Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Freedom of speech

Seems freedom of speech becomes non existent on this site unless you toe the party lines of the moderators.We are all Fifers with different political and religious views and just because someone disagrees with Kerriannes or Tams outlook should this be a reason for shutting down a thread.

Re: Freedom of speech

Censorship
Seems freedom of speech becomes non existent on this site unless you toe the party lines of the moderators.We are all Fifers with different political and religious views and just because someone disagrees with Kerriannes or Tams outlook should this be a reason for shutting down a thread.

Please do spell my name right!

If you go back and have another look at my reason for locking the thread, you will read that I have not indicated my agreement or disagreement to what has been posted. You will also read that I was wary of posters posting under many guises and was leaving it to GoF to make a final decision.

I'm sure that you, being a poster who posts under many different user names to agree/disagree with an opinion will understand this.

Who doesn't post under different names on this site.I bet every subject covered on here has the posters posting with different names but they aren't closed.

Censorship
Who doesn't post under different names on this site.I bet every subject covered on here has the posters posting with different names but they aren't closed.

I'm not on for an argument. Tam n I are here to moderate. If you look at the amount of people we've banned/censored over the years we've been doing this, you would see it is minimal. If you read the forum rules, the thread that I locked is borderline to breaking those rules. Hence why I didn't condemnn what was posted but admitted I was nervous as to where it was heading.

As it stands, GoF has seen the thread and agrees with me.

If it was up to me and Tam, Bette Noir, Right thinking and the other ones would be banned and every alias that pops up after that would be banned also.

If it makes you feel better, keep flagging up how you think we are being power crazy moderators but I am confident that the stats over the years do not back up your claims.

This'll be me bowing out of this thread now.

Cheerio

I'll post more later when I'm back from work, but I'd like to know of another football forum in Scotland that allows as much freedom of speech as we do here.

If we were censoring, the post would have been deleted and not locked. It was left up for all to see and locked so it didn't generate into a complete slagging contest between the majority and the few/one.

Was there a backlash on Facebook from the aggrieved or was that just left for here under anonymity?

Censorship

One more thing.
If you are the silent majority why do you need to post under different names on the same thread to attempt to justify your pathetic racism?

Good night and grow up.

Kings of Fife please get your facts right before commenting.I never posted on the thread before.,Seems to me that you have a problem with anyone that disagrees with you. Think that its you that needs to grow up and realise there are people out there that have different views to you and have the right to express them just as much as you.

Isn't it ironic that in the past few days we've had people saying there's both too much and too little freedom of speech on the site.

The reality is probably that 99% of the users are happy with how it is.

Alanis Morissette
Isn't it ironic that in the past few days we've had people saying there's both too much and too little freedom of speech on the site.

The reality is probably that 99% of the users are happy with how it is.

Very true.

There's been some pish on here the last three days. Lee Rigby and teenage suicide victims being thrown up. Wow. Just wow.

People have died for us to have freedom of speech in this country. That's why I champion it so much and why I let a lot of stuff go on here. Probably too much I know.

Not sure how happy they'd be with the knowledge of modern day trolling and general online abuse.

That's what a football forum is all about. Everyone's different opinions. I'd just have a blog if it was all about what we thought.

If you don't like the rules or the policies we adopt or the values we uphold then no-one is making you visit here.

As I said above, please let me know which other Scottish fitba forums are so open and where you'd get to post some of the stuff that goes on here.

There's times when lines have to be drawn to stop our already small fanbase descending into damaging arguments, especially when it's not around football matters.

I love the humour that comes from stupid topic specific users names. That's why we've never gone down the sign up route. Well one of the reasons.

We regularly check threads to see if posters are posting under different names and it only becomes an issue when it's controversial subjects expressed by a minority trying to make it seem that more people feel that way.

If anyone doesn't like the very small amount of moderating we do on here or doesn't like that we don't do more, then please feel free to go post on that other East Fife forum that is more/less liberal to freedom of speech.

Then we have Bette going on about cyberbullying. Do you not read some of the pish and abuse you spout off to your fellow fans? All the I shagged your maw, you've never been near a woman etc etc, then the other bile. You don't see that as bullying when you launch in to such tirades against either East Fife fans or opposition fans? It's certainly hostile. Then we have all your 'iron' nonsense.

If you feel you are being bullied then please stay off the site for your own mental wellbeing.

I've had several emails in the last few days asking to ban you. I haven't, but stop acting like a fucking 12 year old. What happened to this realisation you said you had about life being too short, respecting people and all that?

If you do enough to piss off one of the other 4 mods on here, then I back them for dealing with it as they see fit and they've been told that.

The new board must read some of the stuff on here and wonder what the fuck they have taken on.

The only right wing and left wing stuff I really want to read is about on the pitch and our players tearing up and down them.

Censorship

I don't

Kerriann
Censorship

I'm not on for an argument. Tam n I are here to moderate. If you look at the amount of people we've banned/censored over the years we've been doing this, you would see it is minimal. If you read the forum rules, the thread that I locked is borderline to breaking those rules. Hence why I didn't condemnn what was posted but admitted I was nervous as to where it was heading.

If it was up to me and Tam, Bette Noir, Right thinking and the other ones would be banned and every alias that pops up after that would be banned also.

If it makes you feel better, keep flagging up how you think we are being power crazy moderators but I am confident that the stats over the years do not back up your claims.

Cheerio

I read Voltaire many years ago and I understand that he is attributed to saying "Sir, I do not believe in a word you say but I shall defend to my death your right to say it". That struck me as being very profound and it's my position on censorship.

I can't remember.

Right Thinking
Kerriann
Censorship

Cheerio

I read Voltaire many years ago and I understand that he is attributed to saying "Sir, I do not believe in a word you say but I shall defend to my death your right to say it". That struck me as being very profound and it's my position on censorship.

Then you are a fool sir! We live (supposedly) in a civilised society and some things should NOT be said.

Eh?
Right Thinking
Kerriann
Censorship

Cheerio

Then you are a fool sir! We live (supposedly) in a civilised society and some things should NOT be said.

Unless its something you agree with I suppose

Censorship
Eh?
Right Thinking
Kerriann
Censorship

Cheerio

Unless its something you agree with I suppose

There are limits on everything in life and free speech is no exception.

Kings of Fife
Censorship

One more thing.
If you are the silent majority why do you need to post under different names on the same thread to attempt to justify your pathetic racism?

Good night and grow up.

That wasn't me that posted! Looks like your cyber-bullying back-fired my friend. I have to change my name because as soon as I am identified, then the bullying starts. How dare I not stand there and take it; is that what you're saying? Fuck off.

Racist? Do you mean someone who doesn't believe in mass immigration, multi-culturalism, the continued rise of islam and the threat to European values then yup, that's me.

On the other hand, if you believe in millions more people coming into this already over-crowded island, the eventual marginalisation of the indigenous population (as has now happened in large parts of London), tolerating (and encouraging) a desert-based, oppresive, violent faith with a pretend god and an agenda of world conquest, rejecting European values such as democracy and freedom of speech then that's...errrr.....YOU! Guess what? The vast majority of people agree with me but are too frightened to say anything because of the draconian laws imposed by the nutty left.

Shit, you can't even solve the catholic/protestant thing. I bet you a pound to a penny you either support marching up and down wearing pathetic orange sashes or sing songs about Irish republicanism. Whichever one you are, you won't be seen dead with the other. You probably drink in a protestant or catholic pub but not be seen in the other one.

Fucking tolerant? Do me a fucking favour! You hate half the people in your own country because of their religion/ethnic background. If you're a catholic you don't get a job because the protestants make sure that they only hire one of their own. Fuck me and you have the fucking nerve to go on about 'racism' to me?

Fuck me, the amount of times I've been asked what school I went to when visiting Scotland on business or pleasure so that's a wide class range across the social strata so don't even think of pretending it isn't a MASSIVE problem in Scotland.

GoF
There's been some pish on here the last three days. Lee Rigby and teenage suicide victims being thrown up. Wow. Just wow.

People have died for us to have freedom of speech in this country. That's why I champion it so much and why I let a lot of stuff go on here. Probably too much I know.

Not sure how happy they'd be with the knowledge of modern day trolling and general online abuse.

That's what a football forum is all about. Everyone's different opinions. I'd just have a blog if it was all about what we thought.

If you don't like the rules or the policies we adopt or the values we uphold then no-one is making you visit here.

As I said above, please let me know which other Scottish fitba forums are so open and where you'd get to post some of the stuff that goes on here.

There's times when lines have to be drawn to stop our already small fanbase descending into damaging arguments, especially when it's not around football matters.

I love the humour that comes from stupid topic specific users names. That's why we've never gone down the sign up route. Well one of the reasons.

We regularly check threads to see if posters are posting under different names and it only becomes an issue when it's controversial subjects expressed by a minority trying to make it seem that more people feel that way.

If anyone doesn't like the very small amount of moderating we do on here or doesn't like that we don't do more, then please feel free to go post on that other East Fife forum that is more/less liberal to freedom of speech.

Then we have Bette going on about cyberbullying. Do you not read some of the pish and abuse you spout off to your fellow fans? All the I shagged your maw, you've never been near a woman etc etc, then the other bile. You don't see that as bullying when you launch in to such tirades against either East Fife fans or opposition fans? It's certainly hostile. Then we have all your 'iron' nonsense.

If you feel you are being bullied then please stay off the site for your own mental wellbeing.

I've had several emails in the last few days asking to ban you. I haven't, but stop acting like a fucking 12 year old. What happened to this realisation you said you had about life being too short, respecting people and all that?

If you do enough to piss off one of the other 4 mods on here, then I back them for dealing with it as they see fit and they've been told that.

The new board must read some of the stuff on here and wonder what the fuck they have taken on.

The only right wing and left wing stuff I really want to read is about on the pitch and our players tearing up and down them.

Yeah but my posts are just opinions then I get a tirade of abuse. I resond (because eventually you do under provocation) then I get accused of acting like a 12 year old - which is true. My issue is why is the provocative, offensive posts not criticised?

AS I've said and you've said, life's too short.

Then , no doubt, the nasty campaign will start with someone else. Not The Other

We are a day away from probably the most anticipated league season and an opener against one of our local rivals and yet we have shit threads like this. If you don't like the forum and are offended by people posting under multiple names, do you see that address bar at the top of the page? Don't type in aftn.co.uk. Some stuff on here is cringeworthy.

Right Thinking and Tory
Kings of Fife
Censorship

One more thing.

Good night and grow up.

That wasn't me that posted! Looks like your cyber-bullying back-fired my friend. I have to change my name because as soon as I am identified, then the bullying starts. How dare I not stand there and take it; is that what you're saying? Fuck off.

Racist? Do you mean someone who doesn't believe in mass immigration, multi-culturalism, the continued rise of islam and the threat to European values then yup, that's me.

On the other hand, if you believe in millions more people coming into this already over-crowded island, the eventual marginalisation of the indigenous population (as has now happened in large parts of London), tolerating (and encouraging) a desert-based, oppresive, violent faith with a pretend god and an agenda of world conquest, rejecting European values such as democracy and freedom of speech then that's...errrr.....YOU! Guess what? The vast majority of people agree with me but are too frightened to say anything because of the draconian laws imposed by the nutty left.

Shit, you can't even solve the catholic/protestant thing. I bet you a pound to a penny you either support marching up and down wearing pathetic orange sashes or sing songs about Irish republicanism. Whichever one you are, you won't be seen dead with the other. You probably drink in a protestant or catholic pub but not be seen in the other one.

Fucking tolerant? Do me a fucking favour! You hate half the people in your own country because of their religion/ethnic background. If you're a catholic you don't get a job because the protestants make sure that they only hire one of their own. Fuck me and you have the fucking nerve to go on about 'racism' to me?

Fuck me, the amount of times I've been asked what school I went to when visiting Scotland on business or pleasure so that's a wide class range across the social strata so don't even think of pretending it isn't a MASSIVE problem in Scotland.

Did you actually go to school?

Yawn.

S-Pat
Yawn.

This is what happens we get escalating levels of abuse as each seeks to outdo the other and get his/her point of view across. What you have to realise any explanation or attack will always be disregarded as false as this person has entenched views which cannot be denied. The only way to solve and triumph against sch people is to ignore tehm.

This enlighened appraoch will always win the day when you realize the futile attempt to convert the unconvertable.

Then again maybe you are in it for the controversy you can generate, if so can we have a side room where you can continue your diatrbe in private and not soil this excellent site by abusing it's excellent record on free speech. Free speech is only possible as far as the majority allows. Perhaps a poll of all users of who to ban would be a preferable solution so excluding the possible abuse of moderators and would also be an object in how democratic freedom works.

Right Thinking and Tory
Kings of Fife
Censorship

One more thing.

Good night and grow up.

1. That wasn't me that posted! Looks like your cyber-bullying back-fired my friend. I have to change my name because as soon as I am identified, then the bullying starts. How dare I not stand there and take it; is that what you're saying? Fuck off.

2. Racist? Do you mean someone who doesn't believe in mass immigration, multi-culturalism, the continued rise of islam and the threat to European values then yup, that's me.

3. On the other hand, if you believe in millions more people coming into this already over-crowded island, the eventual marginalisation of the indigenous population (as has now happened in large parts of London), tolerating (and encouraging) a desert-based, oppresive, violent faith with a pretend god and an agenda of world conquest, rejecting European values such as democracy and freedom of speech then that's...errrr.....YOU! Guess what? The vast majority of people agree with me but are too frightened to say anything because of the draconian laws imposed by the nutty left.

4. Shit, you can't even solve the catholic/protestant thing. I bet you a pound to a penny you either support marching up and down wearing pathetic orange sashes or sing songs about Irish republicanism. Whichever one you are, you won't be seen dead with the other. You probably drink in a protestant or catholic pub but not be seen in the other one.

5. Fucking tolerant? Do me a fucking favour! You hate half the people in your own country because of their religion/ethnic background. If you're a catholic you don't get a job because the protestants make sure that they only hire one of their own. Fuck me and you have the fucking nerve to go on about 'racism' to me?

6. Fuck me, the amount of times I've been asked what school I went to when visiting Scotland on business or pleasure so that's a wide class range across the social strata so don't even think of pretending it isn't a MASSIVE problem in Scotland.

You've clearly lost it pal.
But just to humour you I'll respond to your points which I've numbered 1-6. You will note I'm doing so without needing to use foul and abusive language (eg telling you to f*** off).

1. Where am I cyber bullying? I am stating my view that anyone outraged at my club wishing people of the Muslim faith Eid Mubarak is certainly intolerant and probably racist. I am also challenging the quite ludicrous suggestion that such intolerance/ racism is somehow the opinion of the silent majority, a premise made even more ridiculous that in the closed thread there was at least one poster in the MINORITY of posts in support of the OP's embarrassing post that used multiple usernames in the thread.
On a slight tangent I also find it interesting that intolerant/ racist posters have this fear of being in a position of a minority, as if there is something shameful about being in a minority in any walk of life.

2. Migration has always happened throughout history. Scotland is a nation made up of migrants over centuries. I have to wonder about the values of someone who feels threatened by multi culturalism. Would you rather we were a mono-cultural country? If so which culture would you choose?

3. I like London. Part of it's appeal is it's cosmopolitanism. In my experience people in London are broader minded because of this.
Again you bring up this strange notion that people intolerant of multi-culturalism are in the majority. Have you conducted a survey of some kind to support this?

4. This is where your argument gets rather bizarre. What makes you suppose I am some kind of Christian extremist?
Virtually all pubs that can be termed "Protestant" or "Catholic" are in Glasgow and it's environs. Even then they are probably better defined as Rangers or Celtic. I don't have a local as such. Most of the pubs I frequent are on my travels watching East Fife. I certainly have never been on an Orange Walk or anything remotely resembling one.

5. Again, I have no idea what you are on about. I think the days when your religion determined which job you could do ended decades ago. Can you cite examples of this?

6. I don't think I've ever been asked what school I went to with any kind of sinister religious undertone. Maybe because I have always lived in the East of Scotland.

If you find this response "cyber bullying" then I think you need to seek help pal.

Maybe I was wrong in saying there was censorship as this thread has stayed open.I just find it hard to accept that something should be shut down because someone finds the subject uncomfortable and the reason for doing so a bit ridiculous considering the amount false names and nom- de- plumes on every other thread on this site.

S-Pat
Yawn.

^^^^^ This

With you on the YAwn,

Virtually all pubs that can be termed "Protestant" or "Catholic" are in Glasgow and it's environs.
Its the way i tell em

Kings of Fife
Right Thinking and Tory
Kings of Fife
Censorship

One more thing.

Good night and grow up.

1. That wasn't me that posted! Looks like your cyber-bullying back-fired my friend. I have to change my name because as soon as I am identified, then the bullying starts. How dare I not stand there and take it; is that what you're saying? Fuck off.

2. Racist? Do you mean someone who doesn't believe in mass immigration, multi-culturalism, the continued rise of islam and the threat to European values then yup, that's me.

3. On the other hand, if you believe in millions more people coming into this already over-crowded island, the eventual marginalisation of the indigenous population (as has now happened in large parts of London), tolerating (and encouraging) a desert-based, oppresive, violent faith with a pretend god and an agenda of world conquest, rejecting European values such as democracy and freedom of speech then that's...errrr.....YOU! Guess what? The vast majority of people agree with me but are too frightened to say anything because of the draconian laws imposed by the nutty left.

4. Shit, you can't even solve the catholic/protestant thing. I bet you a pound to a penny you either support marching up and down wearing pathetic orange sashes or sing songs about Irish republicanism. Whichever one you are, you won't be seen dead with the other. You probably drink in a protestant or catholic pub but not be seen in the other one.

5. Fucking tolerant? Do me a fucking favour! You hate half the people in your own country because of their religion/ethnic background. If you're a catholic you don't get a job because the protestants make sure that they only hire one of their own. Fuck me and you have the fucking nerve to go on about 'racism' to me?

6. Fuck me, the amount of times I've been asked what school I went to when visiting Scotland on business or pleasure so that's a wide class range across the social strata so don't even think of pretending it isn't a MASSIVE problem in Scotland.

You've clearly lost it pal.
But just to humour you I'll respond to your points which I've numbered 1-6. You will note I'm doing so without needing to use foul and abusive language (eg telling you to f*** off).

1. Where am I cyber bullying? I am stating my view that anyone outraged at my club wishing people of the Muslim faith Eid Mubarak is certainly intolerant and probably racist. I am also challenging the quite ludicrous suggestion that such intolerance/ racism is somehow the opinion of the silent majority, a premise made even more ridiculous that in the closed thread there was at least one poster in the MINORITY of posts in support of the OP's embarrassing post that used multiple usernames in the thread.
On a slight tangent I also find it interesting that intolerant/ racist posters have this fear of being in a position of a minority, as if there is something shameful about being in a minority in any walk of life.

2. Migration has always happened throughout history. Scotland is a nation made up of migrants over centuries. I have to wonder about the values of someone who feels threatened by multi culturalism. Would you rather we were a mono-cultural country? If so which culture would you choose?

3. I like London. Part of it's appeal is it's cosmopolitanism. In my experience people in London are broader minded because of this.
Again you bring up this strange notion that people intolerant of multi-culturalism are in the majority. Have you conducted a survey of some kind to support this?

4. This is where your argument gets rather bizarre. What makes you suppose I am some kind of Christian extremist?
Virtually all pubs that can be termed "Protestant" or "Catholic" are in Glasgow and it's environs. Even then they are probably better defined as Rangers or Celtic. I don't have a local as such. Most of the pubs I frequent are on my travels watching East Fife. I certainly have never been on an Orange Walk or anything remotely resembling one.

5. Again, I have no idea what you are on about. I think the days when your religion determined which job you could do ended decades ago. Can you cite examples of this?

6. I don't think I've ever been asked what school I went to with any kind of sinister religious undertone. Maybe because I have always lived in the East of Scotland.

If you find this response "cyber bullying" then I think you need to seek help pal.

I'm going to respond to this because it is quite low on the abuse scale. I welcome non-abusive debate, it is healthy for society.

(1) Cyber bullying; every time I write something I get abusive comments. A moderator has pointed out a few home truths to me and I accept that I have wound people up, for that I have apologised.

Why has East Fife only mentioned the muslim faith and not others: Hindus, Jews, Bhuddists - or even, dare I mention it, Christianity? That's my point but no answer from the hard left as yet.

My next door neighbour's parents were born in Jamaica. He knows my views and doesn't agree with all of them but accepts that mass immigration needs to be checked. He has been around to my house and drank my whisky and we have discussed a range of subjects but does not call me an 'arsehole' because we have different points of view. He is African English (not 'black') and a football fan. I have invited him to come up to watch East Fife and he said would like to come given my total infectuous enthusiasm for a team he'd never really heard of until he met me.

(2) Ther has been more mass migration in the last 12 years than in all previous history. When was there an opportunity for the indigenous population to vote on this subject?

What you don't realise is that incoming populations don't play liberal ball; given enough numbers, they then seek to impose their culture on the indigenous population. Now, you may agree with this but I put it to you that as you don't actually live in a 'multi-cultural' area you're not in a practical position to comment.

This country is over-crowded, a two year drought would seriously fuck up the South East of England and yet we let in over 400,000 people last year. I'm not even going to mention the pressures on infrastructure, housing, services and benefits.

I choose European Culture; the culture that gave the world, Socrates, Mozart, Titian etc etc. Europe is responsible for the progress of this planet scientifically, culturally and politically. Yet we are told that masss imigration has 'culturally enriched' us. Perhaps you can explain what other cultures can offer compared with Classical Greece, The Roman Empire, The Renaissance and The Enlightenment to name but a few? Yet schools must have a month of 'celebrating' black culture; why?

(3) I don't agree. The majority of English people I talk to do not agree with mass immigration and multi-culturalism - and that's across the social divide.

(4) The 'you' was a general 'you' rather than a specific you personally.
Please do not try and claim that the catholic/protestant issue is confined to Glasgow. The point I was making is that maybe the liberal left ought to tidy up its own backyard before commenting on other wider social issues.

(5) It has not ended; I regularly talk to people from all walks of life and they confirm that the prejudice still exists. Don't pretend it isn't endemic in Glasgow or Edinburgh.

(6) Edinburgh is in the east of Scotland and I recently was asked what school I went to in a business meeting back in 2012. I declined to answer.

Saying that I need help is, I would suggest, unhelpful, patronising and unnecessary when debating issues.

Ahh, good old Ian. He`s going to respond because "its quite low on the abuse scale".

Do you ever take time to think before you post? You are probably the most abusive, obnoxious, odious poster on this forum and going by your last pile of steaming excrement in text you`re clearly not very bright.

You need to take a break. Take a break from here, take a break from the internet and i`m guessing drink less.

You sir, are a Troll.

ANDY
Ahh, good old Ian. He`s going to respond because "its quite low on the abuse scale".

Do you ever take time to think before you post? You are probably the most abusive, obnoxious, odious poster on this forum and going by your last pile of steaming excrement in text you`re clearly not very bright.

You need to take a break. Take a break from here, take a break from the internet and i`m guessing drink less.

You sir, are a Troll.

Hardly a troll !!!!!! did you actually read what he said ? FFS

ANDY

You sir, are a Troll.

You are right Andy, I am as thick as a docker's sandwich and an alcoholic to boot.

You clearly have issues with me; if you want to discuss it over a beer then the invitation is open.

mr305
ANDY

You sir, are a Troll.

Yes i did FFS. One of the few posts he`s made without being obnoxious.Its still a pile of crap though.
That said he does have his tail between his legs like a scolded dug.
He`ll always be a troll.

Right Thinking
ANDY

You sir, are a Troll.

You are right Andy, I am as thick as a docker's sandwich and an alcoholic to boot.

You clearly have issues with me; if you want to discuss it over a beer then the invitation is open.

I`m not going to argue with you there Exile. You`re bang on.

I`m done on the subject. You`ll back to your best soon enough.
And i`ll pass on the drink.

ANDY
mr305
ANDY

You sir, are a Troll.

Yes i did FFS. One of the few posts he`s made without being obnoxious.Its still a pile of crap though.
That said he does have his tail between his legs like a scolded dug.
He`ll always be a troll.

Offering an olive branch and trying to find common ground to avoid confrontation does not mean that I have my tail between my legs.

Do you know what a troll is? I'll tell you by providing an example; Vikington our Morton tormentor is a troll because his sole intent is to wind-up opposition fans so he visits fans' sites and posts abusive texts. I come on here because I am an East Fife fan and my prime objective is to catch up with news about the club. This site provides 'inside' information about what is happening behind the scenes so gives me a better idea of the state of our beloved club. I don't support San Pauli FC (for example) so I don't go on their website. If I did do and wrote some abusive texts, then that would be 'trolling'.