing Some digging on our number 10 against Morton. He's 22, Iranian/Scottish and is one of Scotland's top male models. He's known in hong kong after his shoots for Abercrombie.

Re: Cyrus moosavi

Not that I spend my Sunday nights looking for pictures of male models or anything.

I thought i would speak to a few guys who have actually seen him play more than the once i have, once the laughter had settled down they told me he was'nt very good,

He played for our youth side a good few seasons ago, where did you sign him from?

Noisy crossbar
Not that I spend my Sunday nights looking for pictures of male models or anything.

We only have your word on that.

Tell me yer joking we have not got some Cowdenbeath youth team DUD starting for us incredible. We know where tis is going don't we. EAST FIFE cha cha cha we better start singing to get the ones who can grind it out to react.

Nothing like slaughtering one of our own players eh...

Listen shorts it's all about standing up and being counted. He was poor on Saturday unacceptable. In my mind everyone gets a second chance but after watching what happened last year if you want to wait until we are in a hole to start talking sense fine. Me na no chance grieve was good Fash was also good as was Joe but Cyrus does not look the standard we need. Remember Gilly on the right, that's the standard we need. Oh and buy the way shorts how long have you been a fife fan LOL I know who Your are LOL

So once you start slating a player on the internet you're getting things sorted. Okay then.

Last week it was fash slagged this week its Stonie and Cyrus who going to slag next week,are yous going to slag a different player every week you have to give players a chance,The club is going in the right direction,the manager has to be given time to get a settled team and hopefully we will have a few of our coloured chaps playing for us soon,big Joe was the man of the match young Fash was really good when he came on the keeper had some really good saves Stonie done his job stopping the goal and getting sent off for it,and the keeper made a good save from the penalty just a pity we were slow off the mark for the rebound we got caught out pushing up and trying to win the game I really enjoyed our fightback and hope we can go on to better things now the season is about to start.

I agree with BT. More fans should stand up and be counted,put our heads above the parapet,stick our necks out and grab the bull by the horns by anonymously slagging of players on an unofficial website. An alternative would have been to speak face to face with the manager and tell him what you think of his decision to play Cyrus Moosavi but you obviously prefer to live dangerously.

zak
Last week it was fash slagged this week its Stonie and Cyrus who going to slag next week,are yous going to slag a different player every week you have to give players a chance,The club is going in the right direction,the manager has to be given time to get a settled team and hopefully we will have a few of our coloured chaps playing for us soon,big Joe was the man of the match young Fash was really good when he came on the keeper had some really good saves Stonie done his job stopping the goal and getting sent off for it,and the keeper made a good save from the penalty just a pity we were slow off the mark for the rebound we got caught out pushing up and trying to win the game I really enjoyed our fightback and hope we can go on to better things now the season is about to start.

"coloured chaps" ?

Someone needs to venture out of the last century!

BT
Listen shorts it's all about standing up and being counted. He was poor on Saturday unacceptable. In my mind everyone gets a second chance but after watching what happened last year if you want to wait until we are in a hole to start talking sense fine. Me na no chance grieve was good Fash was also good as was Joe but Cyrus does not look the standard we need. Remember Gilly on the right, that's the standard we need. Oh and buy the way shorts how long have you been a fife fan LOL I know who Your are LOL

You mean you stand up when on your computer writing this pish? Just so you know, nobody can see you standing up mate in front of your computer!

Who exactly are you? Identify yourself on Saturday next, by standing up and letting the rest of us know! I don't remember seeing anybody standing up and being counted on Saturday past? Go on, I dare you, do it at the Dunfy game!

fud muncher
zak

"coloured chaps" ?

Someone needs to venture out of the last century!

Exactly! I think the term you are looking for is "non-honky".

( I was sitting down when I wrote this comment)

GOF you need to get a grip of this bloody site. Now racist language is ok. I'm sure the french guys will be happy to read this crap.

I haven't seen anything racist.

An inappropriate phrase maybe, and non PC phrase to use in 2013 yes, but Zak certainly didn't say it with any racial undertones that I read.

And I somehow don't think our French players are sitting reading AFTN.

But if they are, bonjour and welcome to Bayview.

Nothing to do with zaks comment but if honky is non racist in your eyes its indicative of the values of this site.

That was clearly an ironic joke on Noisy Crossbar's part in a Stewart Lee style format.

If it truly offends people then it can be taken down, but knowing Noisy Crossbar, it's obviously not done in a racist way.

Yes I'm sure all the players will know the anonymous noisy crossbar and be totally encouraged you are interpreting his thinking

So what do you say if not coloured .I am not being racist

I get fed up with all this pc and the changing words which become pc racist. Is it ok to call a black person black or shpuld it be coloured, I think I have heard other alternatives for attempts to be non-racst. The word negro used to be a perfectly acceptable term as it described a racial type but is it now not acceptable or like it's slang and derogatory other n word? Now if coloured is the now acceptable term it does not adequately descibe the individual and identifies anyone who is not white and to my mind is more racist, as anyone who is non white is different and by implication is inferior or possibly superior depending on context.

I would like to be able to see words used to descibe individuals correctly and as long as not derogatory be held to be non racist and not be termed racist as some pc groups portray them.

Should I say this as it held to be racist but it's origin has nothing to do with race or even people. In other words I would like to use the Engish language correctly for all descriptions and " call a spade a spade".

Hope I haven't offended anyone's sensablities.

Its nothing to do with coloured its to do with Honky if you want to use the English words correctly look up African Asian or Chinese

BT
Tell me yer joking we have not got some Cowdenbeath youth team DUD starting for us incredible. We know where tis is going don't we. EAST FIFE cha cha cha we better start singing to get the ones who can grind it out to react.

He was part of our under 17 squad which won their League Cup in 2008 and played a couple for seasons for the 19s.

Wasn't the best of players for us tbh.

Sorry if you are offended Martin non-white.

Is a white "jock" using the term "honky" really that racist. MTV don't seem to have an issue with black men using the N-word, and neither do I.

I don't think I'm a racist - I've got friends who are white.

In all seriousness Martin, I think you are being overly sensitive on this one.

My use of the term was intended to poke fun at the uber-pc types, but I guess it went beyond a poke for you and I'm sorry that you were offended.

I'll refrain from using the term again.

Racism is clearly an issue and I'm glad to say that in my lifetime I've seen it being successfully tackled. It's 25 years since Mark Walters had to endure Scottish football fans throwing banana's at him - there's no way that would be tolerated today. Hopefully in the next 25 years we can overcome sectarianism, sexism and homophobia.

Why are some people grouping players by the tone of their complexion in the first place?
That certainly is offensive!
Is it ok to talk about players as being the catholic or protestant ones as well?

I don't think anything was said maliciously but folk really need to be careful.

Agree with Soc. Thread sheould probably be deleted to avoid further offence or misunderstanding.

martin black
Its nothing to do with coloured its to do with Honky if you want to use the English words correctly look up African Asian or Chinese

I don't know what orifice you are talking out of but it certainly isn't your mouth. I AM SICK TO DEATH OF PATRONISING CONDESCENDING TWATS LIKE YOU USING PC LANGUAGE AS AN EXCUSE TO DICTATE TO PEOPLE WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YAH EGO-MANIAC.

Well, it was only a matter of time

Just as a matter ov interst in case any of yous didnt no that the word honky was first used by black people to describe smelly white people so its an anti white racist term

Correct, 'honky' is a derogatory term for whites. It's origins are unclear but it is used by asians in London too (I don't live in London btw).

I am often called a 'honky' by my asian friends but it is just banter and doesn't bother me to be honest.

Bette Noir
Correct, 'honky' is a derogatory term for whites. It's origins are unclear but it is used by asians in London too (I don't live in London btw).

I am often called a 'honky' by my asian friends but it is just banter and doesn't bother me to be honest.

I bet you're often called arsehole, moron and fuckwit too but being a thick (white) skinned EDL supporting type I guess that doesn't bother you too.

fact is,some people make £$millions using the N word,some people lose it all and are condemned for ever for using it.
Any brainnbox want to explain how that can be.......

So after reading this I am at a loss to how it desended into a racist discussion. Maybe because I thought Cyrus was a gel boy poser with a tan and not player. There was no racist element intended. as I said everyone gets and deserves a second chance. The fact that no one has really disagreed with the opinion on the player. What seems to be the case that we want to make out that you can't have an opinion. what makes me laugh is the come out from behind your keyboard comment... Ffs did you not know this site is for people with a problem. Think about it, you support East Fife, give up your money and time to watch them and then sir on li,allne talking about them in arguments with fellow supporters of the same club. Lol love you all x so guys what's the default stting? Everything is ok and players should all get a league medal this year. By the way I did praise grieve, fash and Joe in my message so it's not all negative....

Barack Obama .known worldwide as the first black president of the united states of America , this term is used by African Americans, not racist in any way . When filling in forms for ethnic origin , i tick the boxes WHITE,the last time i looked my skin was not WHITE , but pinky/brown in summer , sometimes red . Some people need to stop looking for racist remarks , just to cause trouble , or being SO CALLED PC .

Fine saying no harm was intended, I'm not over sensitive about it but it leaves me feeling queasy.
The black ones, the yellow ones, the brown ones? They're people, not fucking jelly babies!
Totally unnecessary. Show some respect!

The Dude
Bette Noir

I bet you're often called arsehole, moron and fuckwit too but being a thick (white) skinned EDL supporting type I guess that doesn't bother you too.

Yes but only by jealous, badly-educated, semi-illiterates who go around offending people simply because they lack the ability to discuss anything without resorting to personal insults.

By the way, I thought your articles were both tedious to read and completely lacking in humour. In short, rather drab. Don't give up the day job is my advice to you 'Dude'.

Don't shoot the messenger but the phrase 'coloured' is, in fact, considered an offensive racist term and I suggest to moderators that the post be removed forthwith from this site. It makes no difference that the author/ publisher/message board owner didn't consider or intend it to be racist. It is also no defence that the phrase was used in all innocence; that's not how the criminal law works in the area of race relations.

Zak

No-one is accusing you of being racist Zac. Your comment is more born out of innocent ignorance more than anything else and i didn't mean for this thread to go the way it has.

To answer your question "coloured" should be replaced by black players or if you are uneasy about that then perhaps foreign players would suffice.
We`re all the same underneath.

Peace to the world brother.

Fud Muncher
Zak

No-one is accusing you of being racist Zac. Your comment is more born out of innocent ignorance more than anything else and i didn't mean for this thread to go the way it has.

To answer your question "coloured" should be replaced by black players or if you are uneasy about that then perhaps foreign players would suffice.
We`re all the same underneath.

Peace to the world brother.

The closest you have ever come to munching fud was when your mother calfed. It's pretty obvious to real men that you have never been with a woman in your life.

You are quite pathetic Ian.
I feel very sorry for you.

GOF

On behalf of everyone else on here, please re-ban this unsavoury numpty.

I love that you let pretty much most things fly on here, but Bette Noir and the other names he has gone under, continues to be an embarrassment to the Fife support.

This would be a much better place without him ripping in to his fellow supporters like above.

As fud muncher says, I feel very sorry for him, but not enough to let him spoil this forum for the rest of us.

I usually disagree entirely with anything which Bette Noir in various guises
posts on here. However this forum has been set up to allow anyone to post whatever they want anonymously under as many names as they want and there have been some crackers. You have got what you wished for.
The administrators have seen fit to leave these particular posts in so is it now up to the same anonymous posters who enjoy almost unlimited freedom of speech to decide what is acceptable ?

New message for posters :
Any extreme views can be posted here as long as they are acceptable to the extemists who post them.
I would just like to say I was absolutely disgusted by "Auld Geezer's" view on pie quality and he should be banned.

Without a doubt Exile aka Bette aka Ian is the forum lowlife and should be ignored if not banned.
This guy has serious issues and one has to wonder about his mental state/age.
He is a Very sad little man.

Not The Other Chairman

I would just like to say I was absolutely disgusted by "Auld Geezer's" view on pie quality and he should be banned.

ANDY
Without a doubt Exile aka Bette aka Ian is the forum lowlife and should be ignored if not banned.
This guy has serious issues and one has to wonder about his mental state/age.
He is a Very sad little man.

Let me get this right. It's perfectly OK for various posters (or maybe just one or two) to make highly offensive comments (like you've just done) but you're down my throat if I respond in any way whatsoever. Of course, when I do respond, there is a call for me to be banned but not the people who write the offensive comments in the first place. I call that good old fashioned bullying.

Just to repeat the pattern: I write something fairly innocuous, Someone like Fud Muncher/SPF comes back with an offensive personal comment, I respond albeit mildly, then there are calls for me to be banned from the site. Why not call for them to be banned? Shall I tell you why? Because for all your all-inclusive liberal attitude you purport to have, you are nothing but a cyber bully. That's picking on someone because they happen to be different from you; and you have the nerve to wonder about my mental state!

The fact of the matter is that I support East Fife probably longer than you have. Kerriann or GoF can ban me if they like but I'll still support East Fife. You can beat me up outside the ground and I'll still be back. East Fife is just as much my club than any other supporter. Maybe if you were a bit more inclusive and less nasty to people then fans will start coming back to watch games.

I don't live in the same country as you and I have a different perspective on things. If you can't appreciate someone else's point of view other than your own then can I respectfully suggest that it is you with the maturity problem?

I think if you feel that strongly about it 'Andy' - if that's your real name - then next time I'm up (and I'll let you know in advance), you can bully me face to face. I look forward to it.

Bette Noir
The Dude
Bette Noir

Yes but only by jealous, badly-educated, semi-illiterates who go around offending people simply because they lack the ability to discuss anything without resorting to personal insults.

By the way, I thought your articles were both tedious to read and completely lacking in humour. In short, rather drab. Don't give up the day job is my advice to you 'Dude'.

Don't shoot the messenger but the phrase 'coloured' is, in fact, considered an offensive racist term and I suggest to moderators that the post be removed forthwith from this site. It makes no difference that the author/ publisher/message board owner didn't consider or intend it to be racist. It is also no defence that the phrase was used in all innocence; that's not how the criminal law works in the area of race relations.

So why have you not called for 'The Dude' to be banned for his comments Andy?

All quiet on the cyber bullying front I see.

greyguy
fact is,some people make £$millions using the N word,some people lose it all and are condemned for ever for using it.
Any brainnbox want to explain how that can be.......

Just like i thought,loads of bigmouth brainbox know-it-alls on here but no response.

thats me banned then.