Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Match Discussion: A v Brechin

Seems pretty even game so far. 0-0

Buchanan getting mentioned a lot on twitter, which is good to see.

Re: Match Discussion: A v Brechin

Going by the twitter feed we're having a lot of chances!

Here's hoping we snatch one of them. Desperately need off the mark.

0-0 at half.

Yeah seems like we're the busier of the two sides to end the half.

Would have taken a draw from this one when fixtures came out, but three would be better!

1-0 Brechin.

Ach Tam. I've just come in and saw ur message. Looked like we were one nil up. Far out. It's brechins goal. Worst feeling to go yeah then ah shit.!!!!

2-0 Brechin!!

Too many shite central midfield type players that aren't very good at anything in our squad.

Same shite different season

Joint bottom with Stranraer. Few reports saying the same that we were awful in the second half.

Not good enough!!!

Still early days but a tough start that's not going to get much easier the next few weeks.

The twitter feed didn't make it seem like we were much in that second half.

Well I hope the management and board are reading this.
So far its been shite and people simply won't go if its more of the same as last season.
So much optimism pre season and all defeats so far.
I did have my reservations when they re_signed some of last season's dross.

We have the makings of a very decent team but there's certain players who were here last year who are simply not good enough. Fans favorite or not.

Two decent CM needed or we could be in for a hell of a long season.

Certain players that were here last season that are not good enough !!!!

Oh dear, Rose tinted glasses being worn by someone !!!!

How did moosavi play?

Moosavi was poor, but in midfield others weren't great either

As others have said, front 2 ineffective, midfield did ok in 1st half but fell away in 2nd. Back 4 did well but the longer the game went on were under more pressure.
GK- not at fault, and has generally played well from what I've seen so far.
Still feel we are experimenting with new players and formations. Hope we can get settled soon and get points on the board.

Gonna take a few games to gel. Lot of changes. Would have hoped that was what the preseason games were for mind you.

Extremely disappointed with our 2nd half display poor all over the park and lucky we did not take a hammering. First half we competed well and in all honesty should have been two each with chances missed. We lost our way in the midfield when stonie went of injured. Goals change games and brechins first goal was all so avoidable, centre back not sure if it was mbu or thom should have put the ball in row z but put the keeper under pressure with a poor touch. This gave brechin a lease of life and momentum swung their way for the first time in the game. As written before our midfield gives the opposition far to much time , we need to be in their face tackling and letting them know they are in a game. The clock is ticking transfer window closes in 14 days time, if we don't sign at least two hard hitting midfield players I really fear the worst. The management must be in that dressing room at full time telling the players that just is not good enough. This midfield problem been evident since the Forfar game given the opposition far to much time and space with the ball. Best for us today was gary thom and scott McBride at full back. Campbell and dutoit still to come back but that doesn't help the midfield. I would try stonie and durie as our wide midfield players but no one in todays team can claim a spot in the centre of midfield. Send an sos to Canada and get div back asap.

Cedric Tuta played in the game against Celtic, balls played in on the ground, he held the ball up well and took 2 great goals. Today east fife just seemed to want to punt the ball in the air to him, ?to knock down for Buchanan it wasn't working so why keep doing it? Don't understand why when a player is strong, able to hold the ball up and appeared good with ball into his feet that we should have played the way we did. Mind you midfield was poor therefore little decent service I suppose. I realise the team is still work in progress but why not play to somebody's strengths in the games. That is all rant over!

Keteoj
We have the makings of a very decent team but there's certain players who were here last year who are simply not good enough. Fans favorite or not.

Two decent CM needed or we could be in for a hell of a long season.

Opinions? It's difficult to grind out a result when you've got a couple of under performers in the team. Slagging individual players is not what I want to do...serves no useful purpose really.
Thought last years players did well today (stoney played in an unfamiliar role at LMF) and took a heavy knock at the end of the 1st half that took its toll just after the 1st goal, I think? and had to go off.
Need to get the formation and a settled starting 11 sorted.

Why does the manager persist with giving Moosari 90 minutes when he has shown nothing to deserve that since he came here?
In recent games, Fash came on and gave as a different, better option and helped create chances. I would have thought that by going 1 nil down, Aitchison would have brought Fash on.

Sorry but we were comfortable until the keeper failed to collect a ball that Thom was shepherding back. Thom was entitled to expect Andrews clear everything out & snuff out any danger. It's been the only disappointment in Andrews game but just not good enough. After that it could have been 5

It says it all when Lee murray walked out stadium at full time looking more pissed off than us.

The midfield was non existent again today.Don`t know how or why Moosari managed to get signed,he looks like he`s never played football in his life before,Willis is simply awful, as we all know and Stewart looks totally ineffective.Four games in four defeats and four times the midfield has been easily outfought and outplayed.Alarm bells ringing loudly already I`m afraid!!!

Started the season like we could play football but today we had to play long ball in 2nd half only because our midfield was soooo bad. moorsi didn't even know he was playing for 60 mins then he was dire for 30mins...surely fash is better ?
missed dutot .......be great to see him in central midfield

Just seen willies interview he basically saying he gave some guys a chance and now they have let him down so will now be dropped. Ye ?

Agree with 'Strugglin', central and right midfield were outfought, completely outplayed. Brechin looked as though they wanted a win, worked hard, got right in our faces and won almost every loose ball. They seemed to have time on the ball, whilst we were like headless chickens We sat far too deep in the second half particularly. Lumping high balls up to Buchanan and Tuta with their 4 and 5 gobbling up everything that came their way wasn't helpful. I really feel sorry for them as they both worked their socks off with little or no support. Stoney's injury and eventual substitution didn't help either. The positives? Well the sun shone and Jim's banter was good and I can see potential in the front men if we can get a midfield that works hard, has a plan and can get them some decent supply.

Were pushing for 7th, Brechin are a better side simple as that, you cant complain when we get beaten 2-0 from a promotion contending side, you dont see Aberdeen fans complaining about gettin beat by celtic! and before any creepy auld cunt makes a comment on my spelling... i dont talk perfect so why spell perfect?

Tam is spot on!. I don't mention or pick on players on here.. but in this case i feel i have to! Yesterday there was one that played the full game who offered and did nothing, In the 2nd half he had three runs down the line.

1 - he ran it too far and it went out for a goal kick
2 - aboot took the team bus window out
3 - kicked out for a goal kick

Embarrassing and cringe material!

That was his contribution. The boy clearly cannot play football at this level. It is actually very worrying that our management team have 1) signed him 2) played him for 90 yesterday when we had far far better on t he bench!

I am fed up of hearing our youth players are too young, we have to look after them, break them in gently.. Ffs Fash and Ross are 19+ they are grown men who both are exceptionally good footballers that are keen and enthusiastic and will offer so much more than some that were selected yesterday.

The weaknesses are clear for all to see; there is time to fix this, if not its going to be a long long season with the same outcome or worse. I felt for Lee Murray yesterday; he is trying to do right things for the club and that is great to see and be part of that journey, however yesterday he was clearly an upset man as he was out the stadium and on the team bus before most of us we're out! Great to see a chairman that clearly cares, is passionate and is feeling the pains were are just now. MonTheFife!

Agree about Lee Murray.
Just a pity he`s put faith in a manager who clearly isn;t up to the job at this level. Still, we have a good record of poor managers so no change there.
Anyone who signs Willis full time needs their fucking head looked into!

Honest John
Agree about Lee Murray.
Just a pity he`s put faith in a manager who clearly isn;t up to the job at this level. Still, we have a good record of poor managers so no change there.

Harsh on the manager, Lee Murray signed/re-signed these players too.

Nades shorts
Honest John
Agree about Lee Murray.

Harsh on the manager, Lee Murray signed/re-signed these players too.

Probably. Just pisses me off we are consistently shite.

Honest John
Agree about Lee Murray.
Ur a fanny. Could do without these twats coming on here just to slate the team. GTF

Would the money we're going to pay Christian Nade not be better spent on a couple of good midfielders?

Assuming Nade isn't going to be playing for peanuts, and we're well covered up front with Tuta, Buchanan, Clarke, Fash and K. Nade.

All very well having a wealth of attacking options but this midfield is so poor we can barely get the ball to the forwards.

Sam Sparrow
Honest John
Agree about Lee Murray.
Ur a fanny. Could do without these twats coming on here just to slate the team. GTF

Lol, I think its you that's the fanny.

Honest John
Sam Sparrow
Honest John
Agree about Lee Murray.

Lol, I think its you that's the fanny.

Naw, I've got to agree with Sam mate - it definitely is you!

Fred
Would the money we're going to pay Christian Nade not be better spent on a couple of good midfielders?

Assuming Nade isn't going to be playing for peanuts, and we're well covered up front with Tuta, Buchanan, Clarke, Fash and K. Nade.

All very well having a wealth of attacking options but this midfield is so poor we can barely get the ball to the forwards.

Christian Nade is Aitchison`s best mate so I would assume that he will be given a regular start once fit (the number 9 shirt is already his).
Unsure what role Kevin Nade will play in the team but one thing is blatantly obvious and that is we need a midfield.

Squad looks pretty unbalanced to me at the moment.

Every week i tell myself to be sensible, it's still early days and Rome wasn't built in a day. But fuck me, that second half performance was dreadful.

You have to wonder what the manager is thinking signing players like Kevin Nade and this Moosari boy. Maybe they're like Ronaldo and Messi in training, who knows? but it's clear to see there not up to scratch.

Lets be honest, It's been a tough start. Away to Forfar where we have a pretty shite record. Home to Morton where we were never likely to win but played some decent stuff! Then a derby...Enough said! and a trip to Glebe park which again we have a pretty poor record.

Like a previous poster stated, there is plenty time to fix it! Only one or two tweaks are needed.

A win against Arbroath is a must now!

i agree that saturdays game is a must win game against arbroath.