Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Todays Game

A pretty poor start to the season by all accounts. A very disjointed performance from the boys today, again it was like they just met.

Penalty was a bit of a 50/50, not so sure on it, but I think the initial ball that played their wide man through was a decent chunk offside! It was a real shame as the goal took the stuffing out of the fans. Everyone buzzing and getting up for the game and 2 minutes in we're a goal down. Not what we needed.

We then spent the entirety of the first half lumping it to Tuta, who 50% of the time misjudged the header, and the rest of the time got the ball down but had no options. If we're going to play that way, then there HAS to be players around him when he gets the ball at his feet. Too often today he was left with 2/3 defenders around him and couldn't do much.

Our passing was also very poor, not that we played the ball badly but there was never enough of it. I can't remember a phase of play in the first half where we strung more than 5 passes together. We were too happy to lump it up and watch Cedric lose the ball. Not good enough.

Does anyone else think we REALLY need a left back? I don't think Stoney is a left back really, and Joe is for sure a centre half (despite the fact he coped OK today).

A key point of today is that I don't think I've seen a team that gives the opposition SO much time on the ball. Its ridiculous. We concede a goal early so you expect us to then go for it, but no, we sat back when they were on the ball, content to let them pass it about in our half of the pitch

In terms of individuals, Liam looked like the only one looking to provide a spark. Durie's overall distribution was quite bad today, although he was at least giving a go of it in the last 20 minutes. Young Ross Brown I felt did OK. He looked to at least try and play it although is a bit lightweight, but that will come.

Overall, a poor, disjointed, and lacklustre performance. Much work to be done Willie! Thankfully Dunfermline were equally as poor.

Re: Todays Game

Big Fifer
A pretty poor start to the season by all accounts.

You are the opening poster so this is one of the first accounts.

No. 11 was poor we need a new left back and Fash has to start.

Should never have been a penalty as Pars player was clearly offside during the build up but due to linesman not keeping up with play he missed it. We were shocking 1st half tho, absolutely brutal and deserved to be behind at ht. 2nd half was much better and I thought we would get equalizer but unfortunately not. If we're going to lump balls up to tall black man then someone has to support him or it will never work. Buchanan and Mbu were standouts for us today but too many players were poor. Lost count of the times when basic ball control was missing and because of this we got ourselves into trouble. Oh well, 3 games played with 3 losses. Things can only get better.

We are woefully light in midfield. Jonny Stewart was posted missing today. Brown tried, but he had noone else. Pat Clarke is wasted as a left midfielder, play him up front or have him on the bench. The trislist was too easily nudged off the ball too.

Buchanan tried his heart out, but he needs help from his midfield.
Again Fash looked lively when he came on.

I hope Dutot's injury isn't serious

lets face it we got beat with a disgraceful decision,but all in all we were totally shite,must do a lot better.