Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Torn (for Raith Rovers fans only)

I thought to myself, a few weeks ago, "I wonder who I'll want to win in the E*st F*fe v Dunfermline derby matches this season?"

I worried that I'd chop and change over the days, but thankfully I've stuck to my guns, without giving it a second thought...

It would make me very happy if the F*fe got pumped every game 8-0.

So, Raith fans, let have a poll to see who we are supporting this season.

Mon the Pars!

Current poll results - E*st F*fe 0% Dunfermline 100%

Re: Torn (for Raith Rovers fans only)

"THE unofficial East Fife Football Club forum."

Check the description of this forum my friend, before you go posting threads with titles like this one!

Mon the Fife!

Current poll results - East Fife 100% Dunfermline 0% (linos have no polling rights on this "THE unofficial East Fife Football Club forum."

Eh?

Check the description of this forum my friend, before you go posting threads with titles like this one!

Mon the Fife!

Current poll results - East Fife 100% Dunfermline 0% (linos have no polling rights on this "THE unofficial East Fife Football Club forum."

Eh? Are you a Raith Rovers fan? If not, you should not be reading or commenting on this thread.

I'm not too fussed myself. Two wee diddy teams fighting it out in a diddy league. I guess I'd have to say that given how Dunfermline have actually put up a fight against us in recent years, indeed, they've done well for themselves in derbies, they'd be the team I want to lose. East Fife are a bit of an irrelevance.

Jonathan
Eh?

Mon the Fife!

Eh? Are you a Raith Rovers fan? If not, you should not be reading or commenting on this thread.

Is there such a beast?

Super Joe
I'm not too fussed myself. Two wee diddy teams fighting it out in a diddy league. I guess I'd have to say that given how Dunfermline have actually put up a fight against us in recent years, indeed, they've done well for themselves in derbies, they'd be the team I want to lose. East Fife are a bit of an irrelevance.

Thanks for your contribution, Super Joe.

Official Poll - E*st F*fe 50% Dunfermline 50%

It's too close to call.

I ask myself the same question lino or Cowdung very hard to decide. as for calling fife an irrelevance ha ha . Tell you what the para will bring more fans than lino crew.

Who cares what you think? Mon the Fife!!

Difficult one only because I have bet East Fife to be bottom at 20/1.

My hatred of the Pars is far greater than my dislike of East Fife.

Settle for a draw.

Levenmouth Rover

Settle for a draw.

Hello LR, I'm afraid I'll need you to come off that fence and choose a team. Who will you be supporting tomorrow?

Jonathan
Levenmouth Rover

Settle for a draw.

Hello LR, I'm afraid I'll need you to come off that fence and choose a team. Who will you be supporting tomorrow?

See Jonathan, if you were to ask me if I'd prefer RR or Cowden I'd like to win, it would be akin to asking which STI I'd like most.

Just sayin........

We own our ground what you lot got FA !!

I knew I should have left you in Macedonia jonathan... ya dobber .

Wondering if Raithman would like to give his vote in this thread?

A wish oor we pishy team had the chance to play the pars an the ranjurs twice hame and awaw this season , but naw wee dinnae . we r shite . mon da rovurs .

I would support EF only because i see Dunfermline as our big match and rivals.
EF have been a lower league team for most of my life and did not play them often
to build up any feeling of not to like them.
My now long dead family members did talk about the rival games and the second world war!

Who gives a toss about least fife or scumfermline two shitty second division sides and by the way who was the only Fife team to win this week?

Raithman
Who gives a toss about least fife or scumfermline two shitty second division sides and by the way who was the only Fife team to win this week?

You must , Yer on an EAST FIFE forum ya tool

Raithman

Obsessed

RAITHROVERS1
I would support EF only because i see Dunfermline as our big match and rivals.
EF have been a lower league team for most of my life and did not play them often
to build up any feeling of not to like them.
My now long dead family members did talk about the rival games and the second world war!

Any chance of you doing us a favour and joining your family members?

RAITHROVERS1, has that comment changed your mind? You have until 5pm to switch your vote.

Jonathan
RAITHROVERS1, has that comment changed your mind? You have until 5pm to switch your vote.

Obsessed with East Fife.

u just beat cowdenbeath 4-3 u are not that good

A comfortable win last night reinforces our position as Kings of Fife. We've got an excellent squad at the moment which is littered with quality. Not bad stuff from the last Fife team to win a major domestic honour and the last Fife team to do the grandslam over our less-esteemed neighbours over the course of the season.

Happy for you Rovers fans happy that you are happy with life. It makes us EF fans happy to know you are having a great time supporting your highly successful football team. I hope the season is good to you and you finish as high up your league as possible. Maybe even show the rest of us how to win a cup, that would be great. All good because chances are that one of us has humped your wife, sister, mother or girlfriend. Possibly your gran , there are some smooth operators with bunnets at Bayview. Thanks for reminding us how great your team is you know we all have a real inferiority complex regarding the rovers. We need to get over it. Lol......... NOW FUCk off before we start putting your Mrs on the centre spread of our match programme entitled Randy rovers slag of the week. Pumped by the big boys of bayview.

BT
Happy for you Rovers fans happy that you are happy with life. It makes us EF fans happy to know you are having a great time supporting your highly successful football team. I hope the season is good to you and you finish as high up your league as possible. Maybe even show the rest of us how to win a cup, that would be great. All good because chances are that one of us has humped your wife, sister, mother or girlfriend. Possibly your gran , there are some smooth operators with bunnets at Bayview. Thanks for reminding us how great your team is you know we all have a real inferiority complex regarding the rovers. We need to get over it. Lol......... NOW FUCk off before we start putting your Mrs on the centre spread of our match programme entitled Randy rovers slag of the week. Pumped by the big boys of bayview.

What an innovative way of increasing your programme sales. You can just look at more fannies than normal on a Saturday.

Lol that's no bad fur a sado on our forum. Now fek off and dance in yer street ya ponce

The took a fanny away from us. He features in the match programme regularly. Hiya Scott McBride!

Aye it takes a fanny to know a fanny eh BT.by the way your wife's shite in bed but your mum and wee sister do a fine double.

Raithman lol you get fuck all mate it is clear so bored you get your thrills on our forum. Lol you sad sad bloke, you know it's true. The next time you get fucked will be when we play you . Ya fanny lol get back tae yer rust bucket of a ground you need to get the buckets out to save it again

BT you wouldn't know a football player if you woke up beside one.As far as you lot beating us will that be in the Fife Cup,because you are now out of two and correct me if I am wrong you will be a round our two earlier in the Scottish so not much chance there.Anyway are you lot going to lie down for Newco as this seems to be the norm for you this season.

Hopefully you won't lie down for Newco, but there's bound to be a sneaky suspicion when your managing director / owner is a Hun. Look at the way Airdrie lay down to the Huns last night, much to the delight of their ORC Chairman Mr Ballantyne, I would imagine.
Mind you, Fat Willie might offer the East Fife players a wee sweetener as him and his family had season tickets at Sellik Park for years.

Yeah, Airdrie fans were cheering the Rangers goals. Pathetic.

By the way, how torn were you by last night's result? Good old Hearts.

Can't really be too torn after watching Rovers outplay a Premiership team for most of the game.
Undone by a conman feigning injury. Red card has been appealed and Hill will be proved innocent.
We're looking quite tidy- maybe need a wee bit more up front, but will comfortably hold our own in the Championship.

Had the pleasure of updates from a very disgruntled Levenmouth Rover.Never seen so many swear words in a text.

There was me believing the rovers fans that they were going to show us how to win a cup in modern day football. Oh well just shows what bollocks they all talk.

Saw a picture off the raith home support against dundee. Wow, thats really embarrising! Looked about 200 in the raith stand! Reckon cowden could pull in more than that too be honest!

If your correct that'll be about three times the amount you can muster.The only time your ground has been full is when your opponents bring a large support.You muppets prefered to stand outside the ground at what was the power station I seem to recall.When was the last time you had a home crowd of three figures.I would think it would have been away back in the days of nae view 1.GIRUY come and tell me when A) you have a senior ground B) a support to fill that ground C) a team for that support to support.Then I might believe you,until then get back into your junior ground.

raithman
If your correct that'll be about three times the amount you can muster.The only time your ground has been full is when your opponents bring a large support.You muppets prefered to stand outside the ground at what was the power station I seem to recall.When was the last time you had a home crowd of three figures.I would think it would have been away back in the days of nae view 1.GIRUY come and tell me when A) you have a senior ground B) a support to fill that ground C) a team for that support to support.Then I might believe you,until then get back into your junior ground.

Erm, when did you muppets have a support to fill your ground? We might have a junior ground but it has the best playing surface outside the SPL and training facilities available.
Now, correct me if i`m wrong but weren`t you lot using a public park to train on until you managed to hire a council facilty in Glenrothes?

Big club??? Don`t make me laugh!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but who were you playing when the record attendance for the old nae view was set?Check the records I think you may find it was us,and we also filled new nae view as well.You lot are the wee team in Fife next to the scum.

Thought this meritted a wee bump. Up to the lofty heights of third and into the semi-final of the Ramsden's clink cup. Not that winning it really matters given we can all look back to winning a certain cup in 1994. Hopefully we can keep up the good work and continue to build. Not bad for a club that a certain rotund East Fife fellow described as "not moving forward" compared to the Methil slum dwellers.

Super Joe
Thought this meritted a wee bump. Up to the lofty heights of third and into the semi-final of the Ramsden's clink cup. Not that winning it really matters given we can all look back to winning a certain cup in 1994. Hopefully we can keep up the good work and continue to build. Not bad for a club that a certain rotund East Fife fellow described as "not moving forward" compared to the Methil slum dwellers.

Do you live in quite a well off area then?

Possibly slightly more upmarket than yourself no doubt,which Wemyss cave are you in?

I am prepared to bet that the average house in my post code is worth more than yours. How much do you want to bet; your postcode versus my slum?

C'est What
I am prepared to bet that the average house in my post code is worth more than yours. How much do you want to bet; your postcode versus my slum?

Must be a Lundin Links/Largo East Fife fan

Jimbo
C'est What

Must be a Lundin Links/Largo East Fife fan

Nah it's that orrible boy fae Luton

Wrong. This is between that offensive twat Raithman and me; now piss off I want to fleece the troll.

you fleece me get a life,you might be a wide boy in Methil,that cuts no ice with me.Your teams crap and your ground is only fit for junior football.Come back when your mum stops changing your nappies.You are the wee team in Fife.Is that still zero wins?

It should read 'You fleece me? Get a life!' It's called Grammar in Methil, Leven and Buckhind.

Now, ignoring your pathetic insults, £100 says that the average house prices within my slum postcode is worth more than the price in your up-market posh post code residence in Kirkcaldy. Put your money where your mouth is (if you're man enough).

i know what was in his mouth last night

C'est what?
It should read 'You fleece me? Get a life!' It's called Grammar in Methil, Leven and Buckhind.

Now, ignoring your pathetic insults, £100 says that the average house prices within my slum postcode is worth more than the price in your up-market posh post code residence in Kirkcaldy. Put your money where your mouth is (if you're man enough).

Oh dear. Even if you were canny enough to pick a postcode from a more affluent area, then you'd still be a minority of one among the true Methil muckdwellers. Regardless, a good solid win again for us with Super Joe Cardle banging in two, C'lum Elliot showing great finesse with a diving header and Grant Anderson completing a passing move in a 4-2 victory which has us move up the table into second place.

I didn't know the East Fife score until I checked it. Shame to see you lads at the bottom of the pile. 2-0 to Stranraer: it speaks for itself really. I hope you turn it round as it truly is cringeworthy.

Super Joe

I didn't know the East Fife score until I checked it. Shame to see you lads at the bottom of the pile. 2-0 to Stranraer: it speaks for itself really. I hope you turn it round as it truly is cringeworthy.

That's funny, I don't know the scores for other teams until I check them either, imagine that, strange eh??

Super Joe
C'est what?

Oh dear. Even if you were canny enough to pick a postcode from a more affluent area, then you'd still be a minority of one among the true Methil muckdwellers. Regardless, a good solid win again for us with Super Joe Cardle banging in two, C'lum Elliot showing great finesse with a diving header and Grant Anderson completing a passing move in a 4-2 victory which has us move up the table into second place.

Shut your fucking cake hole. The offer of a bet is between me and your noncey friend. Postcodes can be proved by IP addresses or didn't you know that?

C'est What?
Super Joe
C'est what?

Shut your fucking cake hole. The offer of a bet is between me and your noncey friend. Postcodes can be proved by IP addresses or didn't you know that?

You seem rather upset. I'd be the same if my team got humiliated by Stranraer too. A trip on the bus along to the San Starko to watch the Kings of Fife, Raith Rovers, is in order. You'll get to watch Fife's Finest strut their stuff. You might even see a win for a Fife based team for once.

San Starko,half derelict site and the other half is two empty rusting structures that even the local scrappy wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Super Joe
C'est What?
Super Joe
C'est what?

Nothing wrong with this sort of banter. What I don't understand is the references to Methil as a slum; what has derogatory comments about the local area got to do with support of a football team?

You seem rather upset. I'd be the same if my team got humiliated by Stranraer too. A trip on the bus along to the San Starko to watch the Kings of Fife, Raith Rovers, is in order. You'll get to watch Fife's Finest strut their stuff. You might even see a win for a Fife based team for once.

Nothing wrong with this sort of banter. What I don't understand is the references to Methil as a slum; what has derogatory comments about the local area got to do with support of a football team?

What's wrong with freedom of speech that I can't reply to this pricks ranting without you censoring it.He started it I am only putting forward my views as to his rantings.Cest your a bawbag,

Another day, another win. Rovers cruised through and relaxed heading into the tale end of the game, before Lewis Vaughan continued to show why he's looking one of the best prospects in Fife by getting on the score sheet. Kept ourselves just on the tail of Accies, top scorers in the league and entertaining football to boot. When will you Methilites come along to watch the Rovers continue to show their dominance over the kingdom?

Aye C'est your awfully quite what's wrong your mum taken your keyboard away from you.

raithman
Aye C'est your awfully quite what's wrong your mum taken your keyboard away from you.

So it's raithman today I see. Back to cowdengelly tomorrow I take it?

Who me

Be QUITE QUIET when u draw your knuckles up fae the flair ya wee spyug yae

Another national cup final in all probability against The Rangers. Can we make it an Old Firm double? Come on ye Raith.

Maureen I love you but your mum was better.

A comfortable win for the Rovers and yet another man of the match bottle of champagne for Super Joe Cardle. Elliot also bagged himself a double too! Diageo must be loving this, Kirkcaldy folks hit the bottle to celebrate, Methil slum dwellers hit the bottle to forget!

Just another 3 to catch us up then.

A solid performance by Fife's Finest on Saturday, drawing away to top of the league Accies despite being a man down. A lot of praise for our second half performance.

Credit where credits due, East Fife's comeback means they're slightly less diddy than the Townies. They must be the only team you can beat in a derby game!

WHAT ARE THE DIRTY LINO SMOKERS DOING ON HERE NO PLACE FOR YOU

hillbilly fifer
WHAT ARE THE DIRTY LINO SMOKERS DOING ON HERE NO PLACE FOR YOU

You've been on our mantlepiece for the past 24 years now. We can do what we want here.

C'est where are you I miss our little chats so much,are you still trying to find out what a postcode is?I'll give you a clue it's somewhere on your Giro.

Anyone remember what the final percentage was for this thread?