Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Your team and costs

It seems to me that you are not getting what you payed for.A supposed full time set up a new manager a new and vibrant board then you got Wullie Gray back he fuckin haw.You are not really setting the heather on fire just now are you.Have you actually won a game yet?I predict you will lie down for newco four times this season just to make up the money that has already been wasted on your current squad.Enjoy the rest of season 13-14.How often will you let wankers take the piss out of you and your team?

Re: Your team and costs

So you admit you're wanker then. That's a start

Like someone said in another thread, takes time for a pretty much new team to come together but would have expected some by now.

What the result at Ibrox may be in a couple of weeks is a bit concerning but if they can put on a decent show there it may kickstart the season.

Had my concerns about Aitchison's appointment in the first place but want to give him time. Not seen anything yet that's changing those feelings though.

By the way it takes one to know one,but apart from that in your place I would be very worried.How many games have you played now and what has been your results?Not good reading I would think.

Too many players who are just not good enough. Deep down I knew we would struggle as squad weaker than last season's and how Willis and Mcbride were given full-time deals is a mystery after performances last season. Still, early days but out 2 cups and bottom of league after 4 games says it all.

Smaller playing budget that last year. Target is to finish 8th in the league or above. Longer term aim, 1st division.........but oh shit, we've narrowly lost 2 games........ right, sack the board, get rid of the manager, and I knew all the players were rubbish.....

Looks like the x-factor generation need instant gratification. I'm happy to wait for mine.

Raithman
It seems to me that you are not getting what you payed for.A supposed full time set up a new manager a new and vibrant board then you got Wullie Gray back he fuckin haw.You are not really setting the heather on fire just now are you.Have you actually won a game yet?I predict you will lie down for newco four times this season just to make up the money that has already been wasted on your current squad.Enjoy the rest of season 13-14.How often will you let wankers take the piss out of you and your team?

Thank you for your continued obsessive interest in East Fife.

Raithman Willie Gray is not back at East Fife. He was at a game but that was all.

Not what has been quoted by earlier posters if he's not there I stand corrected,but am only going by what your alledged supporters are saying.Anyway your not doing very well so far are you?

Wrong again
Raithman Willie Gray is not back at East Fife.

Oh yes he is.

Raithman
Not what has been quoted by earlier posters if he's not there I stand corrected,but am only going by what your alledged supporters are saying.Anyway your not doing very well so far are you?

Obsessed

Hi there!
How many of your first team players have fulltime contracts? I think Buchanan, Nade, Austin and Naysmith (?) have one and, as i read here, McBride and Willis. That would be 6. Is that correct?

It's not correct and you forgot about the full time youths there are 9 of them, with a quite a few making the senior squad.