Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Twitter & Facebook

Just to make everyone aware, the majority of Tweets from the club account recently have come from me and recently I have also been made an admin on the club Facebook account.

Just to clarify, I have no official connection to anyone at the club other than as a fan who is volunteering his time to help them engage with the fans better. There are a few others who are helping with things like match day updates etc when I can't do it.

Some of the stuff posted is because the club has asked me to post it and some of the posts (including 1 in particular this morning) are just things that I think will make the club appear open and inclusive and welcoming to all sections of society.

In the interests of openness and transparency I'd like to invite anyone who would like to comment on anything they see posted to email me directly on eastfifetwitter@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to engage in dialogue with them. This includes any suggestions people may have as to how the social media can be used better or differently as well as any issues that people may have with what they see.

I am aware that these accounts are the official voice of EFFC therefore if anyone at the club has an issue with what is being posted I'm sure they would let me know and I would do as they suggested. This hasn't happened so far.

Re: Twitter & Facebook

Doing a great job Ewan. Absolutely nothing wrong with what you said today. It's great to see the club reaching out to the community.

Really enjoying the EF twitter. It's why I joined.

doin great job on twitter mate... reallt=y encouraging to see so much interest.

The major difference between Twitter/ Facebook and here is you don't get folk ducking and diving under various names but as near as you can get to a "face to face" online debate. If you make an offensive/ borderline racist post then you can't really disappear into the ether then reappear as a balanced "friend or follower". It's more honest.

More power to yer elbow Ewan.

Very nice touch this morning!! Keep it up :)

As an exile the Twitter feed has been a great way to keep updated on the club. Keep up the good work. Thanks

Yes Good Stuff
My Muslim colleagues here were delighted with your open and inclusive post this morning when I brought it to their attention. They are not yet converted to The Fife but a strong marketing message was unleashed. They are talking about us.

You're doing a great job.

I also felt it was a great tweet Ewan . Perfect for the new dawn at bayview

Great stuff Ewan really positive for supporters