Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
bt sport free on virgin media

bt sport free on virgin media . xl package ch 547 - 550

Re: bt sport free on virgin media

whats the situation if you have bt broadband and also sky tv package? can i get bt sports as well?

BT will probably want you to extend your broadband contract for a year but by doing so they will give BT Sport for free. All they need to activate it is your Sky viewing card number. Worked out ok for me

Only other thing to watch out for is if you're on a discounted price for your BT broadband, once this runs out, you'll be put onto the full price.

i.e. I'm on about half-price broadband till March so, if I extend for the year to get BT Sports, I'd have to pay full price for broadband from March onwards(which would add about £100+ to the annual bill). As it is, I'll contact them in Feb to re-negotiate a price or move my broadband to Sky (about half the cost of BT Broadband).

Did try too phone them to discuss this, but you can never get through.

Anyone know what Sevco games bt are intent on showing this season?
I.e. will the Fife be live on tv at all this year?

It doesn't look like either of the first two games against Sevco are on live as the SPFL site has a list of live games going up to November. More live games are announced later in the season though I think.

is this likely to be free on virgin media all the time or is it just for 1 weekend, does anyone know?

its free to virgin customers on xl package