Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WHAT THE ACTUAL F....?!?!

a couldny help but notice the fact that the official East Fife facebook had posted "Eid Mubarak to any East Fife fans celebrating today!" relating to a Muslim celebration not even 3 months after the death of Lee Rigby at the hand of Muslims.

Let me get this straight before everycunt starts going mental at me am no racist far fi it but for ma local team to post that pish after all the terrorist threats and terrorist attacks followed by Muslim grooming rings and shit is diabolical am absolutely scunnered and contemplating staying as far away fi the dungfermline game as possible even though ave already bought ma ticket!!!

Re: WHAT THE ACTUAL F....?!?!

East Fife are a community club and have want to be inclusive. So I gather it would be alright to say happy St Patricks day or Happy St Andrews day. So get a grip. If you don't want to come to a match then that is up to you. It does make you racist though.

Muslim is a religion not a race so no am no racist its left wing narrow mindedness like that that has fucked the country up what has st patrick got to do with methil? and aye it would be alright to say happy st andrews day at least hes fucking scottish!

Get a grip
East Fife are a community club and have want to be inclusive. So I gather it would be alright to say happy St Patricks day or Happy St Andrews day. So get a grip. If you don't want to come to a match then that is up to you. It does make you racist though.

So we'll look forward to celebrating Yom Kippur on the 25th of September then.

Saint Andrew originated from Palestine you numpty

I'm glad that East Fife (and other institutions across the UK - including the Prime Minister) tweeted warm regards to those celebrating Eid.

It shows a progressive and inclusive culture is being fostered in our society and I think that's a good thing. If eid means nothing to you, its OK, you can ignore the tweet. If the tweet offends you, then you really need to get a grip of yourself.

As for your comments regarding the murder of Lee Rigby..... that doesn't even merit a response.

I wonder if any of the world's atrocities are committed by those that celebrate Christmas?

Paul Raymond
Saint Andrew originated from Palestine you numpty

....aye but....ehh.......ehhh.... "WE ARE THE PEOPLE".

Incredible stupidity from the OP. What on Earth does Lee Rigby have to do with anything? Didn't realise he was murdered by any Muslims that support or play for East Fife.

Yet another thread on here for embarrassing drivel to be spouted on.

REALLY?!
a couldny help but notice the fact that the official East Fife facebook had posted "Eid Mubarak to any East Fife fans celebrating today!" relating to a Muslim celebration not even 3 months after the death of Lee Rigby at the hand of Muslims.

Let me get this straight before everycunt starts going mental at me am no racist far fi it but for ma local team to post that pish after all the terrorist threats and terrorist attacks followed by Muslim grooming rings and shit is diabolical am absolutely scunnered and contemplating staying as far away fi the dungfermline game as possible even though ave already bought ma ticket!!!

I hope there are thousands of Muslim East Fife fans and millions more all over the world from all religious or non religious backgrounds. I worked in a Muslim country and hope I managed to convert quite a few of them to the mighty Fife myself. I hope you do indeed stay away from New Bayview, you are very obviously a daily mail reading bufoon!

Happy Eid Mubarak everyone.

Wiggy

Happy Eid Mubarak everyone.

Ahhhh....there it is again.....my eyes are burning just reading it...... what's next.....east fife twitter encouraging loads of immigrants to come and steal our jobs.

REALLY?!
contemplating staying as far away fi the dungfermline game as possible even though ave already bought ma ticket!!!

What section is your ticket for - is it the far right?

Noisy Crossbar
I'm glad that East Fife (and other institutions across the UK - including the Prime Minister) tweeted warm regards to those celebrating Eid.

It shows a progressive and inclusive culture is being fostered in our society and I think that's a good thing. If eid means nothing to you, its OK, you can ignore the tweet. If the tweet offends you, then you really need to get a grip of yourself.

As for your comments regarding the murder of Lee Rigby..... that doesn't even merit a response.

I wonder if any of the world's atrocities are committed by those that celebrate Christmas?

Eid Mubarak from Bahrain

GoF, mods, anyone. This thread has too much potential to turn ridiculous.

Gonnae punt it?

REALLY?!

I demand that this is deleted immediately by the Administrators. The disgraceful spelling and grammar make it quite clear it was written by a Johnny Foreigner trying to pass himself off as a rational EF supporter.

Big Fifer

Gonnae punt it?

goney keep it.... the original poster should at least be given the opportunity to respond.

Anyway, AFTN is at its best when it gets ridiculous.

Noisy Crossbar
Big Fifer

Gonnae punt it?

goney keep it.... the original poster should at least be given the opportunity to respond.

Haha you do make a valid point.

Big Fifer
Noisy Crossbar
Big Fifer

Gonnae punt it?

Haha you do make a valid point.

So far it's okay. I think we'll be keeping a close eye on this though. It does have the potential to go t*ts up!

Kerriann
It does have the potential to go t*ts up!

Now we get sexist comments - from a Mod no less. Is there no sanctuary from this hate !?!?

Fadi the Fifer
Noisy Crossbar

Eid Mubarak from Bahrain

What position does this boy Mubarak play in then?

REALLY?!

Well said that man! You have the total support of the silent majority.

As I say, I look forward to celebrating Yom Kippur and I will be writing to The Club to confirm that they will do so. I'm sure my leftie chums will be more than happy to join in and embrace this. I look forward to them confirming their willingness to supporting the Jewish Festival in September in this thread.

haha anyone who feels the need to claim they are not racist most likely are racist.

interested
haha anyone who feels the need to claim they are not racist most likely are racist.

So fucking what? Racist/anti-racist, they are opinions. Got a problem with people having their say?

Right Thinking

That silent majority are a fickle bunch. They told ME that I had their total support!

If the silent majority now have spokespersons to they cease to be a silent majority

Noisy Crossbar
Right Thinking

That silent majority are a fickle bunch. They told ME that I had their total support!

Well Noisy Crossbar, here's your chance to show support for social inclusion and confirm that you look forward to celebrating the Jewish feast of Yum Kippur in September.

Please confirm by return. A simple 'yes' will do.

Right Thinking
Noisy Crossbar
Right Thinking

Well Noisy Crossbar, here's your chance to show support for social inclusion and confirm that you look forward to celebrating the Jewish feast of Yum Kippur in September.

Is it yum, or yom as you originally posted?

Maybe yum kippur was you posting about going to the chippy for your tea?

Right Thinking
Noisy Crossbar
Right Thinking

I couldn't give a monkey's cock about yum kippur. I'm not celebrating Eid either. Doesn't mean I have an objection to it though.

Looks like the world isn't as black and white (or white only) as you may like it to be.

Right Thinking
Noisy Crossbar
Right Thinking

What's the difference between wishing someone a Happy Christmas and Eid Mubarak?

"am no racist far fi it"

You do a damn good impression of one then.
Maybe some of our foreign signings are respecting this particular event at the moment and the club wants to recognise this.

Away back to the dark ages you absolute fud.

A Trialist

Away back to the dark ages you absolute fud.

The dark ages! As in the crusades! No need for islamaphobic statements like that.

Right Thinking
REALLY?!

As I say, I look forward to celebrating Yom Kippur and I will be writing to The Club to confirm that they will do so. I'm sure my leftie chums will be more than happy to join in and embrace this. I look forward to them confirming their willingness to supporting the Jewish Festival in September in this thread.

I'm a bit sceptical about all this. What exactly did the silent majority not say to you ? What is even more worrying is that two rational EF supporters may not be attending the game.
By the way where can you buy a grooming ring ? (it's for a friend)

To be a racist ye have to think that wan race is superior fi another and a dinny like a said far fi it Muslim isnny a race its a religion and theres loads of folk that have converted fi Muslim simply because of the hate it teaches

Right folks, I'm getting a bit nervous about this thread as there are posts coming in under different names from same people to try make good their point.

I'm going to lock it for now. And the other thread started in a similar vein.

If Mr GoF Boss totally disagrees, it's his baw and he can open it again!!!